Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card
Mr. Sharma enjoys great discounts on dining with his Credit Card. What about you? Get A Card
- 50% off on Joining Fee for Axis Privilege Credit Card
Axis Bank’s Privilege Credit Card is a premium credit card that offers its customers innumerable travel perks alongside the loyalty privileges accorded to premium cardholders. Apart from travel vouchers, air miles and airport lounge access, you also get exclusive offers on movie tickets, fuel purchase and discounts at restaurants.
Features and Benefits:
The key features and benefits of Axis Bank Privilege Card are:
- Welcome gift: You get travel vouchers worth Rs. 5,000 when you enrol as a Privilege cardholder. The vouchers are redeemable on Yatra.com, where you can buy flight tickets (domestic and international) and bus tickets (domestic), as well as book hotels and holidays. To avail this welcome gift, all you need to do is swipe the Privilege card 3 times within 2 months of receiving it. The vouchers will be added to your account as 2 vouchers of Rs.2,500 each, and they will be valid for 4 months from the day you get them. You cannot club the voucher with any other ongoing schemes of Yatra.com or other card privileges.
- Milestone benefits: Travel benefits don’t stop at the welcome gift. For every Rs.2.5 lakh spent through your credit card, you get Yatra travel vouchers worth Rs.5,000. These vouchers have to be redeemed against the eDGE Reward Points earned by you through the credit card spends.
- Airport lounge access: Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card is a MasterCard which gives you free access to airport lounges across the country twice every 3 months. This means that wherever you are travelling to, you can steal some moments of peace at any of the 31 airport lounges in different cities.
- Rewards programme: As a Privilege cardholder, you are automatically enrolled into Axis Bank’s eDGE loyalty rewards programme. Every time you spend Rs.200 using your credit card, you get 10 points. This is applicable on both domestic and international expenses.
- Discounts on dining: Using your credit card at dining establishments that have partnered with Axis Bank can give you up to 15% discount. For details on which restaurants offer what rebate in your city, log on to DiningDelights.in.
- Free film tickets: Use your credit card to buy movie tickets through FastTicket.in or the Fast Ticket app, and get one ticket worth up to Rs.200 free. This offer is available only once a month for each cardholder. You will not, however, get any reward points on film ticket purchases.
- Fuel surcharge waiver: Your car or two-wheeler can now be refuelled without worrying about paying an extra surcharge. Though swiping the Privilege Credit Card for fuel will not give you any reward points, you will get a refund on the fuel surcharge paid by you. The transactions have to be between Rs.400 and Rs.4,000 and the maximum refund you will get per month is Rs.400. Service tax on the surcharge, however, is non-refundable.
- Free insurance cover: You will not have to buy another insurance cover for travel as long as you have an Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card. The card provides the following insurance covers:
|Air Accident Cover
|Lost Card Liability
|Loss of Travel Documents
|Delay of Check-in baggage
|Loss of Check-in baggage
To claim any of these insurances, you need to call the Axis Bank Customer Service, who will then guide you towards the right procedure.
- High security level: the Privilege Credit Cards are enabled with Chip technology, which guarantees maximum security on your card. It brings down considerably the possibility of card-cloning and skimming.
- Convert purchases to EMI: You can convert any purchase worth Rs.2,500 or more into Equated Monthly Instalment (EMI). This means that instead of paying the full price of the product, you pay for it in an EMI format. This also gets rid of additional interest rates as conversion to EMI is available at a mere 1.5% per month. You can seek a repayment period of 3, 6, 9 or 12 months for this HELLO-EMI scheme.
Did you know that Mr. Kumar’s Credit Card gets him free movie tickets every month? Get A Card
To be eligible to own an Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You should be between 18 and 70 years old to be a primary cardholder. Supplementary card can be held by anyone older than 18.
- Your annual net income should be Rs.6 lakh or more.
- You should be an Indian resident.
Credit cards are hassle-free in terms of documentation as it needs the bare minimum. Axis Bank Privilege Credit Cards can be obtained by presenting:
- Copy of PAN card or Form 60
- Latest payslip, Form 16 or copy of Income Tax Return
- Passport/Driving licence/Ration card/Electricity bill/Landline telephone bill as proof of address.
Fees and Charges:
The fees and charges applicable to Axis Bank Privilege Credit Cards are as given below. Service tax is applicable on all charges as per government rules.
||Privilege Credit Card
|Standard joining fee
|Standard annual fee (2nd year onwards)
|Standard add-on card joining fee
|Standard add-on card annual fee
|Finance charges (retail purchases & cash)
||2.95% per month (41.75% per annum)
|Cash withdrawal fees
||2.5% (Minimum Rs.250) of the withdrawn amount
|Fee for cash payment
|Card replacement (lost or stolen or re-issue)
|Duplicate statement fee
|Overdue penalty or late payment fee
- None if the total payment due is up to Rs. 100
- Rs. 100 if total payment due is between Rs. 101 and Rs. 300
- Rs. 300 if total payment due is between Rs. 301 and Rs. 1,000
- Rs. 500 if total payment due is between Rs. 1,001 and Rs. 5,000
- Rs. 600 if total payment due is between Rs. 5,001 and Rs. 20,000
- Rs. 700 if total payment due is Rs. 20,001 or more
|Over limit penalty
||3% of the over-limit amount (Minimum Rs. 500)
|Chargeslip retrieval fee or copy request fee
|Outstation cheque fee
|Cheque return or dishonour fee or auto-debit reversal bank a/c out of funds
|Surcharge on purchase or cancellation of railway tickets
||As prescribed by IRCTC/Indian Railways
|Fuel transaction surcharge
||2.5% of transaction amount or Rs. 10, whichever is higher (Refunded for fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000)
|Foreign currency transaction fee
||3.50% of the transaction value
|Mobile alerts for transactions
|Balance enquiry charges
For Balance Transfer of credit card from another bank to Axis Bank, the following conditions apply:
- The amount due on the card should be at least Rs. 5,000.
- You can choose between a 3-month and a 6-month tenure. Finance charges applicable for the 3-month plan is 0.75% and that for the 6-month plan is 0%.
- Processing fees for the balance transfer plan are as follows:
- For 3-month plan – 2% of the Balance Transfer amount (minimum Rs. 199)
- For 6-month plan – 1% of the Balance Transfer amount (minimum Rs. 100)
Offers on Privilege Credit Card:
Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card comes with several promotional offers. These concessions are available in dining, shopping, groceries, air tickets, holidays, etc. Some of the best offers are listed here, and more information can be obtained from the Axis Bank website:
BigBasket: Get 20% off on purchase worth Rs. 1,000. Offer valid till December 31, 2016.
Flywidus.com: Get discounts of up to Rs. 750 on bookings. Offer valid till September 30, 2016.
Agoda.com: Get an extra 7% rebate on bookings. Offer valid till September 30, 2016.
Mrs. Sharma enjoys cashback on all her retail purchases. You could too! Get A Card
How to Apply For Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card:
To apply for Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card, you have 3 options:
- Apply online through Axis Bank
- Apply online through BankBazaar
- Go to your nearest Axis Bank branch and apply there.
Axis Bank has a dedicated customer service centre that is pleased to assist you with any banking-related queries and solutions at any time of the day or night.
- To know your account balance, call 1800-419-5959; to get a mini-statement on phone, call 1800-419-6969. Both are toll-free numbers.
- To block debit/pre-paid cards, the 24-hour Emergency Helpline Number +91 22 67987700 (not toll-free) is available.
- Phone Banking Service numbers are:
- From within India: 1-800-209-5577 and 1-800-103-5577
- From outside India: +91 22 27648000 (not toll-free)
- Loan-related services can be availed between 9am and 9pm from Monday to Saturday (excluding national holidays).
Payment of your credit card bills can be made in one of the following ways:
- Axis Bank Internet Banking: You can pay the credit card bill through your savings account by logging in to Axis Bank Internet Banking. Go to Balance and Payments, and select the credit card number and the account from which the amount should be debited. Enter the amount you wish to pay and click ‘Submit’. The payment will be done on the same day.
- Axis Bank Internet Banking for payment to multiple cards: If you have more than 1 credit cards of Axis Bank that you want to pay through your savings account, log in to your Axis Bank internet banking and go to Accounts > Pay Bill Option and add your new cards to your account. Select ‘Axis Bank Credit Card – DirectPay’ as the biller. Once this addition is done, you can pay your credit card bills through the Pay Bill Option > DirectPay. You can make a one-time payment, or fix an amount to be paid every week/month/year to the chosen credit card/s.
- National Automated Clearing House (NACH): To enrol for this, you need to download the NACH form and send it to the address mentioned in the form.
- National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) and Immediate Payment Service (IMPS): NEFT and IMPS payments can be done by logging in to the internet banking services of any bank. You need to enter the correct details of your credit card while making the payment. IMPS is available through mobile app as well.
- Visa Money Transfer: Visa Money Transfer can be done through Net Banking or Visa Debit Card, but it will take 2 working days to process the payment. You need to contact Axis Bank Customer Care for more details on this.
- Mobile Payment: Such a payment can be done through Axis Bank’s mobile application. Once you log in to the app, you will be able to make payments through the Accounts option.
- SMS Payment: To avail this facility, send an SMS from the mobile number registered with the bank to 5676782 in the following format – CCP Last 6 Digits of your Axis Bank Saving/Current Account Number Payment Amount Last 4 Digits of Credit Card Number. You can only make a maximum payment of Rs. 5,000 in this way.
- Auto debit facility: You can opt for an auto debit facility on your Axis Bank Savings or Current account. You need to download and fill in the Auto Debit form and send it to Credit Card Customer Service
Axis Bank Ltd, NPC 1,
5th floor,’Gigaplex’, Plot No. I.T.5,
MIDC, Airoli Knowledge Park, Airoli,
Navi Mumbai – 400708
email ID: Creditcards@axisbank.com
- Offline payments: You can also make payments to your credit card by going to the bank branch and paying through cheque, demand draft or cash.
- ATM Payments: Axis Bank ATMs allow you to pay your credit card bill through your debit card. This option can be found in Other Services > Bill Payment. You can choose the amount you want to pay and process the payment.
Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card FAQs:
- What is the validity of eDGE Reward Points?
eDGE Reward Points are valid for 3 years from the time the reward is earned. For example, if you earned 250 points on June 30, 2016, it will be valid till June 30, 2019.
- Does the Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card give instant loans?
Yes. You can request for instant loan through credit card either by calling 1800 103 5577 or 1800 209 5577, or by sending ILW as SMS to 5676782.
- How many add-on credit cards can I avail on my primary card?
You can avail up to 4 add-on credit cards per primary card.
Other Top Credit Cards By Axis Bank
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.