Bank of Baroda Credit Card Eligibility
Bank of Baroda (BoB) is one of the popular Indian state-owned international banks in the country. From time to time, the bank has offered excellent banking and financial services to their customers. BoB credit cards offer unique benefits like easy EMI facility, multiple redemption options, zero fuel surcharge, free add-on cards, inbuilt insurance cover, and zero liability on lost cards. The features and benefits differ from card to card.
General eligibility criteria to apply for a Bank of Baroda Credit Card
||For all Bank of Baroda credit cards
|Minimum age of the applicant
|Maximum age of the applicant
||Self-employed or salaried individuals
||Individual (Gross)- Rs.3 lakh per annum Company/Firm- Paid-up capital should be Rs.25 lakh or above
*The eligibility criteria differ from card to card. Please get in touch with the bank to check the Bank of Baroda official website for more information.
Factors that affect your Bank of Baroda credit card eligibility
There are many factors that affect your Bank of Baroda credit card eligibility criteria. Some of the factors are as follows:
- A high outstanding amount on your existing credit cards: If you already hold a credit card and are applying for another one, the outstanding due amount on your existing credit card will have an impact on your application.
- The number of credit cards you own: If you have multiple credit cards and have high due amount on each card, you will end up having a high credit utilisation ratio. This will have a negative impact on your credit card application.
- “Charge-off” or “Settled” remark on your credit report: If you were unable to clear your credit card dues in the past and worked out a settlement with your credit card provider, your credit report will clearly mention that you “Settled” your dues. This remark on your credit report has the potential to get your application rejected.
- Recent delinquency on your credit report: If you have defaulted on any of your loan recently, it will bring your credit score down. Your credit card application may be rejected or you would not get a great credit card deal if you have a low credit score.
- Multiple credit inquiries: Avoiding applying for multiple lines of credit at the same time. If the lender notices that you have made multiple hard enquiries for credit, it makes you look like a desperate borrower.
Some other factors that can affect your credit card eligibility are:
- Gross monthly debt or Debt-to-Income Ratio
- Credit score
- Lack of credit history
- Job stability
How to improve your Bank of Baroda credit card eligibility
There are many ways you can increase your credit card eligibility. Some of the ways are:
- Consider increasing your credit score. If you have a low credit score, consider closing your existing loans, paying your bills on time, or clearing your existing credit card balance. When you make healthy financial changes, your credit score will improve. After you have closed any line of credit, check your credit score after a month for the updated score. Apply for a credit card after your credit score increases.
- When your credit card application is being processed, make sure you pay all your bills on time. Your credit card provider will be able to see if you default on your payments and might reject your application if you are not a prompt payer.
- Maintain a good Debt-to-Income Ratio.
- If you have an existing credit card, maintain a good credit utilisation ratio and pay your bills on time.
- Avoid cheque bounces, late fees, and penalties on all your active lines of credit.
- Consider increasing your income and reducing your total debt to get better credit card deals.
Top Bank of Baroda credit cards
Some of the most popular credit cards offered by Bank of Baroda are:
- Bank of Baroda Easy Credit Card
- Bank of Baroda Select Credit Card
- Bank of Baroda Premier Credit Card
- Bank of Baroda Prime Credit Card
If you are planning to apply for a Bank of Baroda credit card, you can talk to one of the bank’s executives by dialing 1800 223 224. If you are an existing customer, you can apply for a Bank of Baroda credit card through your netbanking account. Alternatively, you can apply for a credit card online on the Bank of Baroda official website or you can visit a bank branch in person.
Check Other Banks Credit Card Eligibility