Top 10 Credit Cards
Credit card is a small plastic card that allows you to borrow money instantly at the point of sale from your card provider to pay for purchases. The total borrowed amount has to be paid by the cardholder at the end of the billing cycle (it is generally a month long). Credit card payment is one of the most convenient and beneficial ways to pay for products. Unlike cash, credit card can be used to make online payments as well. Apart from allowing people to borrow money, these cards offer various rewards and benefits such as discounts, cashback, lounge access and memberships among many others.
It is very important to choose the right credit card or else you might end up losing on a lot of benefits. You must opt for a card after comparing it with the different cards offered in the market. There are many banks in India that offer various types of credit cards. The cards are categorized on the basis of the benefits they offer. For example – Travel credit card, Entertainment credit card, Shopping Credit Card, etc.
Best Credit Cards in India, 2017
Mentioned below are the top 10 credit cards offered by banks in India considering the categories Fuel, Premium, Travel, Rewards, Shopping, Dining and Entertainment. These cards are chosen based on the rewards/perks they offer.
- IndianOil Citi Platinum Card
- Standard Chartered SuperValue Titanium Credit Card
- Yatra SBI Credit Card
- The Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card
- HSBC Visa Platinum Card
- Citi Cashback Card
- HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Card
- IndusInd Bank Platinum Card
- Axis Bank Neo Credit Card
- Kotak PVR Gold Credit Card
Top 10 Credit Cards in India – Card wise Features & Benefits
Indian Oil Citi Platinum Card
This fuel credit card helps you save money on fuel and at the same time earn rewards on all your purchases.
Benefits of Indian Oil Citi Platinum Card
- Avail annual fee waiver on spend of Rs.30,000 p.a.
- Earn 4 Turbo Points on every Rs.150 spent on purchase of fuel at IndianOil Outlets across India. Earn 4 points at selected partner stores as well.
- Fuel surcharge waiver at IndianOil outlets.
- Earn 2 Turbo Points on every Rs.150 spent at supermarket and grocery stores.
- Earn 1 Turbo Point on every Rs.150 spent on all other purchases.
- Redeem Turbo Points for free fuel at IndianOil outlets. 1 Turbo Point is equal to free fuel worth Rs.1. Points can also be redeemed at selected merchant outlets and for gift vouchers at major brands.
- Enjoy personal concierge services and offers on dining, shopping, etc.
Standard Chartered SuperValue Titanium Credit Card
Use this card if you want to save money on telephone and fuel bills.
Benefits of Standard Chartered SuperValue Titanium Credit Card:
- Avail 5% (up to Rs.200 per month) cashback on fuel purchased at any petrol pump in India.
- Avail 1% fuel surcharge reversal at petrol pumps.
- Avail 5% cashback on telephone, electricity, water and gas bills paid using this card.
- Earn 1 Reward Point on every Rs.100 spent on other categories.
Yatra SBI Credit Card
The State Bank of India (SBI) and Yatra have partnered to offer Yatra SBI Credit Card, which is one of the best travel credit cards in India at present. Apart from offers on domestic and international travel, this card has multiple benefits in store for the cardholders.
Benefits of Yatra SBI Credit Card:
- Vouchers worth Rs.8,250 from Yatra as welcome gift. Use card within 30 days of availing it to get Rs.100 worth cashback.
- Spend at least Rs.90,000 a year to avail annual fee waiver.
- Avail 6x Reward Points on money spent using the card on Yatra, grocery stores and departmental stores.
- Avail 6x bonus points on the base fare and rates on bookings made on Yatra.
- Avail 1 point on every Rs.100 spent on other retail stores.
- Points can be redeemed for Yatra vouchers.
- Avail discount voucher of Rs.500 on every Rs.30,000 spent on bookings made on Yatra.
- Enjoy access to airport lounges in India.
- Enjoy 1% surcharge waiver on Rs.500 to Rs.3,000 worth fuel purchases.
Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card
This card provides cardholders with an unforgettable travel experience. It is offered by American Express in partnership with Jet Airways. It is very popular because of the different kinds of rewards it has to offer.
Benefits of Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card
- Avail 10,000 Bonus JPMiles and a 1-way Jet Airways domestic flight ticket with the base fare waived as welcome gift.
- Enjoy complimentary access to airport lounges in 11 cities of India.
- Avail 3% cashback on fuel purchases in India.
- Avail Preferred Hotels & Resorts free iPrefer Elite Tier membership.
- Enjoy 24x7 Platinum Concierge Service.
- Earn 8 JPMiles on every Rs.150 spent. This benefit is not applicable on fuel, insurance, cash and utility transactions.
- Earn 16 JPMiles on every Rs.150 spent on booking tickets on the website of Jet Airways.
- Earn up to 20 Bonus JPMiles on every Rs.100 spend under the EXTRA JPMiles Program.
- Enjoy zero lost card liability.
SBC Visa Platinum Card
This credit card offered by HSBC bank is preferred by many people because of the endless rewards it offers. Cardholders can enjoy cashback, reward points, discounts and much more.
Benefits of SBC Visa Platinum Card
- During the initial 90 days, avail 10% cashback on all spends, provided at least 3 transactions are made and the minimum spend is Rs.10,000. Avail a maximum cashback of Rs.3,000.
- Earn 3x Rewards on hotel, dining and telecom spends for the initial 12 months.
- Earn 2 points on every Rs.150 spent using the card.
- Earn EXTRA points at selected EXTRA partners.
- Spend at least Rs.4,00,000 in a year and earn 5x Rewards on all the successive transactions.
- Spend at least Rs.50,000 in a month to avail movie vouchers worth Rs.500.
- Enjoy fuel surcharge waiver when you pay for fuel using the card.
- Enjoy discounts on dining under HSBC Dining Privileges.
Citi Cashback Card
This card allows you to earn while you spend. It offers cashback and other benefits on spends.
Benefits of Citi Cashback Card
- Make contactless payments of up to Rs.2,000. No PIN required. Simply tap the card at the contactless terminal to pay.
- Get 5% cashback on movie tickets and phone bill payments.
- Get 5% cashback on utility bill payments, if paid through Citibank Online Bill Pay.
- Get 0.5% cashback on all the other spends.
- Enjoy exclusive dining and shopping benefits.
- Make purchases on EMI at over 2,000 mobile phone, electronics and retail outlets.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Card
This credit card is one of the most popular premium card in India. It does not just offer reward points, but provides the best protection, golf benefits, travel benefits, lifestyle benefits, etc.
Benefits of HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Card
- Earn 2x reward points on domestic and international air ticket and hotel bookings.
- Redeem points for airmiles or to book air tickets or hotels.
- Enjoy access to over 25 airport lounges in India and over 650 airport lounges abroad.
- Enjoy 24x7 concierge service. Get the concierge to reserve golf course and dining or to deliver flowers and gifts or to rent cars. The concierge will also provide business related services, courier service and make hotel reservations.
- Avail 5 reward points on every Rs.150 spent at retail merchant stores.
- Avail 10 reward points on every Rs.150 spent on HDFC Bank Diners Club website.
- Enjoy complimentary golf games and lessons in India and abroad.
- Get Rs.2 crore worth Air Accident Cover, up to Rs.50 lakh worth Emergency Medical Expenses cover, up to Rs.9 lakh worth Credit Liability cover and up to Rs.55,000 worth Travel Insurance Cover on baggage loss/delay.
IndusInd Bank Platinum Card
This premium credit card is ideal for people who wish to live a posh life. It offers multiple lifestyle and dining benefits to the cardholders.
Benefits of IndusInd Bank Platinum Card
- Avail Accor Plus Program membership. This membership will allow cardholders to enjoy up to 15% discount on drinks across Asia and up to 50% discount on dining across Asia Pacific. Apart from that, members can avail discount on hotel bookings, complimentary night stays and Silver Membership Status at Le Club Accor Hotels.
- Earn 1.5 Reward Points on every Rs.150 that you spend using the card.
- Avail discounts from various travel and shopping partners. For Example – Satya Paul, Jet Airways, Woodland, United Colours of Benetton, etc.
- Enjoy complimentary golf lessons and games at golf courses in India.
- Avail discounts on movie tickets when you book using this card on Bookmyshow.
- Enjoy complimentary Priority Pass and get access to airport lounges in India and abroad.
- Enjoy benefits under the Travel Plus Program.
- Avail Travel Insurance cover and enjoy 24x7 concierge services. The card’s Total Protect feature will protect you from fraudulent transactions.
- Avail free air accident cover up to Rs.25 lakh.
- Enjoy 1% fuel surcharge waiver at petrol pumps in India.
- Avail services during emergency through the bank’s 24x7 Auto Assist Facility.
Axis Bank Neo Credit Card
This card is loved by movie goers and shoppers. It offers some of the best dining, shopping and entertainment benefits in India. Cardholders can also earn reward points on their spends and make purchases on EMI.
Benefits of Axis Bank Neo Credit Card
- Earn 2 eDGE Loyalty Rewards points on every Rs.200 spent using the card.
- Avail 10% cashback on mobile recharge, online shopping and movie tickets.
- Avail vouchers of Rs.200 from Bookmyshow.
- Easily convert transactions of Rs.2,500 and above into EMI.
- Avail Rs.500 worth complimentary vouchers from Jabong.
- Avail 10% discount on every transaction of at least Rs.500 made on Myntra.
- This card is protected through an EMV certified chip.
- Enjoy zero lost card liability.
- No annual fee is charged for the first year.
Kotak PVR Gold Credit Card
This credit card has been exclusively designed for movie buffs. It is offered by Kotak Mahindra Bank in partnership with PVR Cinemas.
Benefits of Kotak PVR Gold Credit Card
- Avail 1 free PVR movie ticket on a minimum spend of Rs.10,000 per billing cycle or 2 free tickets on a minimum spend of Rs.15,000 per billing cycle. To avail the free tickets, cardholders can make any type of spends.
- Avail up to Rs.75,000 worth insurance coverage for stolen or lost card.
- Avail Add-on cards for family members.