Below are Some of Best Credit Cards Based on Top Categories
- Yatra SBI Credit Card: Best for Travel, Flight Booking, Hotel Booking
- YES Prosperity Edge Credit Card: Best for Lounge Access, Rewards
- HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card: Best for Travel, Dining, Movies
- Citi Cashback Card: Best for Cash Back
- IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card: Best Lifetime Free Card
- IndianOil Citi Platinum Credit Card: Best for Fuel
- Axis Bank Neo Credit Card: Best for Cashback, Hotel, Movies
- HDFC Bank Diners ClubMiles Card: Best for Lounge Access
- Citi Rewards Credit Card: Best for Rewards
- Kotak PVR Gold Credit Card: Best for Movies
- Axis Bank Neo Credit Card: Best for Bookings, Shopping, Movies
- IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Edge Credit Card: Best for Travel, Dining, Lifestyle
- HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Card: Best for Lounge Access, Hotel, Dining
Top 10 Credit Cards in India – Features & Benefits
Indian Oil Citi Platinum Card
This fuel credit card helps you save money on fuel and at the same time earn rewards on all your purchases.
Benefits of Indian Oil Citi Platinum Card
- Avail annual fee waiver on spend of Rs.30,000 p.a.
- Earn 4 Turbo Points on every Rs.150 spent on purchase of fuel at IndianOil Outlets across India. Earn 4 points at selected partner stores as well.
- Fuel surcharge waiver at IndianOil outlets.
- Earn 2 Turbo Points on every Rs.150 spent at supermarket and grocery stores.
- Earn 1 Turbo Point on every Rs.150 spent on all other purchases.
- Redeem Turbo Points for free fuel at IndianOil outlets. 1 Turbo Point is equal to free fuel worth Rs.1. Points can also be redeemed at selected merchant outlets and for gift vouchers at major brands.
- Enjoy personal concierge services and offers on dining, shopping, etc.
HDFC Freedom Credit Card
Key Highlights of HDFC Freedom Credit Card
- Enjoy 5X reward points on everything from grocery, dining, movie, railway, and taxi bookings.
- Make your birthday 25X better with 25X reward points on card expenses made on your birthday.
- Avail 10X reward points on your SmartBUY and PayZapp purchases.
- Get a gift voucher worth Rs.1,000 when you spend Rs.90,000 in a year.
- Spend Rs.50,000+ in a year and get your renewal fee waived off.
- Enjoy an interest-free period of up to 50 days.
- Get 500 reward points as your welcome benefit.
- Get renewal bonus of 500 points when you pay your renewal fee.
Yatra SBI Credit Card
The State Bank of India (SBI) and Yatra have partnered to offer Yatra SBI Credit Card, which is one of the best travel credit cards in India at present. Apart from offers on domestic and international travel, this card has multiple benefits in store for the cardholders.
Benefits of Yatra SBI Credit Card:
- Vouchers worth Rs.8,250 from Yatra as welcome gift. Use card within 30 days of availing it to get Rs.100 worth cashback.
- Spend up to Rs.1 lakh in a year to avail annual fee waiver from the second year.
- Avail 6x Reward Points on money spent using the card on Yatra, grocery stores and departmental stores.
- Avail 6x bonus points on the base fare and rates on bookings made on Yatra.
- Avail 1 point on every Rs.100 spent on other retail stores.
- Points can be redeemed for Yatra vouchers.
- Avail discount voucher of Rs.500 on every Rs.30,000 spent on bookings made on Yatra.
- Enjoy access to airport lounges in India.
- Enjoy 1% surcharge waiver on Rs.500 to Rs.3,000 worth fuel purchases.
HSBC Visa Platinum Card
This credit card offered by HSBC bank is preferred by many people because of the endless rewards it offers. Cardholders can enjoy cashback, reward points, discounts and much more.
Benefits of HSBC Visa Platinum Card
- During the initial 90 days, avail 10% cashback on all spends, provided at least 9 transactions are made and the minimum spend is Rs.10,000. Avail a maximum cashback of Rs.2,000.
- Earn 2 points on every Rs.150 spent using the card.
- Earn EXTRA points at selected EXTRA partners.
- Spend at least Rs.4,00,000 in a year and earn 5x Rewards on all the successive transactions.
- Spend at least Rs.50,000 in a month to avail movie vouchers worth Rs.500.
- Enjoy fuel surcharge waiver when you pay for fuel using the card.
- Enjoy discounts on dining under HSBC Dining Privileges.
Citi Cashback Card
This card allows you to earn while you spend. It offers cashback and other benefits on spends.
Benefits of Citi Cashback Card
- Make contactless payments of up to Rs.2,000. No PIN required. Simply tap the card at the contactless terminal to pay.
- Get 5% cashback on movie tickets and phone bill payments.
- Get 5% cashback on utility bill payments, if paid through Citibank Online Bill Pay.
- Get 0.5% cashback on all the other spends.
- Enjoy exclusive dining and shopping benefits.
- Savings of 20% in participating restaurants
- Make purchases on EMI at over 2,000 mobile phone, electronics and retail outlets.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Card
This credit card is one of the most popular premium cards in India. It does not just offer reward points, but provides the best protection, golf benefits, travel benefits, lifestyle benefits, etc.
Benefits of HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Card
- Earn reward points on domestic and international air ticket and hotel bookings.
- Redeem points for airmiles or to book air tickets or hotels.
- Enjoy access to over 25 airport lounges in India and over 650 airport lounges abroad.
- Enjoy 24x7 concierge service. Get the concierge to reserve golf course and dining or to deliver flowers and gifts or to rent cars. The concierge will also provide business related services, courier service and make hotel reservations.
- Avail 5 reward points on every Rs.150 spent at retail merchant stores.
- Avail 10 reward points on every Rs.150 spent on HDFC Bank Diners Club website.
- Enjoy complimentary golf games and lessons in India and abroad.
- Get Rs.2 crore worth Air Accident Cover, up to Rs.50 lakh worth Emergency Medical Expenses cover, up to Rs.9 lakh worth Credit Liability cover and up to Rs.55,000 worth Travel Insurance Cover on baggage loss/delay.
IndusInd Bank Platinum Card
This premium credit card is ideal for people who wish to live a posh life. It offers multiple lifestyle and dining benefits to the cardholders.
Benefits of IndusInd Bank Platinum Card
- Avail Accor Plus Program membership. This membership will allow cardholders to enjoy up to 15% discount on beverages across Asia and up to 50% discount on dining across Asia Pacific. Apart from that, members can avail discount on hotel bookings, complimentary night stays and Silver Membership Status at Le Club Accor Hotels.
- Earn 1.5 Reward Points on every Rs.150 that you spend using the card.
- Avail discounts from various travel and shopping partners. For Example – Satya Paul, Jet Airways, Woodland, United Colors of Benetton, etc.
- Enjoy complimentary golf lessons and games at golf courses in India.
- Avail discounts on movie tickets when you book using this card on Bookmyshow.
- Enjoy complimentary Priority Pass and get access to airport lounges in India and abroad.
- Enjoy benefits under the Travel Plus Program.
- Avail Travel Insurance cover and enjoy 24x7 concierge services. The card’s Total Protect feature will protect you from fraudulent transactions.
- Avail free air accident cover up to Rs.25 lakh.
- Avail services during emergency through the bank’s 24x7 Auto Assist Facility.
HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card
- Enjoy 2 reward points each time you spend Rs.150 on your card
- Earn 2X more reward points for online spends
- Get cashback against card outstanding by redeeming earned reward points (100 reward points = Rs.20)
- Redeem your points for gifts and air miles from the exclusive rewards catalogue.
- Minimum of 2,500 points are required to redeem reward points.
- Accumulated points are valid for 2 years from accumulation date.
- Get an e-voucher(valid for 60 days) worth Rs.500 on spends of 50,000+ per quarter on retail purchases.
- Annual savings of up to Rs.1,800 on fuel at stations anywhere in India
- 100% waiver on fuel surcharge with up to Rs.250 savings every billing cycle
- Zero liability on fraudulent transactions made on your card after loss of card is reported.
Axis Bank Neo Credit Card
This card is loved by movie goers and shoppers. It offers some of the best dining, shopping and entertainment benefits in India. Cardholders can also earn reward points on their spends and make purchases on EMI.
Benefits of Axis Bank Neo Credit Card
- Earn 2 EDGE Loyalty Rewards points on every Rs.200 spent using the card.
- Avail 10% cashback on mobile recharge, online shopping and movie tickets.
- Avail vouchers of Rs.200 from Bookmyshow.
- Easily convert transactions of Rs.2,500 and above into EMI.
- Avail 10% discount on every transaction of at least Rs.500 made on Myntra.
- This card is protected through an EMV certified chip.
- Enjoy zero lost card liability.
- No annual fee is charged for the first year.
Kotak PVR Gold Credit Card
This credit card has been exclusively designed for movie buffs. It is offered by Kotak Mahindra Bank in partnership with PVR Cinemas.
Benefits of Kotak PVR Gold Credit Card
- Avail 1 free PVR movie ticket on a minimum spend of Rs.10,000 per billing cycle or 2 free tickets on a minimum spend of Rs.15,000 per billing cycle. To avail the free tickets, cardholders can make any type of spends.
- Avail up to Rs.75,000 worth insurance coverage for stolen or lost card.
- Avail Add-on cards for family members.
Best Credit Cards in India for Salaried Individuals
Credit cards are perhaps one of the most utilised financial tools in the world today. These cards are similar to loans and can be availed with a swipe of the card. Ever since their inception in the 1950s, credit cards have had a significant impact on the economy.
In order to avail a credit card, certain eligibility criteria will have to be met. For example, the applicant must be earning a minimum annual income as defined by the credit card provider and must be an adult. Additionally, credit scores also play an important role.
Salaried individuals can avail a number of credit cards as long as they are earning a minimum annual income, as prescribed by the bank or credit card provider and have a good credit score. A number of companies in India provide salaried employees with a plethora of credit cards. Each of these cards come with different benefits and features and the eligibility criteria for each of these cards will vary.
4 Top Credit Cards of 2020
We’ve picked the BEST reward Credit Cards for 2020 that will spoil you silly. Want to check them out?
HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
This card not only comes with a zero annual fee but also offers 15% discount at select restaurants & lounges in India. Avail attractive discounts on domestic and international flight bookings on MakeMyTrip! How cool is that?
SBI Simply Save Card
This card will keep you happy all day long! It offers 10X rewards on all your dining, movies, grocery and departmental store spends. Also earn 1 reward point for every Rs. 100 spent on all other categories. How cool is that?
HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Card
Want to get pampered? Look no further! This card offers unlimited free airport lounge visits all across the world. Get 5 reward points for every retail spend worth Rs.150 at select retail & online partners too! That’s a steal.
SBI Simply Click Card
Love shopping? This card offers 5X reward points for all online spends. Also, earn 10X reward points on spends with exclusive partners. What’re you waiting for?
You do NOT want to miss out on these amazing Credit Card offers. Grab them before it’s too late! Didn’t find what you were looking for? Cheer up! We have other equally cool offers exclusively for you.
26 May 2020
Which is the best credit card for a first-time borrower?
The credit cards which have a zero annual fee and no joining fee will be the first choice for a first-time credit card applicant. However, it will also depend on the features and benefits of the card which will cater to the requirements of the cardholder. The applicant can choose the Axis Bank Neo Credit Card which has a minimal annual fee of Rs.250 and offers a wide range of benefits across many categories.
What are the top credit cards to apply for to get the best entertainment benefits?
There are several credit cards which offer a wide variety of entertainment benefits. However, there are a certain set of cards which are solely entertainment-oriented. They offer the best benefits when it comes to entertainment along with a few features across other categories as well. The Kotak PVR Gold Credit Card, HDFC Moneyback Credit Card and the Axis Bank Neo Credit Card are among the top credit cards for entertainment expenses.
How to redeem the benefits which are offered by these credit cards?
For the reward points, you can visit the website of the bank and redeem the points which have been accumulated in your card. The reward points can be redeemed to avail a wide range of products and services across various categories through the partnerships the bank has with other companies. Benefits such as movie tickets, dining, etc., will be automatically given to you once you use the credit card. However, it is important to know the terms and conditions of the benefits which are given with your card.
What are the best credit cards available for a wide range of dining benefits?
Most cards which are mentioned above come with a set of dining privileges which will be given to you while you are dining out. There are also certain cards which offer discounts and cashback while ordering online. The HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card and the IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card are some of the credit cards which offer best-in-class dining benefits.
Will the lounge benefits with these top credit cards be free of cost?
There is a certain number of lounge visits allotted to you with your credit card which are free of cost. However, after exceeding the maximum number of visits, you will have to pay a certain amount as a fee to utilise the lounge in domestic and international airports. The fee generally is the same for most credit cards. It is advised that you read the terms and conditions for domestic and international lounge access before using the card.