To maintain a stellar credit score and avoid late payment fees, it's important you pay your credit card bill on time. That's why, IndusInd Bank has several payment modes to make the process easier. You can clear your credit card bill with IndusInd accounts and other bank accounts as well. Below are the various online and offline methods you can consider:
Indusind Bank Credit Card Bill Payment Online
- Net banking
- Visa Money Transfer (VMT)
- NEFT/RTGS/IMPS facility
Indusind Bank Credit Card Bill Payment Offline
- ATM funds transfer
- NACH facility
- Auto Debit facility
- SWIFT transfer
- Cheque/draft drop boxes
Ways to pay your card bill online
Below you'll find a step-by-step guide on how to pay your bill online.Net Banking
- Log in to www.indusind.com.
- Enter your user ID and password to sign into IndusNet (internet banking).
- Select 'Funds Transfer' and add a beneficiary for the bill payment.
- Enter the beneficiary name and VISA credit card number.
- Under 'Transfer Funds', select the 'To any VISA card'.
- Choose the IndusInd account you want to transfer funds from.
- Choose the card you want to make a payment to.
- Mention the transaction amount.
- Confirm the transaction date.
- Approve the transaction and enter the password or OTP for validation.
You can clear your card bill through a third-party site like BillDesk. Follow the below steps to conduct a transaction:
- Enter your IndusInd Bank credit card number and the amount that needs to be paid.
- Select the bank account to debit funds from. Do note that IndusInd Bank only partners with certain banks.
- You'll be redirected to the payment page of your chosen bank.
- Enter the Net banking user ID and the password of your bank account.
- Approve the payment amount.
- This amount will get debited from your account immediately.
- The payment to your IndusInd credit card account will reflect within three working days. This doesn't include weekends or bank holidays.
- You will be redirected to a transaction acknowledgement screen.
- Over here, you'll find the status of your transaction. If it has failed, you will have to process the payment again.
- If you cannot view the status, check your bank account to see if the amount has been debited. Only initiate another payment if it hasn't been debited.
With VMT, you can transfer funds from other bank accounts and pay your bill. Listed below are the banks that provide VMT services:
- Axis Bank
- Barclays Bank
- Canara Bank
- Catholic Syrian Bank
- Corporation Bank
- Development Credit Bank
- HDFC Bank
- HSBC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- Kotak Bank
- State Bank of India
- Standard Chartered Bank
To initiate a NEFT/IMPS/RTGS transaction, you will have to add your IndusInd Bank credit card as a beneficiary. Here's how you can do that:
- Visit the 'Add Beneficiary' page via internet banking.
- Choose IndusInd Bank from the list.
- Pick your city/branch and make sure the IFSC code is INDB0000018.
- Enter your 16-digit IndusInd Bank credit card number.
Once you're done with this process, you can go ahead and start a NEFT/IMPS/RTGS transaction in the following ways:
- Log in to your bank's internet banking website and go to 'Funds Transfer'.
- Select your IndusInd Bank credit card to receive funds.
- Authorise an online funds transfer with your IndusInd Bank card as the beneficiary.
Do note that IMPS is only available for IMPS live member banks. You also have to make your credit card payment 2 days prior to your due date.
Ways To Pay Your Card Bill Offline
There are several ways you can pay your card bill offline as well. Check out how you can do this below:Atm Funds Transfer
- Visit the nearest ATM and enter your PIN.
- Pick the 'VISA credit card bill payment' option.
- Choose the IndusInd Bank account you want to transfer funds from.
- Enter your credit card number as the beneficiary.
- Approve the transaction.
NACH, also known as National Automated Clearing House, is a facility that lets you transfer funds electronically from your bank account to your card account. It automatically deducts the amount from your bank account and directs it towards your credit card bill payment. Here's how you opt for the NACH facility:
- Download the NACH form from the official IndusInd website.
- Fill the form with your details and mail it to the bank. By sending this form, you're authorising the bank to debit funds from your bank account for your card payment.
To ensure your card bill is paid on time, you need to clear the dues three days before the due date. The savings account you choose should either be your sole or joint account with any signing mandate.Auto Debit facility
It can be difficult remembering your payment due date. That's why, the Auto Debit facility is a handy and convenient feature offered by IndusInd Bank. To use this facility, here's what you have to do:
- Download the Auto Debit mandate form from IndusInd Bank's official website.
- This form is a way of authorising the bank to debit a pre-determined amount for your card bill payment.
Make sure the account you nominate is either your sole or joint account with any signing mandate.SWIFT transfer
You can send a wire transfer from any local branch abroad to pay the outstanding dues on your credit card. IndusInd Bank is part of the SWIFT Organisation (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) and works with more than 250 of the world's top banks.
To initiate a SWIFT transfer, follow the steps below:
- Visit your local bank branch and inform them to credit your card account with funds from your correspondent bank. You will also have to mention the currency you wish to send it in.
- Your bank has to enter 'OUR' in the charges field while they're initiating a wire transfer.
This process may take 24 to 48 hours from the time you have sent the request. Do note that your local bank may charge for a wire transfer.Cheque / Draft Drop Boxes
You also have the option to pay your IndusInd Bank credit card bill with a cheque or a draft. More details below:
- Make your cheque or draft payable to your IndusInd Bank credit card number.
- Behind the cheque or draft, mention your name as well as your mobile number.
- Include the tear away slip with your draft/cheque.
- Only CTS compliant cheques are accepted.
Once you have done this, you can drop the cheque/draft at any of the IndusInd Bank ATMs. Do not deposit post-dated cheques and make sure you submit them 4 days before the due date.Cash
You can make your credit card bill payment with cash at any of the IndusInd Bank branches. All you have to do is quote your 16-digit card number and pay a fee of Rs.100. Check out the list of cities that offer card payments at the branch:
- What happens if I fail to pay my credit card bill on time?
- Can I pay my credit card bill using the same card?
- Can I clear my outstanding balances with cash?
- Can I pay my credit card bill at an ATM with cash?
- If I choose SWIFT transfer to clear my dues, how long will it take for the payment to get processed?
If you don't pay your credit card before the due date, you will be charged a late payment fee by the bank. Depending on your outstanding balance, IndusInd Bank will levy a fee. For instance, if your outstanding balance is above Rs.10,000, you will be charged Rs.700 as late payment fees.
Late payments also reflect in your credit report and will negatively impact your CIBIL score as well.
No. This is because you don't have money on your credit card. What you get is access to a line of credit, which is money you borrow and then owe the bank. To pay your credit card bill, the funds will have to be debited from your savings account or current account.
Yes. You can pay your credit card bill with cash. All you have to do is visit your bank's branch and tell them your credit card number. IndusInd charges Rs.100 as payment fees.
While some banks are open 365 days from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, most branches will have different working days and timings. Check if your branch offers these services.
No, you cannot. However, you can pay your card bill at an ATM by debiting the funds from your bank account. You will have to choose your IndusInd Bank account and enter your credit card number as the beneficiary to process the payment. Alternatively, you can make cash payments at your local branch.
For starters, it takes around 24 to 48 hours for the funds to reach IndusInd Bank's account once you place a wire transfer request. As soon as the funds are in the account, it takes 24 banking hours for your payment to get processed. You should also be aware of the fees you may be charged for a wire transfer.