SBI Cards offer an extensive variety of credit cards that are designed to suit multiple lifestyle categories. From shopping to travel, professional to student, SBI offers a credit card for every individual.The basic eligibility criteria required to apply for any SBI Credit Cards are as follows,
- Age of the primary applicant must be between 21 years to 60 years.
- Age of the add-on card applicant must be above 18 years.
- Must be either salaried, self-employed, student, or retired pensioner.
- Primary applicant should have a stable income (gross) of upto Rs.3 lakh per year.
The State Bank of India provides credit cards to both, salaried employees as well as students. To enjoy the benefits offered by SBI Credit Cards, one can apply if they meet the bank’s eligibility criteria.
SBI has a varied range of cards that are provided keeping in mind the need of an individual with a steady source of income as well as for students applying for higher studies/education loans. The eligibility criteria for a salaried employee and that of a student with no fixed mode of income are mentioned below.
Maha March Mela Offer by Bankbazaar
- Avail a gift voucher worth upto Rs.2000 from Amazon on applying for a credit card
- Voucher will be provided upon approval of the credit card application
- Offer will be valid from March 1, 2019 to March 31, 2019
Eligibility Criteria For Salaried Employees
The salaried employees can apply for an SBI credit when
- The applicant requesting for an SBI credit card is a resident of India
- The applicant is not below the minimum age limit of 18 years and not above the maximum age limit of 65
- The CIBIL score of the individual is above 750
- The applicant has a regular source of income
- The minimum annual income is Rs.2 lakh
- The applicant can furnish at least past three months’ salary slip, bank statement showing salary deposit for three consecutive months along with valid identity, address, and age proof
Eligibility Criteria for Students
The State Bank of India also offers a varied range of credit cards with great benefits even for students. A student can avail an SBI student credit card when
- The applicant is a resident Indian
- The age of the applicant is above 18 years
- The individual can furnish PAN card, age proof, proof of college enrolment, and other KYC compliant documents.
- The applicant has a fixed deposit account of Rs.25,000 or more based on which the banks will set their credit limits.
SBI Credit Card Eligibility Factors
SBI requires you to meet a list of criteria for you to be able to apply for the card. These requirements usually vary for the type of card you are applying for. For instance, to apply for the Platinum Cards, you will need to be from a higher income bracket. However, the basic criteria to meet are same for all the cards.
To begin with, you will need to be a salaried or self-employed individual with ages ranges from 21 to 60 and should have a steady flow of income.
Also Know More About SBI Credit Cards
SBI has an extensive portfolio of credit cards on offer, which cater to a varied group of individuals. From minimum income people to business executives and students, SBI has a card specifically designed for each of them. Below is a list of categories under which SBI offers its credit cards:
- Lifestyle Cards
- Reward Cards
- Shopping Cards
- Banking Partnership Cards
- Travel Cards
- Miscellaneous Cards
The bank currently offers a total of 72 credit cards that help a varied demographic meet their regular expenses. All these cards come with a set of benefits independent to each of them. For instance, the Lifestyle Cards offer rewards points up to Rs.12,500 per year and provides free movie tickets every year. On the other hand, the reward cards offer rewards and cashback for every transaction you make in any number of partner stores.
How To Apply For An Sbi Credit Card?
Applying for an SBI Credit Card is quite simple and the whole process can be initiated by logging on to the SBI Card website. Once there, you can choose from all the different cards they have on offer and pick the one you want to own.
When you click on the ‘Apply’ button, you will be led to an application form, wherein you have to fill all the information - including your name, occupation, annual income, PAN number, and mobile number. After you fill the form, you will receive an OTP on your mobile number, which you have to type in order to ratify the transaction. The next step involves you receiving a call from a representative who will require you to provide the necessary documentation.
Track Your Sbi Credit Card Application
SBI offers you the option to track your credit card status - whether it is approved or declined. You will have to type in your application number to check the status of your application.
Why You Should Own An Sbi Credit Card?
There are plenty of reasons why you should own a SBI Credit Card. Here are a few of them:
- Loads of benefits: SBI Cards offer plenty of benefits for its customers. For example, the company’s Elite Card offers a Rs.5,000 voucher as a welcome gift and provides several other benefits like movie tickets worth Rs.6,000, and also offers up to 50,000 reward points, which translate to Rs.12,500.
- A card for every user: SBI offers a card for every user to suit their exact needs. For instance, frequent flyers can opt for the SBI Signature and SBI Platinum Card, which among other things offer up to 1,00,000 bonus points and also offers 20 reward points for every Rs.100 spent on Air India tickets.
- Easy access: Although there are plenty of credit card companies in the country, there’s none that is more popular than SBI, which can give you access anywhere in the country and the world, depending on the card you own. This is yet another reason why you should own a SBI Card.
Bottom-line, any individual with a steady income can opt for a SBI Card, which are known to offer unlimited access to the cardholder and helps make maintaining their lifestyles a lot easier.
Check Other Banks Credit Card Eligibility
- SBI Credit Card Eligibility
- HDFC Credit Card Eligibility
- Citibank Credit Card Eligibility
- ICICI Credit Card Eligibility
- Axis Bank Credit Card Eligibility
- Bank of Baroda Credit Card Eligibility
- Canara Bank Credit Card Eligibility
- Corporation Bank Credit Card Eligibility
- Kotak Mahindra Credit Card Eligibility
- Union Bank Credit Card Eligibility