To ensure you never miss your due date, HSBC provides various payment modes. You can use any of the 11 offline or online payment channels to clear your outstanding balances. Listed below are the methods you can consider.
HSBC Credit Card Bill Payment Online
- Internet banking
- HSBC mobile banking
- National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)
- VISA money transfer
- Standing instructions
- Electronic Clearing System (ECS)
HSBC Credit Card Bill Payment Offline
- Over the Counter
Ways To Pay Your Card Bill Online
One of the easiest ways of managing your credit card bills is by using online payment channels. You can clear your dues whenever and wherever you want.Internet Banking
You will have to log in to your HSBC personal internet banking account and follow the instructions to pay your bill. Before you proceed to make payments, you will have to register for the service. You can use any of the following combinations for self-registration:
- ATM card number and PIN.
- Activated debit card number and PIN.
- Credit card number and card ATM PIN.
- 10-digit personal banking number and 6-digit PhoneBanking PIN.
To use this payment channel, you will have to download the app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
You can also download the app by sending an SMS. If you're an Android user, send 'AMB' to 575750 and iOS users can send 'IMB' to 575750.National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)
For NEFT payments, you will have to enter your 16-digit HSBC card number. You will also have to mention the IFSC code, which is 'HSBC0400002'.BillDesk
If you want to clear your dues from another bank account, you can opt for the BillDesk payment mode:
- Visit http://billdesk.com/hsbccard/.
- Add your 16-digit HSBC credit card number.
- Add the transaction amount.
- Choose the bank account you'd like the amount to be debited from.
- You'll be redirected to your bank's payment interface.
- Add your netbanking user ID and password for authentication.
- The amount will get debited from your account instantly.
You will also receive confirmation with a transaction reference number.VISA money transfer
If you have an HSBC VISA credit card, you can use this channel to make your payments. You can transfer the funds from any bank account to your credit card. For more information, get in touch with your bank.Standing instructions
Ensure you never miss a payment by opting for standing instructions. The amount will get debited from your HSBC savings or current account automatically.Electronic Clearing System (ECS)
This payment mode can be used if you don't have an account with HSBC. The amount will get auto-debited from your other bank account.
Ways To Pay Your Card Bill Offline
HSBC also provides several offline payment channels to ensure you make your payments on time.Cheque/draft
You can address the cheque to your credit card account and mail it to your nearest HSBC branch.PhoneBanking
To clear your card dues over the phone, you will have to make a PIN verified call to HSBC.ATMs
There are two ways you can make a card payment through an HSBC ATM:
- Deposit cash or a cheque.
- Use the ATM funds transfer option.
The last payment mode offered by HSBC is Over the Counter, where you can deposit a cheque or cash at any HSBC branch.
FAQs on HSBC Credit Card Bill Payment
- I have deposited a cheque to clear my card dues. How long will it take for the payment to get processed?
- Is there a way of setting up direct debit for my credit card payments?
- Can I use internet and mobile banking payment modes if I do not have an HSBC account?
- Will I be charged for over the counter cash payments?
- I have an HSBC Mastercard credit card. Can I use the VISA money transfer service for payments?
- Is it possible to visit any of the HSBC branches to request for the ECS service?
- I have lost my credit card. What should I do?
The payment you have made via cheque will take three working days to reflect in your credit card account.
Yes. You will have to visit your closest HSBC branch and request for a direct pay instruction from your HSBC account.
No. These services are only available for HSBC bank account holders.
Yes. You will be charged Rs.100 for any card payments made in cash at HSBC branches or drop boxes.
No. This service is exclusively for HSBC VISA credit cardholders.
No. There are only certain branches at select cities that take these requests. Get in touch with the contact centre for more information.
Please follow the steps below if you have lost your card:
- Get in touch with HSBC via PhoneBanking or the Visa Global Emergency Assistance Helplines to report the loss of your card.
- Ask for a card replacement by contacting any HSBC branch, through PhoneBanking, or via internet banking.
- Report the loss to the police by filing a report for your stolen or lost HSBC card.
- Write to The Manager, Credit Cards, Post Box Number 5080, Chennai - 600 028 confirming the loss.
Call the HSBC PhoneBanking number to re-generate your PIN. You will require your ATM PIN in order to create a new PIN. Listen to the IVR closely for instructions to generate your new PhoneBanking PIN. You can also contact any of the service advisors and ask them for assistance with PIN regeneration.