Axis Bank Credit Card Eligibility
Axis Bank is one of the largest private sector banks in India. The credit cards offered by the bank are known for excellent features and benefits. Axis Bank credit cards offer unmatched privileges like an excellent reward program, attractive cashback on certain transactions, complimentary movie tickets, and fuel surcharge waiver. If you are planning on applying for an Axis Bank credit card, you will be required to meet the requirements set by the bank. The eligibility criteria differ from card to card.
General eligibility criteria to apply for an Axis Bank Credit Card
||For all Axis Bank credit cards
|Minimum age of the applicant
|Maximum age of the applicant
||Self-employed or salaried individuals
||A Resident of India or Non-Resident Indian
*The eligibility criteria for Axis Bank credit cards are indicative and the bank reserves the right to approve or decline credit card applications.
Factors that affect your Axis Bank credit card eligibility
There are many factors that affect your Axis Bank credit card eligibility criteria. Some of the factors are as follows:
- Age: When you apply for a credit card, lenders consider your age. You will be required to meet the age criteria set by the bank. If you barely meet the minimum age criteria set by the bank, chances are that you do not have sufficient credit history. In that case, you might want to build your credit history before applying for a credit card.
- Total income: Your income plays a crucial role when you apply for a credit card. Do not forget to include all your monthly earnings when you apply for a credit card. The chances of your credit card application being approved are high when you have a high monthly income.
- Debt-to-Income Ratio (DTI): Before applying for a credit card, it is recommended to calculate your Debt-to-Income Ratio. A DTI is calculated by dividing your total gross monthly debt by your monthly income.
- Credit score: The credit reporting agencies in India, namely TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian calculates your credit score from time to time. A credit score can range from 300 to 800. A high credit score increases your creditworthiness. A poor credit score has the potential to get your credit card application rejected.
- Lack of credit history: If you are a student or just started working, you might not have a credit history. In this case, lenders will not be able to assess your repayment capacity or your creditworthiness and your application may be rejected.
Some of the other factors that could affect your credit card application are:
- Multiple credit inquiries
- A high outstanding amount on your existing credit cards
- Number of credit cards you own
- Recent delinquency on your credit report
- “Charge-off” or “Settled” remark on your credit report
- Job stability
How to improve your Axis Bank credit card eligibility
If your credit card application is rejected, you can apply again after improving your eligibility. Some of the ways you can improve your credit card eligibility are:
- Increase your credit score.
- Pay all your bills on time.
- Avoid making multiple hard enquiries for credit cards.
- Maintain a good Debt-to-Income Ratio.
- If you have an existing credit card, maintain a good credit utilisation ratio and pay your bills on time.
- Avoid cheque bonuses, late fees, and penalties on all your active lines of credit.
- Consider increasing your income and reducing your total debt to get better credit card deals.
Top Axis Bank credit cards
Some of the most popular credit cards offered by Axis Bank are:
- Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card
- My Zone Credit Card
- Neo Credit Card
- Axis Bank Vistara Credit Card
- Axis Bank Reserve Credit Card
- Pride Platinum Credit Card
- Insta Easy Credit Card
- Titanium Smart Traveler Credit Card
If you are planning to apply for an Axis Bank credit card, you can talk to one of the bank’s executives by dialing 1-860-419-5555 or 1-860-500-5555. If you are an existing customer, you can apply for an Axis Bank credit card through your netbanking account. Alternatively, you can apply for a credit card online on the Axis Bank official website or you can visit a bank branch in person.
Check Other Banks Credit Card Eligibility