Applying for a credit card is quite simple. Similarly, tracking your credit card application status is also quite simple. Different banks have different ways to check your application status. In general, though, you can track your application status on the bank’s website using your application number or with your mobile number. Some banks even provide you with the option of calling their customer service centre to help you track the status of your application.
The following information is required in order to check credit card status online on the bank’s official site:
- Application Number
- PAN Card number
- Form number
- Date of birth
General Steps to Track your Credit Card Application Online
Other Bank's Credit Card Status
- SBI Credit Card Status
- ICICI Credit Card Status
- IndusInd Credit Card Status
- Citibank Credit Card Status
- Axis Bank Credit Card Status
- RBL Credit Card Status
- Kotak Credit Card Status
- Canara Bank Credit Card Status
- PNB Credit Card Status
- BOB Credit Card Status
- CBI Credit Card Status
- HSBC Credit Card Status
- Yes Bank Credit Card Status
- Visit the bank’s official website
- Find a tab that says ‘Track application’ or something similar
- By clicking on application status, you will be displayed a window prompting to enter details such as application form, PAN number etc.
- Once all details are entered, click on the status or enter tab
- The website will display the status of your credit card application form
- Alternatively, you can call the bank branch or visit the bank to check the status of your credit card application
Track Your Credit Card Application Status Offline
While many people do prefer tracking their credit card application status online, there are ways to do it offline as well.
The easiest way to track your card application status is to call the bank’s customer service centre. If you have registered with the bank’s SMS banking service, you can send them an SMS as well.
Alternatively, you can also visit the branch where you submitted the application.
Before you make that call to customer care or visit the bank, do keep the following handy:
- Your application number or reference number that was provided at the time of application.
- Your mobile number as mentioned in your application.
- PAN card details.
- Your date of birth.
Track your Credit Card Application Online by Banks
Each bank differ slightly in displaying the same information. Some of them are given below:
Citibank Credit Card Application Status
Citibank allows you to track your application through their website. You can check your application status by following the steps given below:
- Visit: https://www.citibank.com.au/global_docs/check_app_status.html
- In the above link, you can either use your Application ID or the 12 digit reference number given to you over email, to check your application status
IndusInd Bank Credit Card Application Status
If you are an IndusInd Bank Credit Card cardholder, you can check the status of your credit card with the following easy steps
- Visit to Check Indusind Credit Card Status.
- Once you go to the link, all you gave to do it enter the application Id and mobile number that you have provided in the application for the credit card
- Once both the fields are entered, the site will display the credit card application status
HSBC Credit Card Application Status
It is a very simple process to track the status of a HSCB Credit Card application status. You can access the details with very easy steps
- Visit official website of HSBC to track Credit Card Application
- Enter application number
- Full Name and Date of Birth
- Once all the information provided, the site will display the credit card application status
SBI Credit Card Application Status
Follow the steps given below to check credit card status from SBI online:
- Visit https://www.sbicard.com and click on the ‘Credit Cards’ tab on the navigation bar
- Click on https://www.sbicard.com/en/eapply.page ‘Track Your Application’.
- Click on ‘Status of your application’ and enter the application number.
- Alternatively, you can also click on ‘Retrieve Application’ tab.
- Enter your PAN card number and date of birth as mentioned on the application form.
- Click on the Retrieve button and get the SBI Card application status.
Axis Bank Credit Card Application Status
To track your credit card application status follow the steps
- Visit the dedicated Axis Bank website, creditcards.axisbank.com Of the three options on the menu bar, select ‘Track Your Application’
- You will then be asked to enter the Application ID as well as mobile number as per the application form.
- Enter ‘Submit’ and you will retrieve the status of your credit card application at Axis Bank
ICICI Bank Credit Card Application Status
Application status for an ICICI Credit Card can be found out in the same as for other banks by using application id and mobile number of the applicant
- Visit to Check: ICICI Credit Card Status
- Provide your Application ID and Mobile Number
- Submit the details to obtain the information
HDFC Credit Card Application Status
Track HDFC Credit Card status just with the simple steps mentioned below
- Visit HDFC’s link: Check HDFC Credit Card Status
- Enter the information as mentioned in the application form and enter ‘submit’
- The website will display the status of your application
RBL Credit Card Application Status
To know the status of your RBL Credit Card application, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the bank’s official website and click on ‘Credit Cards’ tab on the homepage
- On the right of the page, click on ‘To know your Application Status’
- Click on ‘Proceed’, which will take you to another page that says ‘Track your online application status’
- Then fill in the reference number and mobile number and click on ‘Submit’
- The page will display the credit card application status
Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card Application Status
If you have applied for a Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card, you can track your application status by the following steps
- Visit the link: To check SC Bank Credit Card Status
- The link displays two fields, application reference number and mobile number
- Once both are entered, click on the ‘submit’ tab and you can get track the status of your application form with the bank.
How to Check BankBazaar Credit Card Application Status
BankBazaar provides an option to apply for a credit card online. You can choose from a broad range of credit cards offered by various banks. You can use the BankBazaar’s website to compare features of the cards including rewards, joining perks, fees, and various other details. Based on the information provided by you, you can also check for the eligibility for the application of a credit card. From rewards cards to airline miles cards and more, you can find a broad range of credit cards and their offers.
The credit card application services are provided on the website as well as on the BankBazaar app. The BankBazaar app is available for Android and iOS mobile phones. The app also lets you compare and apply for various types of financial products and services. The website and app will assist you in keeping a track of the status of your application.
Once you have submitted your application, you can follow these steps to check the application status:
- Visit - Track Your Credit Card Application Status
- Or open the app and select ‘Track Application’
- Enter your credit card application ID and mobile number
- Click ‘Track Application’
By following these steps, you will be able to view the status of your application instantly. The page will also provide you with important information related to your credit card.
FAQs on Credit Card Application Status
After the bank goes through all the details you have provided, you will receive an email, SMS, or a letter from the bank stating whether or not your application has been approved or rejected. If, however, you don’t hear from the bank, you can always use any of the methods mentioned above to track the status of your card.
No, you don’t need to have a bank account with the bank before you apply for a credit card issued by them.
As long as you have saved the information you previously filled, you can retrieve the form and fill it any time. If, however, the form hasn’t been saved, you will have to start filling out the application from the beginning.
Once your application has been approved by the bank, they will send you a letter, SMS, or an email with information regarding the shipment of your card. This information will carry a number known as the Air Way Bill number.
You can use this number to track the status of your credit card. This number will tell you where exactly your credit card shipment is and how long it will take to reach you.
The exact steps to activate your credit card will vary from one bank to the other. In general, however, you can activate your new credit card by going to the bank’s ATM and following the instructions. You can also call the bank’s toll-free number or use their internet banking service to activate your credit card.