Lifestyle Credit Cards India
Lifestyle Credit Cards
Lifestyle credit cards are one of the most popularly procured credit cards in India. As the name suggests, the cards work to enhance the cardholder’s lifestyle choices with respect to food, dining, shopping, and so on. Lifestyle credit cards offer a number of perks that match the lifestyle requirements of the consumers. There are a plethora of lifestyle credit cards offered by a number of banks and financial institutions throughout the country. These cards are designed to cater to the various whims and fancies of different customers.
Benefits Of Lifestyle Credit Cards
If you’re looking for a credit card that provides whole lot of benefits covering major areas of your life, then you should ideally go for a lifestyle credit card. With changing lifestyles and preferences, credit card issuers are adding more and more privileges to offer credit cards with comprehensive lifestyle benefits.
A detailed look at the kind of benefits offered by lifestyle credit cards would help you understand the cards better.
Travel savings: With travel becoming an essential part of modern day life, a lifestyle credit card would certainly include a benefit related to travel. It could be in the form of offering complimentary air miles, discounts on air tickets booking, hotel booking, membership to frequent flyer programmes, etc. You will also be allowed to redeem reward points for plane tickets, hotel bookings, etc.
Dining privileges: Dining out has become an integral part of our lifestyle. People will be eagerly waiting for the weekends to explore new dining destinations every week. To provide exclusive benefit to all such foodies, lifestyle credit cards would certainly offer privileges on dining spends including discounts at partner restaurants across India, cashback at certain restaurants, complimentary dishes, chance to become a chef and lot more.
Airport lounge access: As part of the travel benefit, lifestyle credit cards also offer complimentary access to airport lounges at both domestic and international airports located across India. Cardholders can also get complimentary membership to various priority pass programmes that in turn provide exclusive lounge visits, benefits to add-on cardholders.
Health and wellness benefits: As health and wellness play a key role in our day-to-day life, a few lifestyle credit cards do provide related benefits by partnering with healthcare and wellness professionals.
Concierge services: Vacation in a foreign land is not as easy as it is in our own country. Unless, everything is booked and planned, we cannot make memories out of the trip. With lifestyle credit cards offering exclusive concierge services, all your booking needs will be taken care, while you enjoy your vacation. Some of the services included in concierge service are dining referral and reservation, gift delivery assistance, car rental referral and assistance, hotel referral and booking assistance, and other business services.
Savings on fuel spends: One compulsory expense most of us have on a weekly basis is fuel purchase. Due to the fuel surcharge levied on card transactions, many of us tend to make payments in cash. With lifestyle credit cards, we can avoid paying the surcharge, as it is being waived by most of the credit cards when used to make fuel transactions.
Movie ticket offers: After travel, entertainment plays an important part to make us feel refreshed. To cover this aspect, lifestyle credit cards offer various discounts on movie tickets and other entertainment programmes. It could be a buy one, get one movie ticket or a special discount on ticket price, cardholders can plan their weekend movie at much lesser price.
Insurance cover: One interesting aspect of lifestyle credit cards is the comprehensive insurance protection. Most cards offer coverage for air accidental death, emergency hospitalisation abroad, loss of card, loss of travel documents, loss of check-in baggage, etc.
Lifestyle Credit Cards available at BankBazaar
HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card
A credit card with one of the best Reward programs, HDFC Bank Diners Club Black credit card offers a number of benefits regarding dining, travel and golf. This lifestyle credit card comes with a plethora of benefits and features.
Features of the HDFC Bank Diners Club Black credit card
- Customers can apply for an insurance protection through thesen HDFC Bank Diners Club credit card to avail air accident coverage that is worth Rs.2 crore, emergency medical expense coverage that is worth upto Rs.50 lakhs, credit liability coverage that is worth Rs.9 lakhs and travel insurance coverage that is worth up to Rs.55,000 in case of delay of baggage.
- Customers can play an unlimited game of golf in around 20 golf courses across the country and over 40 courses throughout the world. Customers can also procure unlimited access to lessons for no additional cost at certain Driving ranges.
- Customers can utilise the Reward points that they would have gained to book air tickets or hotels on the Diners Club website. Each Reward point is worth Re.1. These points can also be redeemed for AirMiles wherein 1 Reward Point equals 0.7 air mile. Points can also be redeemed for against products in the Rewards Catalogue.
Customers of this HDFC credit card can gain access to airport lounges across the world through the Exclusive Lounge Program.
- Cardholders can avail revolving credit facility on this credit card at a very economical rate of interest.
- HDFC Bank provides one of the lowest mark up on foreign currency transactions that are made using the Diners Club Black credit card.
- Cardholders can procure a waiver on fuel surcharge if they spend an amount between rs.400 to Rs.1,00,000 on their fuel using their Diners Club Black credit card.
HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card
One of HDFC’s unique credit card offerings, the HDFC Regalia First credit card offers a plethora of exciting benefits and privileges.
Features of the HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card
- Cardholders can procure access to over 850 airport lounges across the world at no additional cost. At these lounges, customers can avail facilities such as phone, internet, fax and even conference rooms. In case the customer is a principal cardholder, they can avail four accesses every year to the priority pass airport lounge at no additional cost.
- Cardholders can also use their Regalia First credit card and allow their guests to enjoy special facilities at airport lounges at a nominal fee of $27. Customers should note that the usage charges for lounges may vary from one lounge to another.
- Every time a cardholder spends Rs.150 on their card, they can earn 4 Reward Points. Every time they book using the HDFC Regalia website, they can earn twice the Reward points. Customers can also earn twice the Rewards Points when they spend on restaurants that are stand-alone, on dining.
- Reward points can be earned for all travel and entertainment booking if done through the HDFC Regalia website. These Reward points can be redeemed for a host of exciting gifts and offers available in the Rewards Catalogue by HDFC.
- Reward points earned by customers can also be exchanged for AirMiles which can be be used for both international as well as domestic flights.
- Cardholders can procure comprehensive insurance coverage against a number of risks. In case of an air accident, the nominated member of the cardholder will receive a sum of Rs.50 lakh. In case there is a medical emergency situation when the cardholder is abroad, Rs.10 lakh can be availed as emergency insurance cover. Customers should note that the claim documents will have to be sent to the HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company that is situated in Noida.
JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card
Combining the best of both Jet Airways and Diners Club along with the best of offers from HDFC, the JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card allows customers to enjoy numerous benefits on dining out and flight bookings with Jet Airways. Made for those who have a taste for the luxurious, this card is perfect for frequent travellers.
Features of JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card
- Cardholders, upon procuring this card will receive a welcome gift wherein they receive 15 JetPrivilege Tier Points on the first swipe of their card within the first 3 months of getting the card. Customers will have to be a member of the JetPrivilege Frequent Flier Club or will have to enroll in this programme during the time of receiving their credit card.
- Membership Tier can be upgraded or maintained through the JetPrivilege Tier Points that is earned through credit card spends on flight bookings.
- Customers can earn up to 30,000 Bonus JPMiles which can be converted to flight bookings as well. Customers receive 15,000 JPMiles on the first swipe of their card within 90 days of receiving it. Another 15,000 JPMiles on a retail expense of Rs.1.5 lakh or over within the first 3 months.
- Cardholders receive a discount voucher that is worth Rs.750 and a waiver of the base fare when they book their return ticket through the Jet Airways website. Once the membership fee has been paid, welcome benefits can be availed.
- When cardholders renew their credit card, they can earn 10,000 JPMiles and 5 JetPrivilege Tier Points when they swipe their card within 90 days of renewal. Cardholders will also receive a discount voucher that is worth Rs.750 and a waiver of the base fare when they book their return ticket through the Jet Airways website.
- For every Rs.150 spent on retail purchases, customers can earn 8 JPMiles and on every Rs.150 spent on flight bookings made through Jet Airways website, customers stand to earn 24 JPMiles. A green fee waiver on unlimited golf games can be availed at a number of golf courses around the world and in India.
- Customers can avail a 24/7 Concierge Service through their JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card who can take care of various services such as golf course reservation and referral, dining reservation and referral, gift and flower delivery, limousine referral and car rentals, hotel reservation and rental along with courier and business services.
- Primary cardholders can avail access to more than 600 airport lounges around the globe including India.
- JetPrivilege Tier Points can be availed every time customers use their credit card on purchases other than fuel. Once these purchases cross Rs.1.5 lakh, they will receive 1 JetPrivilege Tier Point.
- Customers receive a concession of 5% on all domestic air tickets when the purchase is made through the Jet Airways website once they enter the promo code ‘JTHDFC’ when they check out.
- Customers can procure a discount of up to 15% on food and beverage bills at numerous fine dining restaurant across the country.
- Through HDFC Classic Banking, customers can avail a dedicated personal banker, benefits for family, relationship pricing, exclusivity with classic branding debit card and cheque books among others.
- In case cardholders have a savings account with a minimum quarterly average balance of Rs.1 lakh, the following benefits can be availed -
- EXTRA JPMiles programme wherein additional JPMiles can be earned when credit card is used at outlets of one of Jet Airways’ partners.
- Fuel surcharge waiver.
- No liability if cardholders lose or misplace their credit card as long as the loss is reported immediately to the 24 hour customer care centre.
- Customers can avail revolving credit on their JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club credit card at a rate of interest of 1.99% per month.
- Interest free credit can also be procured.
Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card
This premium credit card by Axis Bank provides customers with a number of travel related benefits along with loyalty privileges that have been accorded to cardholders. Air miles, lounge access at airports and other exclusive offers on fuel and entertainment can also be availed in Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card.
Features of Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card
- Travel vouchers worth Rs.5000 can be availed as a Welcome gift when customers enroll as privilege cardholder. These vouchers can be redeemed on Yatra.com wherein flight tickets can be booked for both domestic as well as international trips along with bs tickets. Holidays and hotels can also be booked.
- In order to procure this gift, customers will have to swipe the privilege card thrice within a period of 2 months from receiving it. Vouchers will be added to the cardholder’s account as 2 vouchers, both worth Rs.2,500. These vouchers will be valid for a period of 4 months from the day they receive it.
- Every time cardholders spend Rs.2.5 lakh on their credit card, they can receive Yatra travel vouchers worth Rs.5,000. These vouchers can be redeemed against the eDGE Reward points that has been earned through credit card spends.
- The Axis Bank Privilege Credit card allows customers to gain access to airport lounges across the country, two times every 3 months, at no additional cost.
- Cardholders are automatically enrolled into the eDGE loyalty rewards programme by Axis Bank. Each time they spend Rs.200 using their credit card, they receive 10 points. Expenses can be both domestic as well as international.
- When customers use their Axis Bank Privilege credit card at dining establishments throughout the country that have partnered up with Axis Bank, they can receive a discount of up to 15%.
- Cardholders can use their credit card to purchase movie tickets through FastTicket.in or the application and receive one ticket for free, that is worth a maximum of Rs.200. This offer can be availed once a month to every cardholder. Reward Points cannot be procured on these purchases.
- Customers can avail a waiver on fuel surcharge when they purchase fuel between Rs.400 to Rs.4000. The maximum refund that can availed is Rs.400 per month.
- Customers can avail free insurance cover through their Axis Bank Privilege credit card.
Kotak Bank PVR Platinum Credit Card
The PVR Platinum credit card by Kotak Mahindra Bank is meant for all movie buffs and those who live for the extravaganza that movies provide. When customers pay for their purchases through their Kotak PVR Platinum credit card, they can avail upto 2 PVR movie tickets every month, for free. When they spend over Rs.7,500 per month, they will receive Coupon Codes that can redeemed for free PVR movie tickets that can used for any show, across every cinema.
Features of Kotak Bank PVR Platinum Credit Card
- Cardholders can avail 2 PVR movie tickets at no additional cost every month if they spend Rs.7,500 or over, during a monthly billing cycle.
- Customers can shop in outlets across the country using their PVR Kotak Credit Card and procure complimentary movie tickets from PVR. This offer is available throughout the year.
- The Kotak Bank add-on card will have every feature of the principal card and the principal cardholder can set the limit on his/her credit add-on card.
- Customers can enjoy the PVR Shield free insurance cover which will protect cardholders in case of loss or theft of their card or if unauthorized transactions are made. The amount that is insured is Rs.75,000 per year on both primary as well as supplementary cards.
How To Apply For Lifestyle Credit Cards Online?
Applying for a lifestyle credit card is simple and easy with the online application process. Once you have selected the credit card that matches your lifestyle requirements, you can visit the bank’s website, go to the lifestyle credit card page and find the ‘Apply’ option to submit an online application.
Once the bank receives the application, it reviews the same and if your profile matches the eligibility, you will receive a call in 3-4 working days. The further application process will be informed to you. Banks typically take 7-10 days to process a credit card, provided the applicant clears all the verification checks.
Eligibility For Lifestyle Credit Cards
The eligibility for lifestyle credit cards is different for different cards. Hence, it is recommended to check the bank’s website to know the eligibility criteria specific to the bank and the credit card.
Documents Required To Apply For A Lifestyle Credit Card
Some basic documents required to apply for a lifestyle credit card are provided below. However, banks may request for some other documents based on the card type.
- Copy of identity proof such as Aadhaar card, passport, Voter’s ID etc.
- Copy of address proof document such as Voter’s ID, Aadhaar, driving licence, electricity bill, passport, etc., whichever holds your current address
- PAN card copy
- Two months salary slips or IT Returns
- Duly signed in application
- 1 passport size photograph
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.