PAN stands for Permanent Account Number. It is a 10-character alphanumeric number uniquely allotted to the PAN Cardholder. It helps in identifying the PAN Cardholder or income tax payer. PAN Cards are required in case of receiving a taxable salary, or taxable professional fees, opening a bank account, purchase or sale of assets above the specified limit and so on. PAN cards serve as a Government issued identification that comes in handy everywhere you go.
Find out PAN Card details by PAN Number
Your PAN Card details are easily available through multiple avenues. To find out your PAN details using your PAN number, you can use Search PA. This service is provided to help cardholders to find out their PAN Card related details. It also helps people verify their PAN Card details. Search PAN is very easy to use. People can also search and verify bulk PAN card numbers.
- To search for your PAN Card details, follow these simple steps:
- Log onto the Search PAN website
- Enter your PAN Card number
- Enter the Captcha code that appears
- Click on search now.
- Your details will be generated. You will receive the name, area code, jurisdiction, address and other information.
PAN Card details by Name and Date of Birth
You can find out your PAN card number and jurisdiction on the Income Tax Department e-Filing website.
To know your PAN details, follow these steps:
- On the e-Filing website, click on “Know Your PAN”.
- Enter your Date of Birth or Date of incorporation in DD/MM/YYYY format
- Enter your surname first, then enter your middle name and first name.
- Enter the Captcha Code as shown on the screen.
- Click on submit.
You will receive the following details:
- PAN Card number
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Remarks stating with the card is active, inactive or in any other status.
How to search for the Address in your PAN Card
You can find out more details about your PAN card including your address by registering your PAN number on the Income Tax Department e-Filing website. To do this, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Go to the Income Tax Department e-Filing website.
- Click on “Register Yourself”.
- Select the user type and click on “Continue”.
- You will need to enter your basic details.
- Fill up the Registration Form and submit it.
- A link will be sent to your email address. Click on this link to activate your account.
- Once you are in your account, click on “My Account”.
- Go to Profile Settings and click on PAN Details.
- Your address and other details will be displayed.
News About PAN Card Details
Suspected illegal immigrant manages to procure PAN card while in Mumbai police custody
A suspected illegal 19 year old immigrant from Bangladesh left the Mumbai police astonished after she managed to avail a PAN card while in police custody in Mira Road, Mumbai. A preliminary investigation revealed that, she had utilised a fake birth certificate that was supposedly issued by the MBMC or Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation to procure a PAN number.
The accused has been identified as Sharmin Shaikh and was working as a bar girl on the outskirts of Mumbai. She came on the police radar after a tip-off. The inspectors were surprised that the forged documents were made on the outskirts of Mumbai as opposed to hamlets in West Bengal, which is known for this.
8th November 2016