Verifying PAN online
Online PAN verification is a facility provided to certain entities for the verification of PAN. One can verify the PAN details on the behalf of someone else considering they have all the required details. The Income Tax Department has authorized NSDL e Governance Infrastructure Limited to launch an online PAN verification service to help authorized entities with verification of PAN details. There are three modes through which one can verify their PAN. Listed below are the three modes.
|Verifying PAN online||Types of PAN Verification||How to verify UTI PAN||PAN verification by name|
|Who is eligible for the verification||Fees for online PAN verification||PAN verification by PAN number||FAQs on PAN Verification|
Types of PAN Verification Online
Screen based PAN Card Verification
- The users have to login first in order to use this service
- Once they login, the users can furnish up to a maximum of five PANs in the provided screen and submit it
- The details of the PANs provided will be given out as results
File based PAN Card Verification
- The users have to login first
- Then upload a file containing up to a maximum of 1000 PANs in the same file structure specified by NSDL e-government
- Once the file is uploaded, the applicant can click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- The site will provide details of all the PANs provided within 24 hours of the submission.
- The system will send a message of rejection if the format of the file uploaded is incorrect.
Software (API) based PAN Card Number verification
This online facility will allow the user to make a verification of PAN by accessing a verification site through a software application.
Who is Eligible for the Verification
Given below is a list of all the individuals and groups who are eligible for PAN verification.
The following entities can avail online PAN verification facility
- Insurance Web Aggregators
- Insurance Company
- Non-Banking Financial Companies approved by RBI
- Companies and Government deductor (Required to file TDS/TCS return)
- Insurance Repository
- Credit card Companies / Institutions
- Central Recordkeeping Agency of National Pension System
- Depository Participants
- Credit information companies approved by RBI
- DSC issuing Authorities
- Educational Institutions established by Regulatory Bodies
- KYC Registration Agency (KRA)/Central KYC Registry
- Any other entity required to furnish Annual Information Return
- Companies (Required to furnish Annual Information Return)
- Mutual Funds
- Government Agencies (Central/State)
- Stock Exchanges/Commodity Exchanges/Clearing Corporations
- Income Tax Projects
- Department of Commercial Taxes
- Goods and Services Tax Network
- Reserve Bank of India
Online PAN Registration
The applicant who to register PAN Card online with NSDL e-Gov can do so by furnishing a few documents. The applicant should provide a signed copy of the terms and conditions on the letterhead of the entity along with an authorization letter along with a demand draft for the charges.
Details required to register for the Online PAN verification
Organisational details required to register for the Online PAN No. Verification
- Name of the entity
- TAN/PAN of the entity
- Category of the entity
- Other personal details
- Contact details
Payment details required to register for the Online PAN Card Verification
- Payment amount
- Mode of payment
- Instrument number
Digital Signature Certificate details required to register for PAN Verification
- Name of the certifying authority
- Class of the Digital Signature Certificate
- Digital Signature Certificate Serial Number
PAN verification by PAN number
Follow the steps mentioned below to check PAN verification using PAN number:
- Log on NSDL PAN card financial service website.
- For replacement or reprint/duplicate of PAN card, enter your existing PAN card number.
- Enter the captcha.
- Click on submit.
- The website will display the PAN verification status.
You will have to check the verification status within 5 days of receiving the acknowledgement.
What is UTI PAN & How to verify UTI PAN ?
One of the largest financial service providers in the country, UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited (UTIITSL) is owned by the government and provides outsourcing and technology services to the Government’s financial sectors. UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited (UTIITSL) was established in 1993. UTIITSL PAN Cards are those issued by UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited (UTIITSL).
UTI PAN verification should be made 5 days from the date of acknowledgement. To make a UTI PAN verification, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Log on to the UTI PAN website.
- Select the type of application - whether it is a reprint or new application.
- For a reprint, enter your PAN number. For a new application, enter the coupon number of your application.
- Click on submit.
- Enter the captcha.
- The page will display your PAN verification status.
PAN verification by name and date of birth
Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a specific code that is issued by the Income Tax Department of India. It is very useful for anybody who pays taxes in India.
Verification of PAN is very important for particular organisations and entities that are authorised to do so. If the entity has relevant information, it can complete the verification process successfully. The Income Tax Department had permitted NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited to introduce an online PAN verification system that will enable certain organisations to verify PAN information.
When one does not know the PAN, he or she can verify or look for it by using PAN cardholder name and date of birth (DOB). Once these details are entered, anyone can find the PAN.
How to verify or find PAN with name and date of birth?
When you want to verify or find a certain PAN only with the PAN holder’s name and date of birth, you will need to follow certain important steps. You can follow this step-by-step guide:
- You will first have to sign up for the online service developed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited.
- After you sign up, you need to sign in with the accurate login credentials. One can get access to one’s PAN and PAN details simply by keying in the name and date of birth. One may also be asked to key in the father’s first name and last name in case there are several records of a PAN holder’s name.
- You will be required to provide the date of birth mandatorily for maintaining privacy and security efficiently. When the date of birth is not asked, hackers may misuse the PAN holder’s name to get complete PAN details. This is why, furnishing the date of birth is very important while finding or verifying PAN.
Authorised entities to perform PAN verification
In India, only certain entities or organisations are officially permitted to perform PAN verification as PAN details are typically confidential and highly sensitive. These are some of the entities:
- Non-banking financial corporations that are sanctioned by the RBI
- Mutual fund companies
- Insurance companies
- Credit card companies
- Insurance repositories
- Income tax projects
- Stock Exchange or Clearing Corporations or Commodity Exchanges
- Reserve Bank of India
- Corporations that need to provide Annual Information Return
- Goods and Service Tax Network
- Department of Commercial Taxes
- Corporations and Government deductor that need to file TDS or TCS return
- Central and state government agencies
Fees for online PAN verification methods
The minimum annual registration for all the above-mentioned verification methods is Rs.60. The facility charge for all the methods is Rs.12,000 and Rs.1,680. The service tax at 14% is Rs.13,740.
Requirements that need to be met for online PAN verification
- The entity will need to have Digital Signature Certificate issued by an authorised Certifying Authority.
- The entity will need updated system configuration in relation to the client machines. The entity will have to follow Client Operating system: Internet Explorer browser version supported: 7, 8, 9 and 10; Windows XP Professional service Pack 3, Windows 7; JRE version: Oracle JAVA (32-bit) 1.6 Update 29 or above; and the latest SafeNet eToken drivers.
- Can an entity renew its PAN verification facility?
Yes, an entity can renew its PAN verification system online by logging into the official website with user ID and the digital signature. The entity will then have to choose ‘Renewal of facility’ option and then click ‘Submit’.
- Will I need to enter the full name for PAN verification?
Yes, you will need to enter the first name, middle name, and last name for the PAN verification process.
- Can I know my PAN by logging into the e-filing website of Government of India?
Yes, you can visit the official website of Department of Income Tax (Government of India) and go to the ‘Know Your PAN’ section. Here, you will have to enter your status (if you are an individual, Hindu Undivided Family, Company, Government, Association of Persons, etc.) surname, middle name, first name, gender, date of birth, and mobile number. After you click ‘Submit’, you will get the details.
- Will there be any Swachh Bharat Cess (SBC) for PAN verification?
Yes, there will be Swachh Bharat Cess (SBC) at 0.5%. You will have to pay Rs.60 for all the types of verification methods.
- Will I need to pay any initial advance for PAN verification?
You will need to pay an initial advance as per your wish for software (API) based and file and screen based methods.
Tracking the Status of Registration
An organisation who has attempted to register for Online PAN verification can check its registration status by using the acknowledgement number provided. If the registration is successful a message bearing the same will be displayed on the screen along with the User ID. A message indicating the rejection will be displayed if it was rejected.
Authorisation of Registration
The Income Tax Department has to approve the registration of an entity for Online PAN verification. Once the applicant registers for the facility, NSDL e-gov forwards the registration request to the Income Tax Department given that the applicant has filled the forms completely, provided the right documents and makes a successful payment. The applicant will be provided with an 8 digit User Id on successful authorisation. The registration charges will be refunded to the applicant in case the Income Tax Department rejects the request for registration.
Perfect Credit Card Deals for you
News About Verification of PAN
New police app to link PAN details
Hyderabad Police is set to go technology friendly, with a new app designed exclusively for them. Named HYDCOP, this app will be integrated for use within the force, offering real-time intelligence updates and feeds to cops. Apart from updates, it will also link data from PAN cards, Aadhar, voter ID into the system to enable faster verification, saving time and resources on manual verification. The app will also have additional features like incident management, third eye (for suspect identification) and geographically tagged point books.
19th April 2016
PFRDA to Use PANs for Online Subscriber Verification
Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has started using Permanent Account Number (PAN) instead of Aadhaar to verify details of customers who register online for the National Pension Scheme (NPS).
PFRDA Chairman Hemant Contractor said an online facility to help open NPS accounts based on verification of PAN and bank KYC, has started functioning.
An individual with an internet banking account with any of the 6 participating banks can open their NPS account online. These banks are: State Bank of Travancore, State Bank of Patiala, Oriental Bank of Commerce, United Bank of India, South Indian Bank and Syndicate Bank.
The Supreme Court in October 2015 said implementing agencies could use Aadhaar numbers for verification if they wanted to.
15th April 2016