Verifying PAN online
Online PAN verification is a facility provided to certain entities for the verification of PAN. One can verify the PAN details on the behalf of someone else considering they have all the required details. The Income Tax Department has authorized NSDL e Governance Infrastructure Limited to launch an online PAN verification service to help authorized entities with verification of PAN details. There are three modes through which one can verify their PAN. Listed below are the three modes.
Types of PAN Verification Online
Screen based PAN Card Verification
- The users have to login first in order to use this service
- Once they login, the users can furnish up to a maximum of five PANs in the provided screen and submit it
- The details of the PANs provided will be given out as results
File based PAN Card Verification
- The users have to login first
- Then upload a file containing up to a maximum of 1000 PANs in the same file structure specified by NSDL e-government
- Once the file is uploaded and submitted
- The site will provide details of all the PANs provided within 24 hours of the submission
- The system will convey a message of rejection if the format of the file uploaded is incorrect.
Software (API) based PAN Card Number verification
This online facility will allow the user to make a verification of PAN by accessing a verification site through a software application.
Who is eligible for the verification?
Given below is a list of all the individuals and groups who are eligible for PAN verification.
- Non Banking Financial companies that are approved by RBI
- Insurance company
- Insurance repository
- Companies and Government deductor that are required to file TDS/TCS return
- Mutual Funds
- Credit card Companies
- Educational Institutions established by Regulatory Bodies
- Companies (Required to furnish Annual Information Return)
- Any other entity required to furnish Annual Information Return
- Stock Exchanges/Commodity Exchanges/Clearing Corporations
- Government Agencies (Central/State)
- Income Tax Projects
- Reserve Bank of India
- Department of Commercial Taxes
- Goods and Services Tax Network
Online PAN verification registration
The applicant who desires to register for Online PAN Card verification with NSDL e-Gov can do so by furnishing a few documents. The applicant should provide a signed copy of the terms and conditions on the letterhead of the entity along with an authorization letter along with a demand draft for the charges.
Details required to register for the Online PAN verification
Organisational details required to register for the Online PAN No. Verification
- Name of the entity
- TAN/PAN of the entity
- Category of the entity
- Other personal details
- Contact details
Payment details required to register for the Online PAN Card Verification
- Payment amount
- Mode of payment
- Instrument number
Digital Signature Certificate details required to register for PAN Verification
- Name of the certifying authority
- Class of the Digital Signature Certificate
- Digital Signature Certificate Serial Number
PAN verification by PAN number
Follow the steps mentioned below to check PAN verification using PAN number:
- Log on NSDL PAN card financial service website.
- For replacement or reprint/duplicate of PAN card, enter your existing PAN card number.
- Enter the captcha.
- Click on submit.
- The website will display the PAN verification status.
You will have to check the verification status within 5 days of receiving the acknowledgement.
What is UTI PAN & How to verify UTI PAN ?
One of the largest financial service providers in the country, UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited (UTIITSL) is owned by the government and provides outsourcing and technology services to the Government’s financial sectors. UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited (UTIITSL) was established in 1993. UTIITSL PAN Cards are those issued by UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited (UTIITSL).
UTI PAN verification should be made 5 days from the date of acknowledgement. To make a UTI PAN verification, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Log on to the UTI PAN website.
- Select the type of application - whether it is a reprint or new application.
- For a reprint, enter your PAN number. For a new application, enter the coupon number of your application.
- Click on submit.
- Enter the captcha.
- The page will display your PAN verification status.
Tracking the Status of Registration
An organisation who has attempted to register for Online PAN verification can check its registration status by using the acknowledgement number provided. If the registration is successful a message bearing the same will be displayed on the screen along with the User ID. A message indicating the rejection will be displayed if it was rejected.
Authorisation of Registration
The Income Tax Department has to approve the registration of an entity for Online PAN verification. Once the applicant registers for the facility, NSDL e-gov forwards the registration request to the Income Tax Department given that the applicant has filled the forms completely, provided the right documents and makes a successful payment. The applicant will be provided with an 8 digit User Id on successful authorisation. The registration charges will be refunded to the applicant in case the Income Tax Department rejects the request for registration.
Perfect Credit Card Deals for you
News About Verification of PAN
New police app to link PAN details
Hyderabad Police is set to go technology friendly, with a new app designed exclusively for them. Named HYDCOP, this app will be integrated for use within the force, offering real-time intelligence updates and feeds to cops. Apart from updates, it will also link data from PAN cards, Aadhar, voter ID into the system to enable faster verification, saving time and resources on manual verification. The app will also have additional features like incident management, third eye (for suspect identification) and geographically tagged point books.
19th April 2016
PFRDA to Use PANs for Online Subscriber Verification
Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has started using Permanent Account Number (PAN) instead of Aadhaar to verify details of customers who register online for the National Pension Scheme (NPS).
PFRDA Chairman Hemant Contractor said an online facility to help open NPS accounts based on verification of PAN and bank KYC, has started functioning.
An individual with an internet banking account with any of the 6 participating banks can open their NPS account online. These banks are: State Bank of Travancore, State Bank of Patiala, Oriental Bank of Commerce, United Bank of India, South Indian Bank and Syndicate Bank.
The Supreme Court in October 2015 said implementing agencies could use Aadhaar numbers for verification if they wanted to.
15th April 2016