PAN Card verification is a mandatory and simple procedure which can be done online. Online PAN Card verification is a provision which is made available for certain government websites and can be done if you have all the details.
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited has been authorised by the Income Tax Department to provide eligible entities who verify PAN Cards. The e-Governance service provides online verification of PAN cards.
About PAN Verification
Types of PAN Verification Online
There are mainly 3 modes of verification for PAN Cards online which are:
1. File-Based PAN Card Verification
This type of PAN Card verification is done by organisations or the government who wish to verify up to 1,000 PAN Cards at one time.
- Once the user has logged in to the account, he or she can upload up to 1,000 PAN Cards in the similar file structure which is specified by the NSDL website.
- After the file is uploaded, the user needs to click on 'submit'.
- Once done, within 24 hours, the website will display the PAN Card details.
- However, if the user does not follow the format mentioned in the website for uploading, the website will reject the request.
2. Screen-Based PAN Card Verification
This Screen-Based verification enables you to get up to 5 PAN Cards verified at once when you use the service.
- Log in to the account.
- After you log in, you add the details of 5 PAN Cards to be verified. Add the numbers to the screen provided.
- Once you click on 'submit', the details of the PAN will be shown to you on the screen.
3. Software (API)-Based PAN Card Verification
With the help of a software application, you can verify your PAN online through the verification site.
PAN Verification by PAN Number
You can also verify your PAN with just your PAN number by following the steps mentioned:
Step 1: Log in to the income tax e-filing website or the NSDL website.
Step 2: Fill in the details such as your full name and date of birth along with your PAN number.
Step 3: You will need to input the status of your PAN card, whether it is an individual, company, Hindu Undivided Family, etc.
Step 4: Once done, input the captcha code given in the portal and click on submit.
Step 5: Your PAN card will then be shown with you the status of verification.
Step 6: You will have to check the verification status within 5 days of receiving the acknowledgement.
What is UTIITSL and how to Verify the PAN Card Issued by the Company?
UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited is among the biggest financial services company in the country. They are owned by the Government of India and provides financial technology to the financial sectors of the government. UTIISL like NDSL provides PAN cards for the Indian population who apply from their website.
For verification, you must visit the UTIISL PAN website and log in with your credentials. Once done, you will have to select the option to verify your PAN card by adding the required details. The website will then display the results.
PAN Verification by Name and Date of Birth?
You can also verify your PAN card just by entering your name and date of birth which is considered as credentials to access your card details.
To verify your card, here are the steps to follow:
- Sign up for the online service of the NSDL's e-governance website.
- Sign in with those details and then enter your name and date of birth to access the details and your PAN card status.
PAN Card Verification with Aadhaar Number
The step-by-step procedure that must be followed for the PAN Card Verification with Aadhaar Number is mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home.
Step 2: Under the ‘Quick Links’ section, you will find the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option, click on it.
Step 3: On the next page, select ‘Click Here’ to check if the process to link the Aadhaar and PAN has already been submitted.
Step 4: Next, enter the PAN number and Aadhaar number. Click on ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’.
Step 5: The details will be displayed on the screen.
Verification of Applicability under Section 194N
Given below are the steps that must be followed to complete the verification of Applicability under Section 194N:
Step 1: Visit https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/ViewReturnStatusLink.html?lang=eng.
Step 2: Enter the PAN and mobile number.
Step 3: Agree to the terms and conditions and click on ‘Continue’.
Step 4: Follow the steps on the next page to get details of the verification of applicability under Section 194N.
e-Verify Returns via Aadhaar
The process that must be followed in order to e-verify your returns with the help of the Aadhaar OTP is mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit https://portal.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/UserLogin/LoginHome.html?lang=eng.
Step 2: Login to your account by entering the PAN, password, and captcha details.
Step 3: Select ‘My Account’.
Step 4: Click on ‘e-verify return’.
Step 5: Next, select the ‘I would like to generate Aadhaar OTP to e-verify my return’.
Step 6: An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
Step 7: Enter the OTP to complete the verification process.
Response to Users from the Website
The response given to user
Valid PAN with events such as acquisition, merger, etc.
The PAN card will be displayed as 'Fake' without any other details.
Deactivated or Deleted
The status of the PAN card will be displayed as 'deactivated' or 'deleted'.
PAN card not found
The message 'not present in the Income Tax Department database' will appear.
PAN Verification Eligibility
Given below is a list of all the individuals and groups who are eligible for PAN verification.
The PAN verification facility is offered to the below-mentioned entities:
- RBI approved payment banks
- Central Vigilance Commission
- Stamp and Registration Department
- Reserve Bank of India
- Income Tax Projects
- Central and State Government Agencies
- Goods and Service Tax Network
- Clearing Corporations/Commodity Exchanges/Stock Exchanges
- Entities who are required to produce Statement of Financial Transaction/Annual Information Return
- Companies that are required to produced Statement of Financial Transaction/Annual Information Return
- Educational Institutions that have been established by Regulatory Bodies
- Central KYC Registry
- RBI approved credit information agencies
- Depository Participants
- Authorities who issue the DSC
- National Pension System’s Central Recordkeeping Agency
- Credit card institutions
- Mutual Funds
- Insurance Repository
- Insurance Company
- Housing Finance Companies
- RBI approved Prepaid Payment Instrument Issuers
- RBI approved NBFCs
- SEBI approved Investment Advisor
Get More Information About Pan Card:
Details Required in Order to Register for the Online PAN Verification
Details of payment required to register for the Online PAN Card Verification
- Mode of payment
- Amount to be paid
- Instrument number
Organisational details needed to register for Online PAN Number Verification
- Name of the entity
- Category of the entity
- TAN/PAN of the entity
- Contact details
- Other personal details
Digital Signature Certificate details required to register for PAN Verification
- Class of the Digital Signature Certificate
- Name of the certifying authority
- Digital Signature Certificate Serial Number
Documents Required for Online PAN Verification
The list of documents that must be submitted are mentioned below:
- An authorisation letter on the company’s letterhead.
- Terms and conditions on the company letterhead.
- The entity’s PAN card copy. Two copies must be submitted and it must be signed by an authorized entity.
- Declaration of Entities. Two copies must be submitted and it must be signed by an authorized entity.
- Incorporation Certificate. Two copies must be submitted and it must be signed by an authorized entity.
- License/Certificate copy that has been issued by the regulatory body. Two copies must be submitted and it must be signed by an authorized entity.
- Cheque or Demand Draft for the charges that are applicable. The cheque or demand draft must be made in favour of ‘NSDL – TIN’.
List Of Pan Card Office in India 2021
Tracking the Status of Registration
An organisation who has attempted to register for Online PAN verification can check its registration status by using the acknowledgement number provided. If the registration is successful a message bearing the same will be displayed on the screen along with the User ID. A message indicating the rejection will be displayed if it was rejected.
Authorisation of Registration
The Income Tax Department has to approve the registration of an entity for Online PAN verification. Once the applicant registers for the facility, NSDL e-gov forwards the registration request to the Income Tax Department given that the applicant has filled the forms completely, provided the right documents and makes a successful payment. The applicant will be provided with an 8 digit User Id on successful authorisation. The registration charges will be refunded to the applicant in case the Income Tax Department rejects the request for registration.
Link PAN Card to Bank Accounts Online
FAQ's on PAN Verification
- Can an entity renew its PAN verification facility?
- Will I need to enter the full name for PAN verification?
- Can I know my PAN by logging into the e-filing website of Government of India?
- Will there be any Swachh Bharat Cess (SBC) for PAN verification?
- Will I need to pay any initial advance for PAN verification?
- How do I avail this facility?
- Is there a software/solution for bulk PAN verification?
- How to track the status of registration for online PAN verification?
- What are the annual registration charges for availing online PAN verification?
- For how long can I avail this facility?
Yes, an entity can renew its PAN verification system online by logging into the official website with user ID and the digital signature. The entity will then have to choose ‘Renewal of facility’ option and then click ‘Submit’.
Yes, you will need to enter the first name, middle name, and last name for the PAN verification process.
Yes, you can visit the official website of Department of Income Tax (Government of India) and go to the ‘Know Your PAN’ section. Here, you will have to enter your status (if you are an individual, Hindu Undivided Family, Company, Government, Association of Persons, etc.) surname, middle name, first name, gender, date of birth, and mobile number. After you click ‘Submit’, you will get the details.
Yes, there will be Swachh Bharat Cess (SBC) at 0.5%. You will have to pay Rs.60 for all the types of verification methods.
You will need to pay an initial advance as per your wish.
To avail this facility, entities first need to register themselves at the NSDL e-Gov website. Thereafter, they are required to provide the details regarding their organization, digital signature certificate, and payment. Apart from these, entities also need to submit documents like authorisation letter, terms and conditions on the company’s letterhead, copy of license/certificate issued by regulatory body (if applicable), incorporation certificate, copy of the PAN card and the demand draft/ cheque for applicable charges in favour of 'NSDL - TIN'. Once the authorities receive the documents and fees, the application is forwarded to the Income Tax Department for approval. On approval, the entity who registered is provided with an user ID with the help of which online PAN verification can be carried out.
Yes, there is a software through which bulk PAN verification can be carried out. It is one of the three modes of verification listed on the NSDL website. The facility is called Software (API)-based PAN verification, which is basically an interface that allows the user to carry out online verification of the Permanent Account Number (PAN).
Any organisation that attempts to register for online PAN verification can check its registration status by using the acknowledgement number that is provided to them. If the registration is successful, a message bearing the same will be displayed on the screen along with the user ID. If the registration is rejected, a message indicating the rejection is displayed.
The annual registration charges for all the three verification methods under online PAN verification is Rs.1200 excluding Goods and Service Tax (GST).
Once you register for online PAN verification, it can be used for a year.