There are 3 options via which PAN details can be verified online.
- Option I: Verification of a single PAN card at a time.
- Option II: Bulk PAN Verification (for external agencies).
- Option III: Bulk PAN Verification based on ‘user paying’ model.
Bulk PAN Verification Service for External agencies
External agencies, both government and non-government, can choose to register as a PAN Verification agency and verify a number of PAN details at once. Agencies like DGFT, CBEC, FIU, Banks, UTIISL, NSDL, MCA fall under this category. The process of PAN verification in bulk is a service provided by the IncomeTaxIndiaEFiling, a government website.Pan-Card_SEO_Rsp
Steps to Know How to Verify PAN in Bulk
Follow the steps mentioned below to know how to verify pan card in bulk:
- Step-1: Agencies have to register for Bulk PAN Verification at www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Step-2: Once you register, you can go to Bulk PAN Query page and click on option to Upload Query.
- Step-3: The query has to be uploaded in XML format (recommended) and then click submit.
- Step-4: On successful submission of query a token number is generated.
- Step-5: This token number can be used to view the details of PAN uploaded through this system.
Steps for Bulk PAN Verification User Registration
Follow the steps mentioned below to register user for bulk pan card verification:
- Go to the Tax E-filing website of the Indian government and select 'Register Yourself' at the homepage.
- Click on 'Bulk PAN Verification User' to select your user type.
- Provide PAN/ TAN details of the Agency (if applicable), Password details, PAN of the person who will act as the principal contact, communication details of the Organization and the principal contact, Digital Signature Certificate.
- Click on 'Submit' button.
- The user also has to provide an authorization letter from the Agency’s Head. The PAN verification request is then evaluated and approved once all documents are received.
- A mail gets sent to the email ID registered with the website during this process, with the activation link and User ID details. Clicking on the Activation link finally activates the e-Filing account.
- The user can now login with new User ID and the Password they registered to complete the process.
Get More Information About Pan Card:
PAN Verification in Bulk based on User-paying model:
This option allows PAN Verification online by approved Government/non-Government agencies based on a ‘User pays’ model. This service is chargeable on an annual basis. PAN verification using this facility can be File based or Screen based verification, and Software (API based, server to server) based verification, whichever format the user chooses.
Registration charge for this facility is Rs.12,000 p.a. plus GST (Goods and Services Tax) at 18%. This facility has to be renewed yearly as a registration is valid only for a year. Renewal charges are same as initial registration charges.
Under this service, an agency get a set number of free PAN verification each day. Any verification requests exceeding the limit has to be paid for individually using the account created with the service provider. Any agency availing the API Based or the File and Screen Based verification facility should maintain enough deposit against its user ID to verify PAN numbers exceeding the free limit of PAN verification. GST will be charged at 18% on all these charges.