A PAN card is an important document issued by the Income Tax Department to every Taxpayer who applies for it. The PAN card is issued under the supervision of the Central Board of Direct Taxes. PAN card serves as an identity proof and is mandatory for certain financial transactions. Almost all the banks have made a provision to link your PAN card to your bank account. Linking your PAN card to your Bank account has a lot of benefits.
How to Link PAN card with PNB Account Online
One can also link their PAN card with their PNB Account online from the comfort of their house without having to visit the bank. Listed below are the steps that need to be followed in order to link PAN card with the PNB Account online.
- Login to your PNB internet banking account by visiting the Internet Banking PNB page.
- Enter your Internet Banking Customer ID and password when you enter the web page.
- Once you’ve logged into your Internet Banking account, select the ‘Request’ option on the left side of the window.
- Select the ‘Add/ Update Pan number’ option in the drop down menu under the ‘Request’ option.
- Enter your PAN number in the space provided specifically for that and select the continue option.
- The bank will send you a confirmation on message as soon as your PAN number is updated.
How to Link PAN card with PNB Account Offline
One can link PAN card with their PNB Account Offline by following the below mentioned steps.
- Visit the PNB where you have your maintain your bank account.
- Ask for a PAN card number updation form.
- Fill in the form with the required details. Ensure to fill in the correct details.
- Submit the form to the bank officials. The officials might ask to see your PAN card if needed.
- You will receive an update from the bank when your PAN card is linked to your account.
Usually the PAN number is updated within a week and a confirmation is sent to the customer regardless of whether they updated it online or offline. It is important to remember that only individuals can use the online method to link their PAN card with their PNB Account. Firms, Companies, HUFs, Associations, and other non- individual entities should visit the nearest PNB branch to link their PAN to their account.