We all know that the Permanent Account Number (PAN) is mandatory for an individual when it comes to doing financial transactions that are beyond the estimated limit. The card also helps the Income Tax department keep track on the financial transactions of the ones who possesses the PAN card. This also enables them to make sure that they can’t evade from paying taxes.
An individual can possess a PAN card by applying either through the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL), UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited(UTIITSL) or e-mudras. Though the process of applying for a PAN card is quite simple, the verification process for PAN can be confusing. As such, here we take a look at what entities need to do if they are looking to verify their Permanent Account Number (PAN).
What is UTI PAN and NSDL PAN?
As already mentioned, one can apply for a PAN card either through NSDL, UTIITSL or e-mudras. Hence, when one talks about UTI PAN or NSDL PAN, it is nothing but the PAN card issued by the following agencies to individuals or entities.
PAN Verification Online
PAN can be verified only through the online mode and the process can carried out only through the websites of NSDL and UTIITSL. Hence, while looking to verify their PAN, entities need to register themselves on either on one of the websites. Only after registering can one go ahead with the process of verifying their PAN.
How to verify NSDL / UTI PAN Card Online
Since we are talking about verification of PAN, it is necessary to emphasize the process involved as to how one can verify their PAN cards issued by NSDL or UTIITSL.
UTI PAN verification Online
If you have a PAN card issued by UTIITSL, you can verify your PAN by following the below mentioned steps:
- Log onto the UTI website and select the type of application.
- To get a reprint enter the PAN number while for a new application enter the coupon number provided for your application and submit.
- Enter the captcha asked for.
- The status of PAN verification will be displayed on the screen.
NSDL PAN Verification Online
As for the verification of PAN issued by NSDL, the following steps need to followed by the ones looking to do so:
- Visit the NSDL website and select the type of PAN application.
- Enter the application number and the coupon number.
- Click submit.
- PAN verification status is displayed on the screen.
How To Check The Registration Status For Pan Verification?
After registering for PAN verification, an entity can check the status of their registration by using the acknowledgement number that was provided at the time of registration. The registration status can be known by following the above mentioned step at any of the authorized websites, be that it of NSDL or UTIITSL.
Types Through Which An Entity Can Verify Pan Online
To verify one’s PAN, entities can take the help of any of the following three types of PAN verification:
- Screen based verification: Through this mode, the users can provide up to 5 PANs after logging in. After the numbers are submitted, the details of the provided numbers are displayed in the response screen as results.
- Software (API) based PAN verification: Using this mode enables an applicant to verify his/her PAN by accessing the verification site through a software application.
- File based verification: The file based verification mode enables an applicant to upload up to 1000 PANs after logging in. However, the files need to be uploaded in a structure that is specified by NSDL e-Gov. The results of the PANs are provided after 24 hours. This mode can be availed if one intends to do bulk verification of PANs.
How To Verify Pan By Using Name And Date Of Birth?
When the question of PAN verification emerges there is bound to be certain questions. One such question is whether one can carry out the verification with the help of the applicant’s name and date of birth. The answer to that query is yes. One can verify PAN by providing the cardholder’s name and date of birth. To do so, one needs to the follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up on either one of the websites of NSDL or UTIITSL and provide the date of birth in the prescribed format.
- Next one needs to provide the first, middle and last name of the applicant in the online PAN verification form.
- Enter the captcha and press ‘Submit’.
How To Verify Pan Using The 10-digit Pan Number?
Apart from verifying one’s PAN by providing an applicant’s name and date of birth, it can also be done by providing the PAN number as well. To verify one’s PAN by providing the 10 digit alphanumeric number, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of NSDL or UTIITSL
- Provide the PAN number
- Enter the captcha provided
- Submit the details.
Websites to visit for NSDL / UTI PAN Card Verification Online
Note: To visit site please do copy and paste above urls in new window.
Renewal Of Pan Verification For Entities
PAN verification facility is provided for only a year and hence needs to be renewed every year. As such, we take a look at the process of renewal of PAN verification. For renewal of PAN verification, one can raise a renewal request online by logging in using the digital signature certificate. Thereafter, one can go to the payment option and select the renewal of facility option.
Following that, one can fill the payment details asked for and submit the details for their process of renewal of PAN verification to start.
Check More About PAN Card
List Of Pan Card Office in India 2020