A PAN card is a very important document with a unique ten digit alphanumeric identification code issued by the Income Tax Department of India.It is very important to link your PAN card to your bank account. If you own a valid PAN card and an account with any of the banks in India, you can easily link your PAN to that particular bank account. One can link their PAN card to their bank account online or offline. If you have an account with HDFC bank and haven’t linked your PAN card to it yet, you can do so now by following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Linking PAN card with HDFC Account Offline
One can link PAN card with their HDFC Account Offline by following the below mentioned steps.
- Visit the HDFC bank where you have your maintain your bank account.
- Ask for a PAN card number updation form.
- Fill in the form with the required details. Ensure to fill in the correct details.
- Submit the form to the bank officials. The officials might ask to see your PAN card if needed.
- You will receive an update from the bank when your PAN card is linked to your account.
Linking PAN card with HDFC Account Online
One can also link their PAN card with their HDFC Account online from the comfort of their house without having to visit the bank. Listed below are the steps that need to be followed in order to link PAN card with the HDFC Account online.
- Login to your HDFC internet banking account by visiting the Internet Banking HDFC page.
- Enter your Internet Banking Customer ID and password when you enter the web page.
- Once you’ve logged into your Internet Banking account, select the ‘Request’ option on the left side of the window.
- Select the ‘Add/ Update Pan number’ option in the drop down menu under the ‘Request’ option.
- Enter your PAN number in the space provided specifically for that and select the continue option.
- The bank will send you a confirmation on message as soon as your PAN number is updated.
Usually the PAN number is updated within a week and a confirmation is sent to the customer regardless of whether they updated it online or offline. It is important to remember that only individuals can use the online method to link their PAN card with their HDFC Account. Firms, Companies, HUFs, Associations, and other non- individual entities should visit the nearest HDFC Bank branch to link their PAN to their account.