After you apply for a PAN card, it usually takes around 15 days for the officials to process the application. The time period can differ if corrections in the application are needed to be made after discrepancies are spotted. If the application requires correction, the number of days taken for the application to be processed goes up to 25 days as mentioned in the Tax Information Network of the Income Tax Department.
Once the application for a PAN card is successfully submitted, the applicants are provided with a 15-digit acknowledgement number. Courtesy the number, the applicants can track the status of their application after a period of three days. Using the 15-digit number, the applicants can know all the details regarding the application like dispatch date and expected date of delivery of the PAN card sent by the Income Tax Department.
How To Track Pan Card Delivery Status By Speed Post?
The applicant can track the PAN card delivery status by speed post using the airway bill number i.e the consignment number.
The consignment number can be found by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit www.tin-nsdl.com/index.html
- Select ‘PAN’ from under the ‘Services’ dropdown
- Click on ‘Know Status of Your Application’
- Select ‘Application Type’ and key-in the acknowledgement number and the captcha code
- If the PAN card is dispatched, the consignment number, as well as details like acknowledgement number, the name of the applicant, category, dispatch date, expected date of arrival, and the PAN number, are displayed on the corresponding screen.
Using the consignment number, the delivery status of the PAN card can be tracked. To do so, the applicant would need to:
- Visit the website of India Post
- Select ‘Track & Trace’ under the ‘Tools’ tab
- Provide the consignment number and captcha code
- Next, click on ‘Search’
- The status will be displayed on the corresponding screen