One of the most important identity documents that any individual can possess is the PAN card. The card can be used for certain money transactions or to even avail a new mobile or landline connection, passport, driving license, starting a new business, opening a new bank account, etc. Any errors in a PAN card will have to be rectified immediately to ensure that there are no problems when it comes to the verification of the document in the future. With regards to the change in photographs on a PAN card, individuals will have to fill in the PAN Card Change Request Form and submit the same to the authorities and a new PAN card will be sent to their residential address.
Changing the photo on your PAN card through the online route
Here is a simple step-by-step procedure for individuals who wish to change the photo on their PAN card online:
- Visit the official PAN website and select the language with which you wish to proceed.
- Scroll down the page and at the foot, you will find “Category of Applicant” where you will have to select what category you fall under before hitting “Select”.
- Go through the form and ensure that it is fully and accurately filled in.
- Your PAN number will have to be entered in the box and all the boxes that are marked with an asterisk should be filled in as they are compulsory.
- If you wish to change your photo on the document, you will have to select the seventh point from the list which reads “Photo Mismatch”.
- In case you wish to proceed with a paperless application form, select “yes” and then upload your photograph along with your signature and affix all the documents required to complete the process.
- Digilocker can be used to attain all the required documents.
- In case you find the paperless process complicated, you can always select “No” and proceed with the regular process.
- Once you have filled in all the requisite information, you will have to hit “Submit”.
- After you have submitted all your documents and details, you will have to pay a fee of Rs.107 through your debit card, credit card, net banking, cheque or demand draft.
- Once you have made the payment, your application will be sent for approval.
- An acknowledgment number will be sent to your registered email ID along with a copy of the same.
Changing the photo on your PAN card through the offline route
Here is a simple step-by-step procedure for individuals who wish to change the photo on their PAN card offline:
- Once you have submitted the application form to change the photo in your PAN card, you will receive a verification acknowledgment number in your registered email ID along with a copy of the form.
- You will have to get the application form printed and two passport size photos with white background (3.5cm x 2.5cm) will have to be pasted on the form.
- A signature will have to be put across the photograph.
- Your proof of address, date of birth, Aadhaar and ID card copies will have to be affixed with the application form.
- In case you are not comfortable with making an online payment, you can always send the fees through a cheque or demand draft along with the application.
- The acknowledgment number that you received will have to be mentioned on the back of the cheque or the demand draft.
- All the documents along with the application form must be kept safe in a cover.
- A letter must be written for requesting a change in the photo on the PAN card and all the documents must be sent to the NSDL office in Pune.
How to change the signature on your PAN Card
A PAN Card is an important piece of documentation that every working class citizen should possess. Post July 1st, 2017, the Government has made it mandatory that every individual should link their Aadhaar and PAN. Therefore, if there are any corrections that needs to be made, it should be done as soon as possible.
One of the most common errors on a PAN Card is the “Signature” tab. There have been many instances where the signature would not match with other documents and this would call for a change in signature on your PAN. People tend to assume that the process of changing your PAN is a long and tiresome process when it really isn’t.
Steps to follow while changing your signature on PAN card
Listed below are the simple steps you need to follow when you change the signature on your PAN Card:
- Visit the NSDL website by typing in the following link in the address bar – https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/correctiondsc.html
- Read the guidelines and instructions carefully before applying for any changes that need to be made on your PAN
- Scroll down to the bottom half of the document until you locate the “Category of the Applicant” tab
- Select the category that you fall into and then click on the “Select” option
- You will then have to fill in the change request form after carefully reading it
- All boxes which have “*” against it should be filled up without fail as your form will neither be accepted or processed if any of the mandatory fields have been left blank
- Select the box that reads “Signature Mismatch”
- You will also have to submit your current PAN in the box that corresponds to “Permanent Account Number (PAN)”
- You could also select the paperless route when submitting your documents:
- You do not have to physically submit the documents that are required for a change in signature on your PAN Card
- You can simply provide a digital signature or upload a photo of the same, your photograph, and other documents that are required
- After you have completed the steps mentioned above, click on the “Submit” option
- You will have to pay a change request fee of Rs.107 through any of the following channels:
- Demand Draft
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
- Once you have completed the submission of your PAN Change Request form and payment, you will have to take a printout of the acknowledgement form along with its 16 digit acknowledgement number
- You will have to attach 2 recent passport photographs to your acknowledgement form
- Enclose the cheque or demand draft in the cover where the heading should read “Application for PAN change request –16 digit acknowledgement number” which means that if your acknowledgement number is 1726239458594404. The cover heading would be “Application for PAN change request–1726239458594404”
- You will then have to post this cover to the NSDL address:
Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,
Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune–411016. Phone number: 020–2721 8080.
- You will have to make sure that the cover reaches the NSDL office within 15 days from the date of receiving the acknowledgement
Once you have completed the steps mentioned above, you will receive an e-mail on your registered e-mail address.Also Know About PAN Card Correction