Individuals who wish to change their address on their PAN card can do so online with relative ease. You will have to download the Change Request Form from the official NSDL website and fill in the required details. Please note that changes or corrections can be made to PAN cards only when the individual has already been allotted a PAN Number. Here is a step-by-step procedure to change address in a PAN Card:
Steps to Change your Address in Pan Card through Online:
- Step-1 Visit the official NSDL website.
- Step-2 Keep scrolling to the bottom of the page until you see an option called ‘Select the Category of the Applicant’.
- Step-3 Choose the category (individual / partnership firm / association of persons / body of individual, etc.) from the drop down menu before hitting ‘Select’.
- Step-4 Fill in all the required details on the form, such as name, father’s name, gender, date of birth, etc.
- Step-5 Check the boxes beside the field to which you wish to make a change.
- Step-6 You PAN Number will have to be entered in the relevant box, and if you wish to take the paperless route to apply for a change in address, you can select ‘Yes’ on the field that says ‘For Paperless PAN Application’.
- Step-7 Once you select the paperless route, you will have to upload your photographs, documents and signature online, thereby eliminating the need to physically furnish the documents for a change in address.
- Step-8 In case you wish to take the traditional route to change the address in your PAN card, select ‘No’ on the field that says ‘For Paperless PAN Application’.
- Step-9 You will receive an Pan Acknowledgment Form that comes with a 16-digit Acknowledgement Number. You will have to print out this form.
- Step-10 Attach two recent passport size photographs in the space provided on the acknowledgment form and insert your signature.
- Step-11 A cheque or demand draft will have to be enclosed along with the acknowledgment form and self-attested documents in an envelope. Make sure that the acknowledgment number has been mentioned on the back of the cheque or demand draft.
- Step-12 Write ‘Application for PAN CHANGE REQUEST – Acknowledgment Number’ as the heading on the envelope.
- Step-13 Send the envelope by post to NDSL at Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No.341, Survey No.997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016.
- Step-14 The envelope must reach the NSDL address with 15 days from the date on which you received the acknowledgment.
- Step-15 Once the NSDL receives your application, it will send it for processing and you will receive an email regarding the same on your registered email ID.
Get More Information About Pan Card:
Change Address on PAN via Aadhaar Card
The step-by-step procedure to change the address on the PAN using the Aadhaar Card is mentioned below:
- Visit https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserAddressUpdate.html.
- Next, you must enter details such as the PAN number, Aadhaar number, email ID, and mobile number.
- Next, select option one, where the address will be updated with the help of your Aadhaar card.
- Enter the captcha code and click on ‘Submit’.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered email ID and mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’.
- Once the above-mentioned step has been completed, the address will be updated as per the details available on the Aadhaar Card. You will also receive confirmation via SMS and email.
Proof of Address – Documents
The list of documents that can be submitted as proof of address is mentioned below:
- The Aadhaar Card that has been issued by the UIDAI.
- Employer certificate in the required format.
- A certificate of address that has been signed by a Parliament member.
- A certificate of address that has been signed by a Gazetted Officer.
- A certificate of address that has been signed by a Municipal Councilor.
- A certificate of address that has been signed by a member of the Legislative Assembly.
- Copy of the landline bill.
- Copy of the broadband connection bill.
- Copy of the water bill.
- Gas connection card.
- Bank account statement.
- Credit card statement.
- Property registration document.
- An allotment letter of accommodation that has been issued by the State Government or the Central Government. However, the letter must not be more than three years old.
- Domicile certificate that has been issued by the government.
- Latest assessment order of the property tax.
- Post office passbook with the address of the applicant mentioned on it.
- Your spouse’s passport.
- Driving License.
- Elector’s photo identity card.
List Of Pan Card Office in India 2021
FAQs On How to Change Pan Card Address
- What are the different documents that must be provided when I submit the form?
The list of documents that must be submitted when you submit the form are mentioned below:
- Proof of PAN
- Proof of PAN that has been surrendered
- Proof of the changes that must be made
- Address proof
- Identity proof
No, you do not have to make any payment for downloading the ‘Request for New PAN Card or Correction in PAN data’ form.
You must submit the application form due to the below-mentioned cases:
- If you want to make any changes to the current PAN details.
- If you already have a PAN, but wish to apply for a new one.