Individuals who wish to change their address on their PAN card can do so online with relative ease. You will have to download the Change Request Form from the official NSDL website and fill in the required details. Please note that changes or corrections can be made to PAN cards only when the individual has already been allotted a PAN Number. Here is a step-by-step procedure to change address in a PAN Card:
Follow the steps below to Change your address in pan card through Online:
- Visit the official NSDL website.
- Keep scrolling to the bottom of the page until you see an option called ‘Select the Category of the Applicant’.
- Choose the category (individual / partnership firm / association of persons / body of individual, etc.) from the drop down menu before hitting ‘Select’.
- Fill in all the required details on the form, such as name, father’s name, gender, date of birth, etc.
- Check the boxes beside the field to which you wish to make a change.
- You PAN Number will have to be entered in the relevant box, and if you wish to take the paperless route to apply for a change in address, you can select ‘Yes’ on the field that says ‘For Paperless PAN Application’.
- Once you select the paperless route, you will have to upload your photographs, documents and signature online, thereby eliminating the need to physically furnish the documents for a change in address.
- In case you wish to take the traditional route to change the address in your PAN card, select ‘No’ on the field that says ‘For Paperless PAN Application’.
- You will receive an Pan Acknowledgment Form that comes with a 16-digit Acknowledgement Number. You will have to print out this form.
- Attach two recent passport size photographs in the space provided on the acknowledgment form and insert your signature.
- A cheque or demand draft will have to be enclosed along with the acknowledgment form and self-attested documents in an envelope. Make sure that the acknowledgment number has been mentioned on the back of the cheque or demand draft.
- Write ‘Application for PAN CHANGE REQUEST – Acknowledgment Number’ as the heading on the envelope.
- Send the envelope by post to NDSL at Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No.341, Survey No.997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016.
- The envelope must reach the NSDL address with 15 days from the date on which you received the acknowledgment.
- Once the NSDL receives your application, it will send it for processing and you will receive an email regarding the same on your registered email ID.