Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a unique identification code that is offered by the Income Tax Department to all taxpayers in India. It has become compulsory for almost every financial transaction off late. Therefore, getting a PAN is absolutely important.
In order to simplify the PAN application process, eMudhra introduced eMudhra PAN services to help people apply for PAN card online conveniently. eMudhra PAN services include application for new PAN card, modifications to current PAN details, request for replacement of damaged or lost PAN card, and PAN rectifications.
What is eMudhra PAN card?
eMudhra PAN card is a PAN card that is issued by eMudhra online. You can apply for it without any hassles by applying on the official website of eMudhra. You will have to go to the PAN section on this website.
About eMudhra Pan
eMudhra Limited is an organisation that is committed to offering trustworthy data analytics, security solutions, paperless solutions, digital signatures, etc. The company offers advanced electronic solutions in insurance, telecom, banking, manufacturing, healthcare, pharmaceutical, and healthcare industries.
eMudhra PAN card services
Under the eMudhra PAN facility, there are 3 main PAN card services. The eMudhra PAN facility is the sole PAN processing facility available online apart from NSDL and UTIITSL, which are appointed by the government.
- New PAN card: If you are planning to apply for a new PAN card, you can avoid standing in a long line. All you need to do is go to the official website of eMudhra and complete the application process quickly and successfully. You will have to first ‘Apply Now’. You can get your own PAN by following 3 main steps including filling your information, making payment, and taking a print out, sign it, and send it by courier. In the first main step, you will need to fill your personal information, contact information, document proofs, source of income, address information, and declaration. After this, you will need to make your payment online, and then take a printout of your acknowledgement.
- Rectifications or modifications in PAN card: If you have errors in your PAN card, you can get it rectified easily by applying on the website of eMudhra.
- Here, you will need to go to the ‘Changes/Correction’ segment. This feature can be used by Indian citizens and people who stay in India.
- Once you apply here, the information will be rectified in the database of the Income Tax Department. You can use this option even when you want to change certain details in your PAN after you change your address or any other detail.
- When you want your PAN details to get rectified or modified, you will have to click ‘Apply now’. You will be led to the next page.
- Here, you have to first enter your PAN number and choose the option that needs to be altered or corrected.
- You will have to click any of the options mentioned in the list. You will also have to enter your Aadhaar number compulsorily.
- After this, you will have to key in your personal information, contact details, proofs for documents, source of income, address information, etc. You will also need to make a declaration.
- Damaged or misplaced PAN card: Is your PAN card lost or stolen or damaged? We can imagine the stress involved in finding it or getting it replaced. You can request for a re-issue of a new PAN card by visiting the official website of eMudhra. You will need to give clear details when you are applying for this.
- First, you need to key in your PAN number and then select the option that your PAN card is damaged or lost.
- You also have to provide a proof of issuance of your PAN by giving a copy of your PAN card, a copy of your PAN allotment letter or FIR copy that mentions you have lost your PAN, OR no documents.
- You will also have to enter your Aadhaar number for this mandatorily.
- Apart from this, you need to enter your personal details, contact details, proofs for documents, source of income, address information, etc.
eMudhra Digital Signature Technology
With the Digital Signature Technology feature offered by eMudhra, you will get an electronic signature in no time. Any individual or company can use this digital signature in any of the industries and complete any major transaction efficiently. It is offered through cloud technology, and encourages paperless and safe transactions. Any business can sign with the help of this Digital Signature or eSign.
To sum up, with the eMudhra PAN facility, one can receive excellent phone support for your PAN application. You can also make arrangements for picking up your PAN application documents and monitor your PAN application status with the help of status update features sent to your email ID and mobile number.