Did you recently shift to a new residential space? With a change in your residential/postal address, you will need to update your Permanent Account Number (PAN) communication details. You can change your address in your PAN records by filling the PAN Change Request Form which is available online on the website of National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) under the section of the Income Tax PAN Services Unit.
Guidelines for online application for requesting for modification in PAN data
- You can visit the website of NSDL and fill the form and submit it online.
- After you submit it, if there is any mistake in your application, the screen will show the errors.
- You can correct these errors and submit your form again.
- If you want to change any of the details you have entered, you can edit the information. Otherwise, the ‘confirm’ option will be selected.
- When you want certain PAN information to be modified such as your address without any other modifications in the PAN data, you can fill the application form with the new address. After this, your address for communication will be updated accurately in the database of the Income Tax Department as it is very important for sending notifications to you in a prompt manner.
- If your Aadhaar is your proof of address, then you will need to enter the Aadhaar number in the application form.
Fees for change in postal address in your PAN
- You will be required to pay different fees for different purposes related to your PAN.
- If your postal address is within India, you will need to pay a fee of Rs.110 for getting your application form processed. This fee comprises Rs.93.00 + 18.00% Goods and Services Tax. You can make this payment through credit card or debit card or demand draft or net banking.
- If your postal address is not in India, you will have to pay a fee of Rs.1,020 which consists of an application fee of Rs.93 and dispatch fees of Rs.771. Currently, PAN cards are being sent only to a 105 selected countries. You can make your payment for this only through credit card or debit card and demand draft which is payable at Mumbai. For the demand draft, you will have to write it for ‘NSDL PAN’. You will have to mention your name and pan acknowledgement number on the inverse of the demand draft.
- Payment by credit card, debit card, and net banking can be made by self, spouse, parent, children, any director of the a company, Karta of the Hindu Undivided Family, any partner of a partnership firm or a limited liability partnership, and any authorised signatory of a trust, association of persons, Artificial Juridical Person, body of individuals, or local authority.
- When you make your payment through net banking, you will need to pay an extra surcharge of 4.00 and Goods and Services Tax for the payment gateway facility.
- Once you make the payment successfully, you will receive an acknowledgement. You can save this acknowledgement document and then take a printout of it.
Acknowledgement of application and payment
Once you make your payment for your PAN card postal address modification process, you will receive an acknowledgement and this will include category of the applicant, name of applicant, unique acknowledgement number with 15 digits, Permanent Account Number (PAN), name of father, date of birth or incorporation or formation of body of individuals, address for communication, Aadhaar number, information regarding address proof, identity proof, and date of birth.
You can send this acknowledgement to the postal address of NSDL office in Pune. If you have a demand draft, you can send it to the same address. Your acknowledgement, identity proof, and documents (if any) will need to reach NSDL within 15 days after you apply online.
List Of Pan Card Office in India 2018