Whoever said wishes don’t come true hasn’t explored our offers!
  • PAN Card Correction/Modification

    A PAN is an extremely important document in the Indian financial context, with everyone participating in monetary activities expected to have it. Given its importance, most of us tend to carry it on us, thereby exposing it to the risk of loss or damage. While prevention is better than cure, there are times where we either lose it or require modifications to an existing card. Contrary to popular belief, such changes, modifications or reissue of PAN is a simple process, saving time and effort on our part.

    Lost PAN/Request for new PAN card for existing PAN

    The Tax Information Network, a subsidiary of the Income Tax Department receives numerous cases of lost PANs on a regular basis, and it has revamped the entire process, facilitating online exchange of information to speed things up. Individuals who have lost their PAN or require a PAN card for their existing Permanent Account Number can log on to the official website of TIN-NSDL or UTITSL and navigate to the Lost PAN/request for new PAN section. They are then expected to fill up an application form, providing information like their Permanent Account Number, name, and date of birth, father’s name, address, contact details and the necessary ID proofs.

    The Income Tax department will scrutinize the form and issue a duplicate PAN card if all the information is accurate and factual. Both Indian Residents and foreigners can use this service to apply for a duplicate PAN card in case they lose their original one.

    Individuals who wish to apply manually can do so by downloading the PAN application form from the official website, filling it and submitting it to the TIN Facilitation cum PAN centres closest to them. These centres are present across the country, in almost all towns and cities.

    Click here >> Download PAN Card Correction Form in PDF Format
    Click here >> Download PAN Card Correction Form in Excel Format

    Note: Individuals should remember to fill all the columns in the form, but should refrain from ticking any box on the left margin of the form.

    Changes/modifications/corrections in PAN details

    There is a possibility for errors to creep into our PAN details, with the most common ones being incorrect spellings, date of birth, change of communication address, etc. While these details might not seem serious, they could have an impact and it is advisable to correct them at the earliest. This can be done by using the same PAN application form as before and entering the appropriate information. The form should be filled completely and the boxes which require changes should be ticked (on the left margin). Once uploaded these corrections will be implemented and while the Permanent Account Number would remain the same, the corrections will reflect on other details.

    How to Correct Pan Card Mistakes
    Pan Card Correction Online

    A new PAN card with updated information will be given to the applicant, with the Permanent Account Number remaining the same.

    Note: Only those boxes which require changes need to be ticked while filling the form.

    Fees and charges associated with changes/corrections/updating/reissue of existing PAN

    Individuals who are keen on reapplying for a duplicate PAN card or to make corrections to an existing one need to remember that this process is not free and a minimal amount will be charged. This amount depends on the communication address of an individual, with it being Rs 107 if the address is within India and Rs 989 if the address is outside India. These prices are inclusive of Service Tax.

    Documents required to reprint/modify/update existing PAN details

    Modifying any details in an existing PAN card or applying for a duplicate PAN in case of theft or loss requires an applicant to furnish documents supporting the application form. These documents vary, depending on whether it is an individual, firm, group or entity who is applying and the nationality of an applicant.

    • Indian Individuals and Hindu Undivided Families – An Indian or HUF applying to modify or change the details in his/her PAN card should submit a copy of a valid government approved ID proof (Aadhar, Driving License, Passport, etc.), address proof (DL, utility bill, domicile certificate, etc.) and a proof of date of birth (Voter ID card, DL, passport, etc.). Individual applicants should also furnish two passport size photographs with their application.

    • Companies/firms/partnerships with their office in India – Companies and other entities with their office in India should submit their registration copy issued by a competent authority as their ID and address proof in order to make changes in their PAN.

    • Companies/firms/partnerships with office only outside India – Such entities who have no office in India should submit a copy of their registration certificate which has been issued in their country of location and duly attested by the Indian Embassy/High Commission or authorised officers. They will also have to furnish a copy of their registration certificate approved or issued by an Indian authority.

    • Foreign citizens – Foreign citizens (either staying in India or abroad) are required to submit an ID and address proof to support their application. This can be either their passport, citizenship identification number, copy of PIO card, etc.

    • Other foreign entities (other than individuals) – These entities should submit an ID and address proof which can be either their registration certificate (issued in the country of applicant) or by the Indian High Commission or Embassy in that country. A copy of the registration certificate approved by local Indian authorities is also required.

    Documents required to support changes in PAN details

    Any changes in personal information on a PAN should be supported by relevant documents. The table below highlights the documents needed for a particular change request.

    Change request

    Supporting documents

    Change in name of individual

    Name change certificate from a gazetted officer/name change publication in official gazette

    Change in date of birth

    ID proof with correct date of birth

    Change in name of females (due to marriage)

    Marriage certificate/invitation card/certified copy from gazetted officer

    Change in name of company/firm

    Certificate from registrar of Companies/updated partnership deed

    Any other changes require suitable documents supporting such a change.

    Change Pan Card Communication Address Online

    With people moving to different cities or towns in pursuit of work, there is a high possibility of a change in address. PAN cardholders who need to update their communication address can do so by following a few simple steps.

    • Fill up the form for New PAN or changes from the official website of TIN-NSDL. All the columns should be filled, ticking the box which mentions address for communication, typically found on the left margin.
    • Mention whether the said address is of a residence or office.
    • Updating an address can be done by mentioning the new address on a supplementary sheet and attaching it to the form.
    • Submit relevant proof indicating change of address (utility bill, DL with new address, etc.)
    • Submit the form with supporting documents to relevant authority.

    Guidelines for filling PAN card correction form

    Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a 10-digit alphanumeric code assigned to all income taxpayers in India. Non-Indian nationals doing business in India can also apply for a PAN card. PAN card is mandatory for financial transactions such as opening a bank account, cash deposit of Rs.50,000 and above, and more importantly, to file income tax returns.

    Step-by-step guidelines for filling PAN card correction form

    PAN card details may have to be changed or corrected in certain cases such as change of name or misspelled name. The applicant have to fill a PAN correction form to request the change in PAN details. The correction form can be filled and submitted online through the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) website.

    • The PAN card correction form should be filled in English.
    • Enter the 10-digit PAN number.
    • Fill up all the mandatory fields with correct details.
    • Name shouldn’t have any prefix such as Miss, Mr., Shri, etc.
    • No abbreviations allowed such as Ltd, Pvt., etc. However, a Hindu United Family (HUF) applicant shall mention ‘HUF’ after his or her name.
    • Father’s name should be entered, even in the case of married women applicants.
    • Contact address with town, city, state, and PINCODE (country and zip code in the case of foreign address) should be entered. Mobile number and landline numbers should be provided with country code and ISD or STD code.
    • If Aadhaar number is entered in the application form, then a copy of the applicant’s Aadhaar card has to be submitted along with other supporting documents to the NSDL.
    • Check the left side column of the form where change or correction is required.

    Documents required for change in PAN card details

    For change or correction in PAN card details like name, date of birth or father's name, the applicant should submit supporting documents such as:

    • In the case of name change after marriage, marriage certificate, wedding invitation card, publication of name change in a gazette, and a copy of passport showing spouse's name should be submitted.
    • Individuals must submit proof of publication of name-change in gazette, companies must submit Registration Certificate for name change, partnership firms should submit revised partnership deed, and Limited Liability Partnership must submit ROC for name change.
    • Change in date of birth for individuals and change of incorporation for companies should be supported with documents containing the correct date.
    • The contact address mentioned in the application form will be updated in the Income Tax Department database.

    Processing fees

    The processing fee for PAN correction form is Rs.110 for communication within India and Rs.1,020 for outside India. Payment can be made via Demand Draft (in favour of 'NSDL - PAN' payable at Mumbai), net banking, credit card or debit card. Upon submission of the correction form, a 15-digit unique acknowledgement number will be issued along with the applicant's personal details. Save the acknowledgement form, print a copy, and send it to the NSDL office along with the necessary supporting documents.

    The acknowledgement form should be duly signed and affixed with 2 recent colour photographs (3.5 cm X 2.5 cm). The acknowledgement form has to be mailed to NSDL within 15 days of submitting the application form online. Once your application has been processed, you will be issued a fresh PAN card with new details but the same Permanent Account Number.

    Also Know About PAN Card Correction


    News Related to PAN Card Correction/Modification

    • Linking Aadhaar-PAN deadline extended till 31 August

      The announcement of linking Aadhaar-PAN becoming a mandate came as a surprise to most people. The deadline to complete this task was 31st of July, however, many people were unable to carry out the linking due to technical and other factors. Considering the fact that a huge amount of people were unable to complete the linking process due to lack of provision, the government has decided to the extended the deadline until the end of August i.e., 31 August. Moreover, the last date for e-filing tax returns has been extended till 5 August. The government also noticed a surge in the number of people rushing to their nearby Aadhaar centre to either enrol for the Aadhaar or to make corrections on their Aadhaar. There are many individuals who do not have either the Aadhaar or the PAN or both to initiate the linking process. Knowing the importance of Aadhaar and PAN which is required to avail various benefits and also to carry out financial transactions, it has become essential for the people to obtain the Aadhaar as soon as possible.

      3rd August 2017

    • Income Tax Department Launches Online Service To Correct PAN, Aadhaar Errors

      The Income Tax department has launched a service to correct errors in information on PAN cards and Aadhaar cards. The online service is available on the department’s e-filing website, where individuals can update changes to be made in their PAN or Aadhaar cards.

      The site has two hyperlinks, the first being for those who wish to update changes in their PAN cards, while the second one is for changes to Aadhaar card details.

      While over 1.22 crore individuals have Aadhaar-linked PAN, the government is looking to increase numbers since there are over 25 crore PAN cards that have been issued and over 111 crore Aadhaar cards.

      A big reason behind the low numbers for Aadhaar-linked Pan is a discrepancy in information on the PAN and Aadhaar, which prevents the two from being linked. The new service is aimed at addressing this.

      22nd May 2017

    PAN Application Process
    PAN Card for Individuals/Company
    Linking of PAN Card
    Useful Articles on PAN Card
  • reTH65gcmBgCJ7k
    This Page is BLOCKED as it is using Iframes.