Permanent Account Number (PAN) is issued by the Income Tax Department to all Indian nationals and non-Indian nationals earning an income or doing business in India. PAN card is mandatory for carrying out financial transactions such as opening a bank account, making a cash deposit over Rs.50,000 or filing income tax returns. PAN is a 10-digit alphanumeric code that is unique to each individual.
What is UTIITSL / NSDL PAN?
One of the largest financial service providers in the country, UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited (UTIITSL) is owned by the government and provides outsourcing and technology services to the Government’s financial sectors. UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited (UTIITSL) was established in 1993. UTI PAN cards are those issued by UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited (UTIITSL).
NSDL is the National Securities Depository Limited which was established in 1996. NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited was originally set up as a Depository in 1995. On behalf of the Income Tax Department, the Tax Information Network (TIN) was set up as a repository of nationwide Tax related information.
UTIITSL / NSDL PAN Card Correction Form
PAN card details may need modification or correction in certain cases such as name change after marriage, change in address, etc. PAN card correction form can be obtained from the UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited (UTIITSL) or National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) website. Request for PAN card correction can be made through either of the sites.
How to fill UTIITSL / NSDL PAN Card Correction Form
Follow the steps mentioned below to fill the UTIITSL / NSDL PAN Card Correction Form:
- Fill up the CSF form for PAN card correction on the UTIITSL website.
- Click on 'Validation' after ensuring the details are correct and click on 'Submit'.
- Make payment for PAN card correction through the UTIITSL website.
- Make Payment using netbanking, credit card or debit card.
- Take a print out of the duly-filled correction form.
- Affix 2 recent colour photographs on the space provided.
- Sign the form and send it to the nearest UTIITSL office via post along with the supporting documents such as identity proof, address proof, and name change proof (publication of name change in a gazette, marriage certificate, etc.)
Get More Information About Pan Card:
Documents Required for PAN Card Corrections
For PAN card correction request such as name, date of birth, and address, the applicant should submit the following supporting documents:
- In the case of name change after marriage, marriage certificate, wedding invitation card, publication of name change in a gazette, and a copy of passport showing spouse's name should be submitted.
- For name change in any other case, individuals must submit proof of publication of name-change in gazette whereas companies must submit Registration Certificate for name change.
- Change in date of birth for individuals and change in incorporation for companies should be supported with documents containing the correct date.
- For change in contact address, the new address must be mentioned in the application form which will then be updated in the Income Tax Department database.