Know your PAN Number by Name and DOB
If you don’t know your PAN card number, you can find out this information on the e-filing website. You need to provide your name and date of birth.
To know your PAN details by name and date of birth, follow this process
- Log on to the e-Filing website.
- Click on “Know Your PAN”.
- Provide the following details:
- Date of Birth or Date of incorporation in DD/MM/YYYY format
- Surname, middle name and first name.
- Enter the Captcha Code that is displayed onscreen.
- Click on submit.
The results that will be displayed will include the following
- Your PAN Card number
- Your First Name
- Your Middle Name
- Your Surname
- Remarks. This section will state whether your card is active, inactive or in any other status.
Know your Pan card details from Income Tax Website
If you need to find out other details of your PAN card, you can do so through a slightly longer process. The details of your PAN including your address is available to you after you register on the Income Tax Department e-Filing website. Follow the process below:
Go to the Income Tax Department e-Filing website.
- Click on “Register Yourself”.
- Select your user type as applicable and click on “Continue”.
- Provide your basic details.
- Fill up the Registration Form and click on “Submit”.
- An activation link will be sent to the email address provided by you. Click on this link to activate your account.
- Log in to your account on the e-Filing website.
- Select “Profile Settings”
- Select “My Account”.
- The following details will be displayed under “PAN details”:
- PAN number
- Name of Assessee
- Date of Birth
- Address of Assessee
- You can also view your address and contact details in separate tabs.
Know Your Pan Card Issue Date
While the date of issue of the PAN card is not necessary or needed for any verification process, it is important to know where exactly the PAN issue date is on the PAN card. The PAN issue date is placed vertically on the right bottom half of the PAN card. The dates are not separated.
For example, if the date issue is 3/07/2017 - the date of issue will be placed vertically as 03072017.
Get your Pan card within minutes using Aadhaar Verification
In an effort to boost the Digital India campaign by the Government of India, the Income Tax Department is developing a mobile application to enable assessees to pay their taxes and apply for PAN Cards online using their smartphones. Another project, using Aadhaar for e-KYC authentication will issue PAN to assessees within minutes, this move is expected to increase the reach of the tax net by making it easier for people to generate a Permanent Account Number. The pilot project will be undertaken after the Income Tax Department receives approval from the Finance Ministry.
The e-KYC facility which is based on Aadhaar will allow individuals or entities seeking to apply for a PAN to verify their details, such as, address, date of birth, etc. via biometric authentication using the individual’s thumb impression. Presently, 111 crore Aadhaar numbers have been issued.
The unique identification number is being used to issue new sim cards, transfer of subsidies, opening new bank accounts, and also for biometric-based digital payments using the Aadhaar Enabled Payment System. Every year 2.5 crore people apply for a PAN and there are currently 25 crore PAN card holders in India.Do you want to know your PAN card status?
After submitting an online application form for a new PAN card, applicants can track their application online using a few easy steps. It is not only the fastest way to track one's application but it also the most popular and convenient way of doing it. Mentioned below are the steps that will help you to know the pan card status:
- To track the status of one's PAN card application, the applicant needs to log on the official website for PAN, TIN-NSDL.
- Next step is to go to the PAN section on the website. They can check track the status of their application on this page.
- The applicant will need to choose the type of application that they are filling in.
- Next, they will need to provide a few details along with their 15-digit acknowledgement number, their full name, and their date of birth.
- After filling in these information, they will be directed to a page that will provide them with the current status of their PAN application.