You can easily find out your PAN information online. The Income Tax Department has made PAN information available on its website. Any PAN holder can find out their PAN card number on the e-Filing website. You can also find out the address listed under your PAN number. The process is quick and easy.
Know Your Pan Card Details
Know your Pan Card Details from Income Tax Website
If you need to find out other details of your PAN card, you can do so through a slightly longer process. The details of your PAN including your address is available to you after you register on the Income Tax Department e-Filing website. Follow the process below:
Step 1: Visit the Income Tax Department's e-Filing website
Step 2: Click on 'Register Yourself'
Step 3: Select your user type as applicable and click on "Continue".
Step 4: Provide your basic details.
Step 5: Fill up the Registration Form and click on "Submit".
Step 6: An OTP will be sent to the email address and mobile number provided by you.
Step 7: Enter the OTP and complete the registration process.
Step 8: Log in to your account on the e-Filing website.
Step 9: Select "Profile Settings"
Step 10: Select "My profile".
The following details will be displayed under "PAN details":
- PAN number
- Name of Assessee
- Date of Birth
- Address of Assessee
You can also view your address and contact details in separate tabs.
Know your PAN Number by Name & DOB
If you don’t know your PAN card number, you can find out this information on the e-filing website. You need to provide your name and date of birth.
To know your PAN details by name and date of birth, follow this process
Step 1: Log on to the e-Filing website.
Step 2: Click on "Know Your PAN".
Step 3: Provide the following details:
- Date of Birth or Date of incorporation in DD/MM/YYYY format
- Surname, middle name and first name.
Step 4: Enter the Captcha Code that is displayed onscreen and click on submit
*Please note that the 'Know Your PAN' section is no longer available on the e-filing website and the above steps are not valid any more.
The results that will be displayed will include the following
- Your PAN Card number
- Your First Name
- Your Middle Name
- Your Surname
- Remarks. This section will state whether your card is active, inactive or in any other status.
Know your PAN Card Number by Email
You can know the details of your PAN by using the Email facility. You will have to send an email to either firstname.lastname@example.org, which is the official email ids of NSDL or to email@example.com which is the official email ID of UTIITSL.
Know your PAN Card Number by Mobile App
You can use the Indian PAN Card mobile app in order to know the details of your app. You will have to follow the steps given below:
- Download the PAN Card mobile app on your phone.
- Open the app and click on ‘Know your PAN details’ located at the bottom of the home page.
- Enter the necessary details including your mobile number.
- You will then receive a One Time Password (OTP) on your mobile number. Enter the OTP given in the box. Click on Submit’.
- You will be able to view the details of your PAN Card including your PAN Card number.
Know your Pan Card Issue Date
While the date of issue of the PAN card is not necessary or needed for any verification process, it is important to know where exactly the PAN issue date is on the PAN card. The PAN issue date is placed vertically on the right bottom half of the PAN card. The dates are not separated.
For example, if the date issue is 3/07/2017 - the date of issue will be placed vertically as 03072017.
Know your PAN by toll-free number
You can know the details of your PAN Card by calling on a toll-free number. The service is free of cost and is available 24x7.
To know the details of your PAN, you call on the Income Tax toll-free number 18001801961 or on the NSDL toll-free number 1800 222 990.
Link PAN Card to Bank Accounts Online
How to know your PAN Status?
You can check the status of your PAN by following the steps given below:
- Click on the link https://www.trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/#forward.
- Provide your application coupon number.
- In case you do not remember your application coupon number, you can provide your 10-digits PAN Number.
- Enter either incorporation, agreement, or date of birth.
- Enter the captcha code given to check the status of your PAN Card.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button. You will be able to check your Pan status.
know your PAN Status without Acknowledgment Number
- Visit the NSDL website.
- Under the ‘Application Type’ section choose ‘PAN-New/Change Request’.
- Enter your last name, first name, middle name, and date of birth.
- Click on ‘Submit’. You will be able to check the status.
know your PAN Card Status with the help of Date of Birth and Name
- Visit the Income Tax E-filing official website.
- Under ‘Quick Links’, select ‘Verify Your PAN Details’.
- Enter details such as your name, date of birth, and PAN Number.
- Select status as applicable.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Select the ‘Submit’ button.
- A new page will appear where it will be mentioned that your PAN is active and the details are matching with PAN database.
Check status of your PAN Card Application through SMS service
- You can check the status of your PAN Card Application 3 days after the submission of the PAN Card application form.
- You can check the status by sending an SMS ‘NSDLPAN <15-digit acknowledgement number>’ to 57575.
How to track the status of your PAN through call
You can track the status of your PAN through call by following the steps given below:
- Dial 020-27218080.
- Enter the 15-digit Acknowledgement Number.
- You will be able to know the status of your PAN.
Check Status of PAN Card Application through Aadhaar Number
- Click on the link https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/ePANStatus.html?lang=eng.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Enter the captcha code shown in the box.
- Once you have entered the captcha code, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will be able to view the status of your PAN Card application.
Steps to check the Status of PAN Card Transaction
You can check the status of PAN Card transaction by following the steps given below:
- Visit the NSDL official website.
- Click on ‘Track PAN Status’.
- Under the ‘Application Type’ section choose ‘PAN-New/Change Request’.
- Enter the 15-digit acknowledgment number.
- Enter the captcha code given in the box.
- Click on the ‘Submit Button’.
- You will be able to check the status of your PAN card transaction.
FAQ's on Know your PAN Card
- Is it necessary for me to give the date of issuance of my PAN Card for verification?
- Can I download my PAN Card?
- Can I get my PAN card within 3 days?
- Do I need to have an Aadhaar card to get a PAN card?
- Is a PAN card without a signature valid?
The date of issue of your PAN card is not required for any of the verification process, however, you need to know where your PAN issue date is on the card. The issue date of your PAN card will be located vertically on the right bottom of the card.
Yes, you can download a soft cop, i.e. e-PAN card via the NSDL portal. Along with your Acknowledgement number and date of birth, you can visit the NSDL portal and download the card.
After you submit the application form for the PAN Card, it will take around 15-20 working days for your card to be issued. However, you can always receive the PAN card in 2-3 days.
Currently, it is mandatory to link your Aadhaar to your PAN for filing of Income Tax Return. You will have to submit proof for date of birth when you apply for a PAN card and the Aadhaar card is preferred.
When you apply for a PAN card, you will have to digitally sign it. The card will not be valid until it has been physically signed.
List Of Pan Card Office in India 2021