These days most of the banks and financial institutions link PAN Number while opening a New Bank Account. However, if for any reason you haven’t linked your PAN Card to your SBI Bank Account you can use the Steps provided in this Article. Not only linking your PAN Card is beneficial for a Bank Account, it serves various other benefits.
Linking your Permanent Account Number (PAN) with your existing SBI (State Bank of India) savings accounts has become mandatory, except for those having Basic Savings Bank Deposit Accounts (BSBD), as per the amended income-tax rules.
All the SBI account holders should, hence, submit their PAN details to conduct hassle-free transaction using their SBI bank accounts.
In case PAN is not available, they can submit Form-16, which is a self-declaration form to declare that the individual does not have a PAN card.
If you’re one among those who haven’t furnished your PAN details below are two methods which could help you link your PAN with your SBI bank account
Registering PAN Card Details using SBI Online Account
SBI net banking users can register their PAN card themselves by using their online accounts.
Below Steps will Guide you through the Process of PAN Registration.
- Visit https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- Under Personal Banking, click LOGIN New Version > Continue to login
- Login to your enter by entering your username and password
- Once you login, click ‘e-Services’ tab
- A drop down menu will appear. Select ‘PAN registration’ option.
- You will redirected to PAN registration page where you need to enter your profile password
- A new page will appear where you need to select Transaction Accounts, enter registered mobile number, PAN number and submit
- You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number, enter the same and click submit
Your PAN card registration request is now submitted and you can see the same message on your screen. You will be provided with a reference number using which you can track your registration status. It typically days 7 days for SBI to link your PAN number with your account.
You can use the ‘Status’ option beside the ‘Create request’ to track the status of your PAN registration.
Linking Pan Card with SBI Bank Account Offline
Follow the Steps mentioned below to link PAN Card with SBI Bank Account:
Step 1: Visit your SBI Home Branch i.e., where you maintain your Account.
Step 2: At the Bank, Ask for Pan Card Updation Form (KYC Form) in your Account.
Step 3: Fill up the form completely and re-check all the details after filling it up.
Step 4: Submit the following Documents:
- PAN Card Updation KYC Form at the SBI Branch.
- Self-Attested Photocopy of your PAN Card.
- A Letter addressing to Branch Manager of SBI Branch, Regarding Updation of PAN Card.
Link PAN to Essential Accounts
Link PAN Card to Other Bank Account
- Link PAN Card to ICICI Account
- Link PAN Card to HDFC Account
- Link PAN Card to PNB Account
- Link PAN Card to Kotak Mahindra Bank Account
- Link PAN Card to Canara Bank Account
- Link PAN Card with OBC Bank Account
- Link PAN Card with UCO Bank Account
- Link PAN Card to Axis Bank Account
- Link PAN Card with United Bank Account