These days most of the banks and financial institutions link PAN Number while opening a New Bank Account. However, if for any reason you haven’t linked your PAN Card to your SBI Bank Account you can use the Steps provided in this Article. Not only linking your PAN Card is beneficial for a Bank Account, it serves various other benefits.
Linking your Permanent Account Number (PAN) with your existing SBI (State Bank of India) savings accounts has become mandatory, except for those having Basic Savings Bank Deposit Accounts (BSBD), as per the amended income-tax rules.
All the SBI account holders should, hence, submit their PAN details to conduct hassle-free transaction using their SBI bank accounts.
In case PAN is not available, they can submit Form-16, which is a self-declaration form to declare that the individual does not have a PAN card.
If you’re one among those who haven’t furnished your PAN details below are two methods which could help you link your PAN with your SBI bank account
Registering PAN Card Details using SBI Online Account
SBI net banking users can register their PAN card themselves by using their online accounts.
Below Steps will Guide you through the Process of PAN Registration.
- Visit the website www.onlinesbi.com .
- In the website, click on the option "Profile-PAN Registration"which is included under the "My Accounts" option that is present on the left hand side of the screen.
- After the following the step mentioned previously, you will be redirected to a page where you will be required to choose the Account number, enter the PAN number. Next, click on the "Submit" option below.
- Once you click on the "Submit"option, the request to link the PAN card with your SBI account will be processed.
- The request usually takes up to 7 days to be processed for SBI to link your PAN number with your account.
- The status of the request will be sent to on the registered mobile number.
- You can use the "Status" option beside the "Create request" to track the status of your PAN registration.
Linking Pan Card with SBI Bank Account Offline
Follow the Steps mentioned below to link PAN Card with SBI Bank Account:
- Visit the nearest SBI branch near you.
- While visiting the bank branch carry your PAN card.
- At the bank, fill the letter of request with the information required.
- You are also required to submit a copy of the PAN card to the responsible authority in the bank.
- When the process of verification of the details entered by you in the form is complete, the request of linking the bank account with the PAN card will be processed.
- After the request is processed, you will receive the status of the same on your registered mobile number.