From July 1st, 2017 onwards, as per a new law passed by the government of India, your Aadhaar and Permanent Account Number (PAN) have to be linked for e-filing your income tax returns. To do this, you have to register your PAN number on the e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department website.
Procedure for PAN card registration
Follow the steps mentioned below to know the Procedure for PAN card registration:
- Visit the e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department (www.incometaxefiling.gov.in).
- Click on the ‘Register Yourself’ tab.
- Select the user type and click on ‘Continue’.
- Enter your personal details such as name, gender, and date of birth.
- Fill up the online registration form with the correct details.
- After form submission, a link will be sent to your email ID.
- Click on this link to activate your account.
How to check for PAN card information?
One way of finding out your PAN details is through the e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department website (www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/UserLogin/LoginHome.html).
Follow the steps mentioned below to check PAN Card Information:
- Enter your account number and click on ‘My Account’.
- Go to ‘Profile Settings’ and click on ‘PAN Details’.
- Your Permanent Account Number (a 10-digit alphanumeric code), permanent address, and other personal details will be displayed on the screen.
PAN card registration is a simple and easy process that is made mandatory by the law for e-filing your income tax returns.