Ever since the launch of Aadhaar by the UIDAI, it has become quite convenient for Aadhaar card holders to apply for different services like opening a bank account, obtaining a driving license, applying for a passport, et cetera. The Aadhaar number can be used to authenticate and establish identity using electronic means multiple times, thus making the entire application process easier. In the same way, Aadhaar number can be used to apply for a PAN Card. In order to avail a PAN card through Aadhaar, the following are the steps that you need to follow:
Visit the official website of UTI Infrastructure and Technology Services Limited and search for PAN card application page. Alternately, you can visit the link https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/pan/#one
Once you are on the page, click on ‘Apply as an Indian Citizen/NRI’ link.
Once you click on this link, you will be presented with four options. Click on the link that says ‘Aadhaar based e-Sign OR Aadhaar Holders! Apply using e-KYC option.’ Once you click on this link, you will be directed to another page where you can fill in the Form 49A online and e-Sign it using Aadhaar. Form 49A is the form you need to fill to apply for a PAN card.
Alternately, you can also visit the following link to find the PAN card form online: https://www.myutiitsl.com/PAN_ONLINE/PANApp?DSCApp=Y
At the top of the page, you need to select the box for ‘Aadhaar holders! Click here for opting Aadhaar based e-KYC option.’ Selecting that box will ensure that your PAN card form online is digitally signed using Aadhaar based eSign. If you are an individual applying for a PAN card, then select the Status of the Applicant to be Individual.
The application fee for the same is Rs.115.95.
After you have selected the Aadhaar eSign option, you can begin filling the form. The following are the details you need to fill in the form:
- Personal details like full name, name on the card, date of birth, gender, details of parents, et cetera
- Contact details, namely telephone number and email ID
- Aadhaar number, as per the Section 139AA of the Income Tax Act which requires for individuals to quote their Aadhaar number at the time of application
- Source of Income
- Select the Capacity in the box that says ‘You do hereby declare that whatever stated above is true in the capacity of’
You need to select and upload the relevant document for the following:
- Identity Proof
- Address Proof
- Date of Birth Proof
Since you have opted for Aadhaar based e-KYC option, by default, the document you need to attach for the Identity Proof, Address Proof, and DoB is Aadhaar Card.
After you have filled in the relevant details, re-check the information. After you have checked your form, click on ‘Submit’ at the bottom of the page. After successfully submitting your form, you will be given an application number that you can use to track your PAN card application.
Link PAN Card with Top Bank Account
- Link PAN Card with SBI Account
- Link PAN Card to ICICI Account
- Link PAN Card to HDFC Account
- Link PAN Card to PNB Account
- Link PAN Card to Kotak Mahindra Bank Account
- Link PAN Card to Canara Bank Account
- Link PAN Card with OBC Bank Account
- Link PAN Card with UCO Bank Account
- Link PAN Card to Axis Bank Account
- Link PAN Card with United Bank Account