Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation’s (EPFO) digital initiatives made seeding KYC (know your customer) documents such as bank account number, PAN card, Aadhaar, passport, driving licence, election card and ration card in the EPF accounts easier.
While linking Aadhaar with EPF account is already made mandatory, seeding PAN number and bank account number, though not compulsory, are required to process any sort of online EPF claims.
Online EPF services such as withdrawing the pension fund or requesting transfer of PF account are possible only when you have all three details including Aadhaar, PAN and bank account number seeded in your EPF account.
Further, without a valid PAN number, TDS of approximately 34.60% will be deducted during the final PF withdrawal.
Hence, linking PAN with EPF account, if not now, is helpful for all your future EPF related claims.
As mentioned earlier, EPFO through its website made the seeding process quite simpler.
All you need to link your PAN with EPF is an activated Universal Account Number (UAN).
If you haven’t activated your UAN yet, visit the page ‘EPFO Universal Account Number Registration’ to know the process.
Once you have your UAN activated, you will have a password to login to your account.
Steps to link PAN card to EPF account
- Visit EPFO UAN Member e-Seva Portal and login using the UAN number and password.
- From the main menu click ‘Manage > KYC’
- You will be redirected to ‘Add KYC’ page, where you will see a list of document under ‘Document Type’ to update.
- Select ‘PAN’ > Enter ‘PAN Number’ > Enter ‘Name as printed on your PAN card’ > Click ‘Save’
If the name and number matches with the Income Tax Department records, your PAN gets verified automatically.
Once your PAN is successfully seeded to your EPF account, you will find the same on the home page of the website in the ‘Member Profile’ table.
FAQs on link PAN with EPF Account
- How Can I Claim My Pf Amount (Above 50k) When Name In The Pan Card Is Not Matching With The Name In The Pf Account?
If the name in the PAN card is different from the one mentioned in the PF account, the PF amount cannot be claimed. This is because if the name of the individual does not match, the system will not accept the KYC details that is uploaded.
If such circumstances arise, the individual needs get the details corrected prior to claiming the PF amount. It can be done by visiting the EPFO website and filling up the joint declaration form. Once the form is submitted to the PF office, the details will be corrected in the UAN database following which the KYC process can be completed successfully. Once the KYC process is don, the PF amount can be withdrawn by providing the employer’s sign or digital signature.
Link PAN to Essential Accounts
Link PAN Card to Other Bank Account
- Link PAN Card to ICICI Account
- Link PAN Card to HDFC Account
- Link PAN Card to PNB Account
- Link PAN Card to Kotak Mahindra Bank Account
- Link PAN Card to Canara Bank Account
- Link PAN Card with OBC Bank Account
- Link PAN Card with UCO Bank Account
- Link PAN Card to Axis Bank Account
- Link PAN Card with United Bank Account