Aadhaar or Aadhaar card is a unique identity proof that contains demographic and biometric details of an individual. Aadhaar card is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). All Indian residents are eligible to apply for an Aadhaar card.
Table of Contents
What is Aadhar Card Verification?
Aadhaar verification or Aadhar Card verification is the process of verifying the existence of your Aadhaar card. The verification can be done by submitting your 12 digit unique Aadhar number. Aadhaar card verification can easily be done online through the official UIDAI website. UIDAI not only issues Aadhaar card to the citizens of India but also maintains details of every Aadhaar card holder in India. One can easily verify their Aadhar card after they have registered for the Aadhaar card and have obtained the Aadhaar number.
Why do you need to verify your Aadhar card?
It is very important to verify your Aadhaar card in order to ensure that your Aadhaar number has been issued and is valid. The gender, age group and the state to which the cardholder belongs will be displayed at the time of verification of Aadhaar. The cardholder can immediately contact UIDAI if there is any inaccuracy in the information presented. The cardholder can either call the toll free number or send an email to contact UIDAI.
Process to Verify your Aadhaar card
UIDAI has made it possible to verify your Aadhaar card online without many hassles through its official website. It is imperative that you have your Aadhar number in order to verify your Aadhar card.Given below is a list of steps that has to be followed in order to verify your Aadhar card online:
- Visit the official UIDAI website.
- Choose the option “Aadhaar services” present at the page.
- Choose the option “Verify Aadhaar”.
- Enter your 12 digit unique Aadhaar number in the space provided.
- Once you’ve entered your Aadhaar number, enter the security code.
- Choose the option “Submit”.
The page will display details of your Aadhaar card if it exists once you submit the online form.It will also state whether your Aadhaar card has been issued.
How to Check If Your Aadhaar Card Is Deactivated
- Log in to https://uidai.gov.in/
- Click ‘Verify Aadhaar Number’ under the ‘Aadhaar Services’ tab on the homepage
- Verify your Aadhaar by entering the 12-digit Aadhar number and the security code
- Click on ‘Verify’ to know if your Aadhar card is valid or deactivated. If a green tick appears, your Aadhaar card has not been deactivated