An important document in India is the Aadhaar. The Government of India has made it compulsory for certain documents to be linked to the Aadhaar. If you wish to update any details on the Aadhaar online, the mobile number must be linked to the Aadhaar. In case the mobile number is not registered with the Aadhaar, you must visit the Aadhaar Kendra to do the same.
Process to Change the Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
You may change the mobile number for personal reasons or due to migration to another location. You must visit the Aadhaar Kendra if you wish to change the mobile number.
The procedure to change the mobile number in the Aadhaar Card is mentioned below:
- Visit the Aadhaar Kendra Seva. You can find the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra on https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1. You must carry the Aadhaar Card when you visit the enrolment centre.
- You can request for an update.
- Once the request has been processed, you will receive an Update Request Number (URN). The status of the request can be checked with the help of the URN.
- A charge of Rs.50 will be levied to change the mobile number.
- Can I change the mobile number online?
No, you cannot change the mobile number online. You must visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra to change the mobile number.
- Do I have to submit any documents to change the mobile number?
No documents need to be submitted to change the mobile number. However, you will need to carry the Aadhaar Card.
- Is it mandatory to update the mobile number to make any Aadhaar changes online?
Yes, it is mandatory to update the mobile number to make any Aadhaar changes online. An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number to process any changes that are made online.