The Unique Identification Authority of India has launched an Aadhaar centric mobile app called mAadhaar for Android and iOS mobile devices. The mAadhaar app lets you access all your Aadhaar details on your smartphone. The app was launched in order to help users carry their Aadhaar information in form of a soft copy, instead of carrying a physical copy all the time.
Once you download the mAadhaar app on your smartphone, your Aadhaar profile which includes your registered phone number, name, address, gender, photograph, and other details will be stored on the app. Any time a service provider request for the Aadhaar card details, you can access the mAadhaar app and provide the information.
What is mAadhaar App?
UIDAI launched the mAadhaar App so that Aadhaar holders can store their photograph and demographic data on their smartphones. The details can be accessed by the Aadhaar Card holder at any given point. Up to three profiles can be added in your device using the same number.
How to download and install mAadhaar app in your Mobile Phone
Follow the below mentioned steps to complete the download process:
Step 1: The app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or the App Store (iOS).
Step 2: On the search box, which is present in the center of the page, type mAadhaar and click on search button
Step 3: Select the mAadhaar UIDAI app and click on “Install” button to download the app on your smartphone
Step 4: Once the app is downloaded on your device, open it
Step 5: The page will display a form “Create a password before importing your Aadhaar profile on this mobile”
Step 6: Enter a password.
Note: Same procedure have to follow for downloading mAadhaar in app store of iOS mobiles
Steps to Link Your Aadhaar number to the mAadhaar app
Once you download the app you should link Aadhaar number with the mobile app to access the Aadhaar details on your mobile phone. Follow the steps to complete the linking:
Step 1: Scan your Aadhaar Card or enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number.
Step 2: Ensure that the mobile number you are entering is the same number that is linked to the UIDAI.
Step 3: Once the relevant details have been entered, click on ‘Verify’. Do not navigate away from the screen.
Step 4: In case the right details are provided, you will receive an OTP. Enter the OTP to complete the process.
How to View Your Profile on mAadhaar?
Below mentioned are the step-by-step process of how to view your profile:
Step 1: Once on the homepage, tap on your profile.
Step 2: Enter the profile password.
Step 3: Once you are on your profile page, flip through your information.
How to delete your mAadhaar Profile?
It is easy to delete your profile from mAadhaar. Given below are the steps that can guide you in deleting your profile at ease.
Step 1: Hit the mAadhaar app on your mobile screen
Step 2: Open your profile and click on the drop down menu, at the top right portion of the screen
Step 3: Select “Delete Profile” option
Step 4: Enter your password for authentication, this step is useful, if incase by mistake you clicked on the delete option
Step 5: Instantly, your profile gets deleted
What is the process to reset the password in mAadhaar app?
The procedure to reset the password is mentioned below:
Step 1:On the home screen, choose ‘Reset Password’. The option can be found under the top menu.
Step 2:Provide the relevant details.
Step 3:Click on ‘Reset Password’.
Step 4:Enter the new password.
Important Things about mAadhaar app
- mAadhaar app can be installed on smartphones which are working on Android 5.0 and above versions.
- The Mobile phone that has the registered SIM should be used to download the app
- There is no facility to enter your OTP, this is because of security reasons
- You should not navigate to other apps while you are waiting to receive the OTP
- A user can access, maximum of 3 profiles on one mobile phone
- The user of mAadhaar app can share the demographic related information using the QR code to their service providers.
- Users can use Aadhaar app only on one device
Features of the mAadhaar App
Some of the main features of the mAadhaar App are mentioned below:
- Location of Enrolment Centres
- Aadhaar Services via SMS
- Mutiple profiles can be created
- QR Code can be shared
- Profile can be updated
- Generation of TOTP
- Locking and Unlocking of Biometrics
- Aadhaar locking
- Status of requests can be checked
- My Aadhaar
- Online services via mobile
Benefits of using mAadhaar app
Listed below are some the benefits of mAadhaar app:
- Biometric Locking/Unlocking: mAadhaar app comes with a unique feature, where you can lock and unlock your biometric data. Once you enable your biometric locking system on your app, your biometric app will be locked until you unlock it the next time
- The biggest benefit of having the mAadhaar app is that you do not have to carry the physical card with you.
- The mAadhaar app is quite secured as it has time-based one-time password (TOTP) feature, instead of the “SMS-based OTP” feature.
- A user can easily use the app for completing the eKYC for banks and other financial transactions. In fact, a user can also share the eKYC with any service provider
- With the mAadhaar app, you can share your data with third-party applications through NFC, QR codes, barcodes, or even email your details.
FAQ's on mAadhaar App
- What if my phone number is not registered?
- What will happen if you don’t register your mobile number with Aadhaar?
- Is the app available on iPhone?
- What happens if you logout from the page suddenly during the linking process?
- Is there a specific Android version for the app?
- What is the procedure to share the QR-Code?
If you have not registered your mobile number or your mobile number is not active, then the verification won’t work.
Even though you can download the mAadhaar app on your phone, you will not be able to use it as it requires your mobile number which is registered with Aadhaar. So, visit your nearest Aadhaar office and register the phone number that you are using.
As of now, the app is not available on Apple’s iOS platform
The entire linking process needs to be repeated again if you switch page during that time.
The app can be downloaded in smartphones that have Android Version 5.0 and up.
The procedure to share the QR-Code is mentioned below:
- Login to your profile.
- Select the option on the top right-hand side corner and click on ‘Select QR-Code'.
- Enter the profile password.
- The QR Code will be displayed. Click on ‘Share’ from the available options.
No, the mAadhaar app does not work offline. Internet connectivity is required for the app to work.
Once the application has been opened, the first step would be to create a password. The password can be a minimum of 8 characters and a maximum of 12 characters. The password must contain 1 alphabet in capital, 1 special character, 1 alphabet, and 1 number.