The Unique Identification Authority of India has launched an Aadhaar centric mobile app called mAadhaar for Android mobile devices. The mAadhaar app lets you access all your Aadhaar details on your smartphone. The app was launched in order to help users carry their Aadhaar information in form of a soft copy, instead of carrying a physical copy all the time.
Currently, the mAadhaar is available for all the smartphone users. Once you download the mAadhaar app on your smartphone, your Aadhaar profile which includes your registered phone number, name, address, gender, photograph, and other details will be stored on the app. Any time a service provider request for the Aadhaar card details, you can access the mAadhaar app and provide the information.
Steps to download the mAadhaar app on your smartphone?
Follow the below mentioned steps to complete the download process:
Step 1: Visit www.play.google.com/store to download the app for free
Step 2: On the search box, which is present in the center of the page, type mAadhaar and click on search button
Step 3: Select the mAadhaar UIDAI app and click on “Install” button to download the app on your smartphone
Step 4: Once the app is downloaded on your device, open it
Step 5: The page will display a form “Create a password before importing your Aadhaar profile on this mobile”
Step 6: Enter a password.
Steps to Link Your Aadhaar number to the mAadhaar app
Once you download the app you should link Aadhaar number with the mobile app to access the Aadhaar details on your mobile phone. Follow the steps to complete the linking:
Step 1: Open the mAadhaar app and enter your password
Step 2: Create your profile by providing your Aadhaar number. Or you can also choose to scan the barcode on the Aadhaar card instead of typing in the number
Step 3: Once you enter the number or scan the barcode, click on the “Verify” button, at the bottom of the screen. Don’t navigate away from the page for sometime
Step 4: If the details provided match, you will automatically receive the OTP on your registered mobile number
Step 5: The app is designed in such a way that, once you receive the OTP on your registered mobile number, the OTP is automatically entered in the interface and there is no need for you to type it manually
Step 6: After your OTP is entered, you will be able to see your Aadhaar profile which includes your name, gender, registered phone number, residential address and other information
How to View Your Profile on mAadhaar?
Below mentioned are the step-by-step process of how to view your profile:
Step 1: Open the mAdhaar app
Step 2: Enter the password correctly
Step 3: Once you are on your profile page, flip through your information
Step 4: In case you forget your password, click on the “Reset password” option, present towards the end of the screen. Enter the new password to access your profile
How to delete your mAadhaar Profile?
It is easy to delete your profile from mAadhaar. Given below are the steps that can guide you in deleting your profile at ease.
Step 1: Hit the mAadhaar app on your mobile screen
Step 2: Open your profile and click on the drop down menu, at the top right portion of the screen
Step 3: Select “Delete Profile” option
Step 4: Enter your password for authentication, this step is useful, if incase by mistake you clicked on the delete option
Step 5: Instantly, your profile gets deleted
Benefits of mAadhaar app
Listed below are some the benefits of mAadhaar app:
- Biometric Locking/Unlocking: mAadhaar app comes with a unique feature, where you can lock and unlock your biometric data. Once you enable your biometric locking system on your app, your biometric app will be locked until you unlock it the next time
- The biggest benefit of having the mAadhaar app is that you do not have to carry the physical card with you.
- The mAadhaar app is quite secured as it has time-based one-time password (TOTP) feature, instead of the “SMS-based OTP” feature.
- A user can easily use the app for completing the eKYC for banks and other financial transactions. In fact, a user can also share the eKYC with any service provider
- With the mAadhaar app, you can share your data with third-party applications through NFC, QR codes, barcodes, or even email your details.
Important Things you know about mAadhaar app?
- The Mobile phone that has the registered SIM should be used to download the app
- There is no facility to enter your OTP, this is because of security reasons
- You should not navigate to other apps while you are waiting to receive the OTP
- A user can access, maximum of 3 profiles on one mobile phone
- The user of mAadhaar app can share the demographic related information using the QR code to their service providers.
- Users can use Aadhaar app only on one device
FAQs on mAadhaar App
- What if my phone number is not registered?
- What will happen if you don’t register your mobile number with Aadhaar?
- Is the app available on iPhone?
- What happens if you logout from the page suddenly during the linking process?
If you have not registered your mobile number or your mobile number is not active, then the verification won’t work.
Even though you can download the mAadhaar app on your phone, you will not be able to use it as it requires your mobile number which is registered with Aadhaar. So, visit your nearest Aadhaar office and register the phone number that you are using.
As of now, the app is not available on Apple’s iOS platform
The entire linking process needs to be repeated again if you switch page during that time.