Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique identification number issued by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) for every Indian on behalf of the Indian Government. The Aadhaar card can be availed by every individual and it serves as both identification and residential proofs.
Once people are done with the application process, they can print their Aadhaar card online.
The process of downloading the Aadhaar card online is very simple. You will need a computer and an internet connection for the same. To download the card, you will also need your enrolment number or Aadhaar number.
Mentioned below are a few steps that you can follow to download your e-Aadhaar card:
- Visit the e-Aadhaar website.
- Choose ‘Enrolment ID’ or ‘Aadhaar’.
- Enter your Aadhaar number or Enrolment ID and other details such as name, PIN code, mobile number, etc.
- Click on ‘Get One Time Password’.
- You will receive the password on your phone via a text message.
- Input the OTP and click on ‘Validate and Download’.
- The e-Aadhaar card will be downloaded on your computer.
To open the e-Aadhaar card, you will have to enter a password as the file is password protected. This password will be your PIN Code.
How to Download Aadhar Card By Aadhaar Number
Aadhar card can easily be downloaded and printed by accessing the official website of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Unlike the PAN card or voter ID card, the process to get a copy of Aadhar card is much simpler. A copy of Aadhar card is considered as a valid Aadhar letter. By using the Aadhar number, originally the Unique Identification Number (UID), an individual can obtain the Aadhar card online.
When you apply for the Aadhar card, you are provided with an acknowledgment slip with reference details. The slip contains your basic details along with enrolment number and time stamp. You can either use the EID or UID to retrieve your E-Aadhar card.
Please follow the following steps to download and print your Aadhar card:
- Visit www.uidai.gov.in (the official website for Aadhar related services)
- View the section ‘Aadhar enrolment’ under ‘Aadhar online services’
- Click on ‘Download Aadhar’
- You will be redirected to https://eAadhar.uidai.gov.in/
- Depending on whether you have the EID or UID, select the appropriate option
- Enter your enrolment number/Aadhar number
- Enter your personal details, such as:
- Full name
- PIN code
- Mobile number
- Image captcha
- Click ‘Get One Time Password (OTP’
- You will receive the OTP on your mobile phone within few minutes
- Enter the OTP to validate your request and click download
- The Aadhar card will be downloaded in a PDF format
- You will need Adobe Reader to open the file
- The file can be opened by entering PIN code as password
Once you are able to view the Aadhar card, you can take a print copy of it and produce wherever required. Considering the fact that a copy of Aadhar card is acceptable as a valid proof, you won’t need to worry about the consequences of losing your card.
How to Download Aadhaar Card with Name and Date of Birth?
Once your Aadhaar is approved you don’t have to wait to receive it at your mailing address, you can directly download it online. One of the best ways to get your Aadhaar is by downloading it online. However, it’s necessary to have your Aadhaar enrolment number and Aadhaar card number to download it. In case you have lost your Aadhaar number and enrolment number, then you can download e-Aadhaar card with your name and date of birth.
- Firstly you will have to visit the UIDAI website.
- You will have to enter all the details like the full name, address, registered mobile number in the fields.
- Once you enter all the details, you will have to click on “get OTP” button. After the verification of your details from the UIDAI database, you will receive an OTP in the next few minutes.
- Enter the OTP and click on submit button. You will receive an email or SMS with the enrolment ID details once you click on the submit button.
- Once you receive the Aadhaar enrolment number, you can go to the e-Aadhaar page on the official UIDAI website.
- Click on “I Have” option and tick the enrolment Id option.
- Fill in your full name, Aadhaar enrolment number, and pincode.
- After this, you will have to enter the text shown in the image in the textbox.
- Do not forget to enter your mobile number next to the textbox and click on Get One Time Password.
- You will receive an OTP and enter that OTP.
- Once you complete all these steps click “done” button and just click on “validate and download” option and your process of downloading the Aadhaar number with name and date of birth is complete.
How To Download Aadhaar Card With Enrollment Number (EID)?
The acknowledgment slip contains vital details that will help you in obtaining your Aadhaard card. One of the most important information you will find is the enrollment number (EID) and time stamp. Using the EID and time stamp, you can download the Aadhaar card from the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)’s website. The steps you need to follow are listed below:
- Visit - www.uidai.gov.in
- Under the Aadhaar Online Services, select Download Aadhaar
- You will be redirected to e aadhaar web page
- Use your acknowledgment slip to enter your 14 digit EID and the time stamp
- Enter your name, pin code, mobile number and image captcha to generate an OTP
- The OTP will be sent your registered mobile number
- Enter the OPT to validate your request
- You Aadhaar card will be automatically downloaded to your computer
- Use your area pin code as password to open the PDF file
- The PDF file has your Aadhaar card that can be printed. The printed copy can be used as an original document.
If you do not have the acknowledgement slip or the enrollment details, you can refer to UIDAI’s website to retrieve lost EID. Here’s what you need to do:
- Visit - www.uidai.gov.in
- Under the Aadhaar Online Services, select Retrieve Lost ‘UID/EID’
- Make selection to receive your lost EID
- Enter your full name, email or mobile number, and security captcha to get an OTP
- You’ll receive an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Use the OTP to validate your request
- After OTP verification, you will be provided with your enrolment details
How to Print Aadhar Card?
Once you download the e-Aadhaar Card, you can print it. To print your card, you have to first open the downloaded file using the Acrobat Reader in pdf format. After the file is opened, you can print via CTRL+P (the shortcut for print command) or by clicking on the ‘Print’ option present on the ‘File’ menu of Acrobat Reader.
If you do not have a printer, you can copy the downloaded file on a pen drive and visit any cyber cafe or printing office and get the file printed.
The process of printing an original and a duplicate Aadhaar card online is the same. If you have lost your Aadhaar card, then you can print a duplicate card by following the steps mentioned above. If you do not remember your Aadhaar number and Enrolment ID, you can get it online on the website of UIDAI.