Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique identification number issued by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) for every Indian on behalf of the Indian Government. The Aadhaar card can be availed by every individual and it serves as both identification and residential proofs.
Once the enrolment process is completed successfully, people can download Aadhaar card with Aadhar number online and then print it for further use.
The process of Aadhaar card download via online is very simple. Applicants will need a computer and a stable internet connection for the same. To download the card, one will also need his/her enrollment no. or Aadhaar no.
People who want to get the digital copy of their Aadhaar might wonder how to download and print it. Mentioned below are the steps that one can follow to download the e-Aadhaar card easily.
How to Download by Aadhaar/Enrolment number?
- Visit the e-Aadhaar website.
- Choose ‘Enrolment ID’ or ‘Aadhaar’.
- Enter Aadhaar number or Enrolment ID and other details such as name, PIN code, mobile number, etc.
- Click on ‘Get One Time Password’.
- The OTP will be sent to the registered number of the applicant.
- Input the OTP and click on ‘Validate and Download’.
- The e-Aadhaar card will be downloaded..
To open the e-Aadhaar card, cardholders will have to enter a password as the file is password protected. This password will be an 8-character long code that has the first 4 letters of one’s name in CAPITALS as the first 4 characters combined with the 4-digit year of birth. It is important to remember that the name and birth year should be the same as the one declared by the applicant during Aadhaar registration.
How to Download Aadhar Card by Aadhaar Number
Aadhar card can easily be downloaded and printed by accessing the official website of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Unlike the PAN card or voter ID card, the process to get a copy of Aadhar card is much simpler. A digital copy of Aadhar card is considered as a valid Aadhar letter. By using the Aadhar number, originally the Unique Identification Number (UID), an individual can obtain the Aadhar card online.
When a resident apply for the Aadhar card, he/she is provided with an acknowledgment slip with reference details. The slip contains the basic details along with enrolment number and time stamp. One can either use the EID or UID to retrieve his/her E-Aadhar card.
Please follow the steps mentioned below to download and print Aadhar card:
- Visit www.uidai.gov.in (the official website for Aadhar related services)
- View the section ‘Aadhar enrolment’ under ‘Aadhar online services’
- Click on ‘Download Aadhar’
- Cardholders will be redirected to https://eAadhar.uidai.gov.in/
- Depending on whether one has the EID or UID, select the relevant option
- Enter the enrolment number/Aadhaar number
- Enter personal details, such as:
- Full name
- PIN code
- Mobile number
- Image captcha code
- Click ‘Get One Time Password (OTP’
- Aadhaar card holders will receive the OTP on their mobile phone within a few minutes
- Enter the OTP to validate the request and click download
- The Aadhar card will be downloaded in a PDF format
- Individuals will need Adobe Reader or any pdf-compatible software to open the file
- The file can be opened by entering the combination of first four letter of one’s name in CAPITAL and the birth year in YYYY format as password
Once the cardholder is able to view the Aadhar card, he/she can take a print copy of it and produce wherever required. Considering the fact that an e-copy of Aadhar card is acceptable as a valid proof, one no more needs to worry about the consequences of losing the physical card.
How to Download Aadhaar Card with Name and Date of Birth?
Once the Aadhaar is approved, applicants don’t have to wait to receive it at their mailing address. Instead, they can directly download it online. One of the best ways to get the Aadhaar is by downloading it online. However, it’s necessary to have the Aadhaar enrolment number and Aadhaar card number to download it. In case one has lost his/her Aadhaar number and enrolment number, then he/she can download e-Aadhaar card with one’s name and date of birth.
- Firstly applicants will have to visit the UIDAI website.
- They will have to enter all the details like the full name, address, registered mobile number in the fields.
- Once they enter all the details, applicants will have to click on the “Get OTP” button. After the verification of one’s details from the UIDAI database, he/she will receive an OTP in the next few minutes.
- Enter the OTP and click on submit button. The applicant will receive an email or SMS with the enrolment ID details once he/she clicks on the submit button.
- Once he/she receives the Aadhaar enrolment number, the individual can go to the e-Aadhaar page on the official UIDAI website.
- Click on “I Have” option and tick the enrolment ID option.
- Fill in the full name, Aadhaar enrolment number, and pincode.
- After this, the applicant will have to enter the text shown in the image in the textbox.
- Do not forget to enter the registered mobile number next to the textbox and click on Get One Time Password.
- The applicant will receive an OTP and has to enter that OTP.
- Once all these steps are complete click “done” button and just click on “validate and download” option and the process of downloading the Aadhaar number with name and date of birth is complete.
How to Download Aadhaar Card with Enrollment Number (EID)
The acknowledgment slip contains vital details that will help applicants in obtaining their Aadhaar card. One of the most important information they will find is the enrollment number (EID) and time stamp. Using the EID and time stamp, they can download the Aadhaar card from the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)’s website. The steps that are needed to follow are listed below:
- Visit - www.uidai.gov.in
- Under the Aadhaar Online Services, select Download Aadhaar
- Cardholders will be redirected to e aadhaar web page
- Use the acknowledgment slip to enter the 14 digit EID and the time stamp
- Enter name, pin code, mobile number and image captcha to generate an OTP
- The OTP will be sent the registered mobile number
- Enter the OPT to validate the request
- The e-Aadhaar card will be automatically downloaded to the cardholder’s computer
- Use the 8-character password as mentioned earlier to open the pdf file.
- The digital Aadhaar card downloaded and opened by name and birth year can now be printed. The printed copy can be used as an original document.
If applicants do not have the acknowledgement slip or the enrollment details, they can refer to UIDAI’s website to retrieve lost EID. Here’s what they need to do:
- Visit - www.uidai.gov.in
- Under the Aadhaar Online Services, select Retrieve Lost ‘UID/EID’
- Make selection to receive the lost EID
- Enter full name, email or mobile number, and security captcha to get an OTP
- Applicants will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number
- Use the OTP to validate the request
- After OTP verification, they will be provided with the enrolment details
How to Print Aadhar Card?
Once the cardholder has downloaded the Aadhaar Card online with Aadhaar number or enrolment no, he/she can print it. To print one’s card, he/she have to first open the downloaded file using the Acrobat Reader in pdf format. After the file is opened, one can print via CTRL+P (the shortcut for print command) or by clicking on the ‘Print’ option present on the ‘File’ menu of Acrobat Reader.
If the cardholder does not have a printer, he/she can copy the downloaded file on a pen drive and visit any cyber cafe or printing office and get the file printed.
The process of printing an original and a duplicate Aadhaar card online is the same. If a cardholder has lost his/her Aadhaar card, then he/she can print a duplicate card by following the steps mentioned above. If he/she does not remember the Aadhaar number and Enrolment ID, it can be retrieved online on the website of UIDAI.
Best Credit Cards for you