The Indian government has taken an initiative to ensure that all individuals with an Aadhaar card must have them linked to their personal bank accounts. The subsidy schemes implemented in recent times require your Aadhar number to be linked to your bank account, as it makes it easier to directly transfer amounts to your account.
If you own an SBI Bank account, you can link the Aadhaar with SBI bank account through SBI’s mobile app, SBI ATMs, internet banking, customer service points or by visiting the SBI branch.
SBI-Aadhar Link in 6 simple Steps via Offline Mode
Prior to commencing the process of linking your Aadhar Card to the SBI bank account, you must have few documents ready with you, including the original copy, the photocopy of your Aadhaar Card, and SBI passbook. Follow the steps to complete the linking:
Step 1: Download the SBI Aadhaar Card linking form from the SBI’s website
Step 2: Fill in the form by entering the name and address of your branch, your account number, your name and address, and Aadhaar / UID number, as printed on the Aadhaar Card
Step 3: Submit the form along with a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card in your respective SBI branch
Step 4: The official at the bank will accept the original Aadhaar Card to commence the verification process
Step 5: Once the details match, the bank will process your application
Step 6: As soon as your application gets granted, you will receive a notification from the bank stating that your Aadhaar Card has been successfully linked to your SBI account
How to link Aadhar with SBI bank account online?
To link your Aadhaar Card to your SBI Bank Account, you will require access to internet banking. Below mentioned are the few simple steps that will guide you through to complete the Aadhar SBI linking, from the comforts of your home:
Step 1: The first step is to visit the SBI official website – www.onlinesbi.com
Step 2: Login to your SBI Internet Banking account
Step 3: Under “My Accounts” section that appears on the left portion of the screen, select “Link Your Aadhaar number”
Step 4: Type the UAN number and cross check the 12-digit number
Step 5: Click on “Submit”
Step 6: On doing this, the last two digits of the phone number gets flashed on the screen
Step 7: Once the process completes, the SBI account holder will receive a confirmation message on the Aadhaar registered mobile number
5 Steps to Link Aadhar Card to SBI Bank Account by Visiting the Branch Office:
Aadhaar card can be linked to a SBI account by visiting the branch office. Follow the below mentioned steps to complete the seeding process:
Step 1: Go to your nearest SBI branch office
Step 2: Don’t forget to carry a copy of Aadhaar card
Step 3: You will have to submit a “Letter of Request” and Aadhar card copy
Step 4: The branch official verifies all the information provided
Step 5: Once the verification is done, a confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number
SBI Aadhaar Card Linking through SMS
It is one of the easiest way to link a bank account to Aadhar number. Given below are the steps that will help you complete the seeding process:
- Type “UID Aadhaar Number (space) account number” on the keypad of your mobile phone
- From the registered phone number, send the SMS to 567676
- You will receive a confirmation message, once the process is successful
Aadhaar and SBI Account Linking in SBI ATMs
For the convenience of an account holder, state bank of India also offers Aadhar and SBI linking by visiting the nearest ATM. Below mentioned are the 6 simple steps to link Aadhaar-SBI account:
- Visit the nearest SBI ATM
- Swipe your Card and then enter your PIN number
- Under the “Service” tab, select the “Registration” option
- Select Aadhaar registration and account type
- You need to enter your Aadhaar number twice
- On completing this process, the Aadhaar and SBI account gets linked
FAQs on SBI and Aadhaar Card Linking
- What will be the consequences if my SBI account is not linked to the Aadhaar number?
- What is the last date to link a SBI account with Aadhaar number?
- If the SMS linking process fails, what are the impacts?
The State bank of India has decided to freeze the accounts that are not linked to Aadhar number.
The last date to complete the linking is 31 December 2017.
In such case, you will immediately receive a SMS that mentions you to visit the nearest branch and submit the letter of request along with a photocopy of Aadhar card to complete the seeding process.
Linking To Aadhar With Other Banks
- PNB Link Aadhar Card
- Indian Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Canara Bank Link Aadhar Card
- ICICI Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Union Bank Of India Link Aadhaar Card
- Axis Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- HDFC Bank Link Aadhar Card
- United Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Dena Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card Link To Vijaya Bank
- Bank Of Maharashtra Link Aadhaar Card
- Corporation Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- Andhra Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- IOB Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Allahabad Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce Link Aadhaar Card
- UCO Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Syndicate Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Central Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Citibank Link Aadhaar Card Online
- Bank Of Baroda Link Aadhaar Card
- Link Aadhaar Card With Kotak Mahindra Bank
- IDBI Bank Link Aadhar Card