Your SBI debit card at a glance!
- Shop at over 5 lakh merchant outlets in India with your SBI debit card.
- Assured rewards from State Bank of India’s Debit Card Loyalty Program.
- Use your SBI debit cards to book movie tickets and pay utility bills on a completely secure platform.
- Complimentary insurance coverage for the debit card holder.
As a premier financial institution, State Bank of India was originally established in 1808 as ‘Bank of Calcutta’. Today, the bank holds the distinction of being the largest public sector bank in the country along with being a Fortune 500 company. SBI offers a wide spectrum of banking services and products comprising of personal banking, agricultural banking, NRI services, international banking and corporate services to a diverse clientele. With the personal banking portfolio forming the crux of SBI’s banking operations, it offers an eclectic selection of debit cards suiting every individual’s requirement. State Bank of India debit cards can be used to transact at over 1 lakh ATMs and customers are entitled to 5 free ATM transactions every month. State Bank also provides e-banking services on secure platforms and online card transactions can be made on merchant websites that have subscribed to Verified by Visa (VbV) or MasterCard SecureCode services.
Types of SBI Debit Cards
With a State Bank Classic debit card you can enjoy benefits like cashless transactions, easy account access, bill payment options, rewards redemption program and purchases at various merchant outlets across India. The State Bank Classic debit card can be used to withdraw cash from SBI ATMs or from any other bank’s ATM in India. The daily cash withdrawal limit at any ATM is set between a minimum amount of Rs 100/- up to a maximum of Rs 40000/-. At Point of Sale terminals, customers can purchase up to a maximum of Rs 50,000/- using their State Bank Classic debit cards.
State Bank Silver International Debit Card
Access your bank account from any corner of the globe, purchase at over 30 million outlets worldwide, make payments or withdraw cash without any hassles with a State Bank Silver International Debit Card. Double your rewards points with three consecutive purchase transactions on your State Bank Silver International Debit Card in a quarter.
State Bank Global International Debit Card
The State Bank Global International Debit Card offers complete protection against fraudulent transactions as it comes with an embedded EMV chip. Enjoy cashless shopping worldwide, earning unlimited Freedom Rewardz points on all your debit card purchases. With three continuous purchase transactions, customers can double their reward points earned in a quarter.
State Bank Gold International Debit Card
With a high purchase transaction limit of Rs 200,000/-, the State Bank Gold International Debit Card offers maximum flexibility while doing Point of Sale and online transactions. The card also provides complimentary life insurance coverage of up to Rs 2 lakhs to the primary debit card holder. Additionally the card comes with purchase protection insurance for theft or damage of up to Rs 5000/- for a period of 90 days from the date of purchase.
As a Platinum member of SBI, purchase goods, book tickets, pay bills, and perform online transactions conveniently with your State Bank Platinum International Debit Card. Triple your reward points earned in a quarter with three successive purchase transactions done on a State Bank Platinum International Debit Card. Platinum debit card members are provided with free life insurance coverage up to Rs 5 lakhs along with purchase protection insurance of up to Rs 50,000/- valid up to a period of 90 days from the date of purchase.
Commuting on the Mumbai Metro just got easier with the State Bank Mumbai Metro Combo Card doubling up as a payment cum access card with a ton of benefits. The card saves time for commuters, eliminating the need to stand in ticketing queues at Mumbai Metro Stations. The card also works as a shopping card allowing a user to make online purchases, payments and cash withdrawals in India and across the globe.
Introduced as a chip based contactless card, the sbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card is a one-of-a-kind card from SBI and users can make quick payments by just tapping their debit cards at over 10 lakh merchant locations which accept contactless payments. Enabling users to transact faster, this card can be used to make online payments, shop and withdraw cash in India and across the globe.
The State Bank Business debit card is an entrepreneur’s best friend and has been designed to meet the business requirements of SBI’s commercial banking customers. Customers can keep track of their business expenses, make payments, book tickets for business travel, pay business utility bills and buy business essentials with their EMV chip based business debit cards.
Offered a business card, the State Bank Pride debit card caters to self-employed individuals with high cash withdrawal limits of up to Rs 100,000/- per day and purchase transaction limits of up to Rs 200,000/- per day. Card holders also have the option of depositing cash at an SBI cash deposit machine with a daily limit of Rs 49,900/-.
As premium card holders, SBI customers are entitled to daily cash limits of up to Rs. 2, 00,000 and e-commerce transaction limits of up to Rs. 5, 00,000 per day. The card also comes with life insurance coverage of up to Rs 5 lakhs and purchase protection insurance up to Rs 50,000/- for the primary card holder.
Requesting a new debit card from SBI
In cases where an SBI customer’s debit card is stolen or misplaced, the first plan of action should be to block the card. After the card has been successfully blocked, the customer should request for the issuance of a new card. A request for a new card can be made in one of the four ways listed below:
A request for a new debit card can be made from the SBI internet banking website. The procedure is as follows:
- Login to the SBI internet banking website.
- Click on the tab titled ‘e-Services’.
- Select the option titled ‘ATM card services’.
- From the list of options provided, click on the option titled ‘Request ATM/debit card’.
- The request will have to be authenticated with internet banking credentials and OTP sent to the registered mobile number.
Once the request has been successfully placed, the customer is notified of the duration that it would take for the card to be delivered. The steps mentioned above are also applicable when making a request for a new debit card on the SBI mobile banking app.
The customer can file a written request for a new debit card and email it to the SBI customer care email ID.
If the procedure mentioned above is unsuccessful, the customer can call the bank’s 24-hour customer care helpline and make a request for a new debit card.
Benefits of holding a State Bank of India debit card
- With a vast network of 43,000+ ATMs across India, State Bank customers can easily access their banking accounts and conveniently perform transactions free of cost. This facility extends to any ATM belonging to the State Bank Group as well as associate banks (e.g.- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Hyderabad, etc.)
- Customers can use their SBI debit cards to withdraw cash, make payments, place requests for credit instruments and also open term deposits at any SBI ATM.
- State Bank of India debit cards come with additional levels of security for online transactions provided by ‘3D Secure’, a secure service introduced by the State Bank Group in collaboration with Visa and MasterCard.
Quick tips to use your State Bank debit card
- Customers are advised to always sign on the back of their SBI debit cards, enabling merchants to validate the customer’s signature, if required.
- SBI customers should make use of the hot listing facility immediately in cases of theft or loss of debit cards to avoid fraudulent activity.
- As a measure of safety, SBI customers should never disclose their debit card and PIN details to anyone or at any unprotected website.
FreedomRewardz - State Bank of India’s Debit Card Loyalty Program
Get rewarded when you shop for a product or pay for a service with FreedomRewardz, the debit card loyalty program from State Bank of India. All SBI debit card holders are pre-registered into this program and are eligible to accrue FreedomPoints on all their transactions.
- For every Rs 200/- spent on shopping, dining, fuel or travel, customers can earn 1 FreedomPoint or reward point.
- Earn 50 bonus points on your first purchase transaction within one month of card issue.
- Earn 50 additional points on your second purchase and 100 bonus points on your third purchase transaction within a period of one month.
Depending on the type of SBI debit card, customers can double or triple their FreedomPoints earned from three transactions in a quarter. Customers can accumulate Freedom rewards points and redeemed within a period of 36 months for exciting gifts, merchandise and services from SBI.
SBI debit card offers
- State Bank Smart Shoppe is an exclusive online marketplace introduced by State Bank of India in collaboration with MasterCard with exciting offers from retail merchants across India.
- The ‘Shop Big Gain Big’ festive offer from State Bank provides an opportunity for SBI customers to win attractive products hourly and weekly for every debit card usage.
- SBI offers special discounts on jewelry purchases at various merchant outlets on the auspicious occasion of Akshaya Tritiya.
Check Related info about SBI debit card offers
State Bank Rewardz for Debit Cards
The State Bank Rewardz is a loyalty program offered by the State Bank of India, that gives reward points to customers for various transactions. Cardholders can redeem the points and pay for a wide range of products and services at a discounted rate. All customers are pre-enrolled for the SBI Rewardz program. Customers will have single membership, irrespective of the number or type of accounts they maintain. SBI debit card customers can earn 1 reward point for every purchase above Rs.200. Also, the bank has a large number of partner brands that provide extra discounts and points for swiping the card.
Customers will earn 50 reward points for making purchases using the debit card within a month of its issue. For the second transaction made during the same month, they will receive another 50 reward points. And if three transactions are made during the first month, the total bonus points accumulated with be 200, ie., the third transaction will attract 100 reward points.
Quarterly transaction bonus
If you carry out a minimum of 3 transactions after the first month of issuance of your card, then the reward points earned during that period will be doubled for all debit cards other than Platinum. For Platinum cardholders the reward points will be tripled. These rewards are applicable for all customers of the State Bank of India.
Verified by Visa/Mastercard
Getting verified with Visa/Mastercard is an enhanced protection service that keeps all your online transactions secure. The service is enabled with personal password which you need to key in while making online purchases. It replicates the same physical model of transaction where you enter your PIN while checking out at billing counters or while withdrawing cash. This service gives you the same level of security assurance and reliability as that of physical transactions at ATM counters or POS terminals. It also protects you from unauthorized purchases even before you initiate the payment process. All that is required for getting verified with Visa/Mastercard is a unique password for all your online transactions.
Changing the Limits on SBI Debit Cards
SBI has made a number of updates to the services that customers can avail through the bank’s internet banking facilities. One of these services is changing the limits on his/her debit card. The following are the steps change the withdrawal and purchase limits:
- Login to SBI’s internet banking website.
- Click on the ‘e-Services’ tab.
- Select the ‘ATM Card Services’ option from the list of services.
- Click on the option titled ‘ATM Card Limit/Channel/Usage Change’.
- Choose the card number and select ‘Change Daily Limit’ from the drop-down menu.
- The limit can be set for either ATM withdrawal or point of sale purchases.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The change is made instantly once the details are submitted.
Blocking an SBI Debit Card
When an account holder’s debit card is stolen or misplaced, the first thing that they should do is block the card. The following are the methods and steps to block an SBI debit card:
SBI Toll-Free Number
SBI has a toll-free customer care number that is accessible 24/7. The request to block the debit card is accepted after the customer provides details such as their name, date of birth, address, and account number. After the card is blocked, the customer is provided with a ticket number. The ticket number should be provided to the bank branch to make a note of the loss of the card.
SBI account holders can block their debit card by sending the following SMS to 567676 from their registered mobile number: <Block> <space> <last 4 digits of card number>.
SBI’s internet banking services can also be used to block a debit card that is lost or stolen. The following are the steps to block a debit card online:
- Login to the SBI internet banking website.
- Click on the ‘e-Services’ tab on the dashboard.
- From the drop-down list, select ‘ATM Card Services’, followed by ‘Block ATM Card’.
- Select the ATM Card that is to be blocked.
- Choose the reason for blocking the card—lost or stolen—from the drop-down menu, followed by the ‘Submit’ button.
- Choose OTP as the method of authentication, enter the OTP sent to the registered mobile number through SMS, and click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- When the card is successfully blocked, a ticket number will be sent for future reference.
SBI Service Charge Revision (Modifications and Additions effective on and from June 1, 2017)
|Service Charge Description||Rate (Revised)|
|Charges for IMPS transfer of funds via INB, MB, OPI or USSD|
|More than Rs.2 lakh and up to Rs.5 lakh||Rs.25 + GST|
|More than Rs.1 lakh and up to Rs.2 lakh||Rs.15 + GST|
|Up to Rs.1 lakh||Rs.5 + GST|
|Service Charges for the exchange of Imperfect or Soiled Notes|
|Value up to Rs.5,000 and up to 20 pieces||Nil|
|Above 20 pieces and/or value above Rs.5,000|
|When the value is more than Rs.5,000||Rs.2 for every piece or Rs.5 for 1000 along with GST, whichever is more on the entire tender.|
|Above 20 pieces||Rs.2 for every piece on the entire tender along with GST.|
|Example: Rs.500 (25 pieces) is equal to Rs.12,500 Charges Rs.2 for every piece: Rs.50 + GST Charges at the rate of Rs.5 for every Rs.1000: Rs.62.50 + GST Amount that is chargeable is equal to Rs.62.50 + GST|
|Service charges for the BSBD (Basic Savings Bank Deposit) accounts|
4 withdrawals in 1 month free of charges. This includes ATM withdrawals too. After the 4 withdrawals are complete:
|ATM Card issuance||The RuPay Classic card is the only card that comes free of cost.|
|Cheque Book issuance||Cheque Book with 50 leaves – Rs.150 + GST. Cheque Book with 25 leaves – Rs.75 + GST. Cheque Book with 10 leaves – Rs.30 + GST.|
|Applicable for the SBI Buddy Wallet customers|
|Service Charges for State Bank Buddy|
|Cash withdrawal from the Wallet Balance vis BC (Business Correspondent) – up to Rs.2,000 in multiples of Rs.100||2.50% of the transaction value (Minimum amount of Rs.6) + GST.|
|Cash deposit in to the Wallet via BC (Business Correspondent)||0.25% of the total transaction value (Minimum of Rs.2 and Maximum of Rs.8) + GST.|
|Cash withdrawal from the Wallet Balance vis ATM||Rs.25 for every transaction.|
FAQs for State Bank of India Debit Cards
Does SBI have a daily ATM withdrawal limit for debit cards?
Yes, State Bank has a daily withdrawal limit of Rs 40,000/- for Classic Debit Cards and up to Rs 1 lakh for all other SBI debit cards.
What are the different ATM services that can be performed using my State Bank of India Debit Card?
Customers can withdraw cash, change PIN, check account balance, get mini statements, pay bills, place request for cheque books and also open term deposits using their State Bank of India debit cards.
What type of debit cards are accepted at State Bank ATMs?
Debit cards issued by any bank bearing Maestro, Cirrus, Visa, MasterCard and Visa Electron logos can be used at State Bank ATMs.
How are online transactions secured by SBI?
SBI provides a secure platform to perform online debit card transactions using the Verified by Visa (VbV) and the MasterCard SecureCode services.
How does the mini statement feature available in a State Bank of India ATM help customers?
Customers can keep track of the transactions done using their State Bank of India debit card using the mini statement feature. The statement gives customers an insight into their last 10 transactions.
- Debit Cards Vs Credit Cards
- Debit Cards for Fuel
- Debit Cards for Online Shopping
- Prepaid Cards for International Travel
- Debit Cards for Movie Tickets
- Debit Cards for Students
- International Debit Cards
- Debit Cards for Shopping
- Debit Cards for Restaurants
- Debit Cards for EMI
- New ATM Transaction Charges Rupay Debit Card Prepaid Card International Debit Card
- SBI Education Loan
- SBI Savings Account
- SBI Credit Card
- State Bank of India Personal Loan
- State Bank of India Car Loan
- SBI Car Loan Interest Rates
- SBI Car Loan Eligibility Calculator
- State Bank of India Used Car Loan
- SBI RD Interest Rate
- SBI Fixed Deposit Rates
- State Bank of India Home Loan
- SBI Health Insurance
- SBI IFSC Code
- SBI Two Wheeler Loan
- SBI Saving Account Interest Rate
- Zero Balance Account
- Best Bank in India
- Savings Account Interest Rate
- HDFC Saving Account
- High Interest Savings Accounts
- Axis Bank Minimum Balance
- PNB Saving Account Interest Rate
- ICICI Bank Minimum Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Net Banking
- Citibank Savings Account
- Yes Bank Saving Account
- RBL Bank Account Opening
- Kotak Saving Account
- Andhra Bank Online Account Opening