SBI the largest public sector bank in the country has more than 15,000 branches and has a broad portfolio of products and services. SBI has 5 associate banks namely, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala, and State Bank of Travancore. The powerful infrastructure of SBI safeguards the banking services of all the 15,000 branches in India.
SBI has a highly secure internet banking portal known as OnlineSBI which provides online services to both retail and corporate customers. The application has been supported with the latest technology software and hardware. Some of the main advantages of SBI Net Banking are:
- Account statements can be generated online.
- Funds can be transferred easily.
- Tax payments can be made.
- Bill can be paid easily.
Steps to Register SBI Net Banking
Before SBI customers can register or activate SBI Netbanking, the below-mentioned conditions must be met:
- Joint account holders must visit the bank in order to avail this facility and they cannot register online.
- The individual’s mobile number must be linked with their account.
- The individual must have a valid ATM card.
- The individual must not have applied for this facility at the bank branch.
Given below is the step-by-step procedure for SBI customers to register or activate SBI Net Banking:
- First, individuals must visit the official internet banking website of SBI (https://www.onlinesbi.com/).
- Next, the individual must click on ‘New User Registration/Activation’. A pop up will come up on screen to make sure that the individual has not received an Internet Banking kit. Now, the individual must click on ‘Ok’.
- Next, a new screen will open. Since it is a first-time registration, the individual must select ‘New User Registration’ from the down-down menu and click on ‘Next’.
- Once the above step is complete, a new page will appear. Relevant details such as account number, CIF Number, branch code, country, registered mobile number, Facility Required, and captcha code must be filled.
- Details such as the branch code, CIF number, and account number can be found on the first page of the passbook. In case the individual cannot find his/her branch code, the ‘Get Branch Code’ option can be used. The individual must enter the state and location to get to know the branch code. Under the ‘Facility Required’ option, the three options that the individual must choose from are view, limited transactions, and full transactions right.
- Once all the above details have been entered, the individual must click on ‘Submit’.
- On completion of the above step, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number that is linked to the bank account. Once the OTP is entered, click on ‘Confirm’.
- Next, the individual must select ‘I have my ATM card (Online registration without branch visit)’ option and click on ‘Submit’. Next, the individual must enter the ATM card details and the captcha code. Click on ‘Submit’ once all the details have been entered.
- Once the above step is completed, a temporary username will come up on the screen. The individual must also create a new password. The new password details must be entered twice. It is vital that the individual makes a note of the temporary username. Once all the details have been filled, click on ‘Submit’.
The password that the individual creates must be 8 characters long and must have a special character, one number, and at least one upper- and lower-case alphabets.
- Next, you will need to log in to your net banking services after an hour. Next, the individual must create a username as per his/her choice. Once the username is created, the individual must accept the terms and conditions and click on ‘Submit’.
- Next, the individual must create a profile password and a login password. However, both passwords cannot be the same. Once the profile password is created, the individual must choose a secret question from the options that have been provided. The secret question will help the individual create a new password in case he/she forgets the password.
- Next, the individuals must enter his/her place of birth, country of birth, and the mobile number that is registered with SBI.
Once the above details have been entered, click on ‘Submit’. The individual will be able to use OnlineSBI once the details have been saved.
SBI Net Banking Login
The process to login to SBI Internet Banking is mentioned below:
- Step 1: First, the individual must visit the official website of OnlineSBI https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm
- Step 2: On the next page, the individual must click on ‘Continue to Login’.
- Step 3: On the next page, the individual must enter his/her username and password details and click on ‘Login’ to view all bank details.
How to Check Balance via SBI Net Banking?
SBI customers will be allowed to check the balance only once they have completed the process of registering for OnlineSBI. Once individuals have completed the registration process, they can visit the official website of OnlineSBI (https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm) and click on ‘Login’ to view their bank details. Apart from viewing their bank details, individuals will be able to check if they are eligible for any loans, transfer funds, etc.
How to Transfer Money by using SBI Net Banking?
In order for individuals to transfer money via OnlineSBI, they must first add the person who they are transferring the money to as a beneficiary. The addition of a beneficiary is a one-time process and once the beneficiary is added successfully, the SBI account holder can transfer funds at any given time. In order to add the person as a beneficiary, the SBI account holder will need the individual’s IFSC code, account number, and name.
SBI account holders can transfer funds from their bank to a different bank as well to another SBI account.
The step-by-step process to transfer money is mentioned below:
- First, the individual will need to login to his/her OnlineSBI portal.
- Next, the individual must click on ‘Other Bank Transfer’ which can be found under the ‘Payments/Transfer’ tab. In case of another SBI account, the relevant option can be chosen.
- On the next page, the individual must choose the type of transaction he/she would like to make.
- Once the individual chooses the relevant option, click on ‘Proceed’.
- On the next page, the individual must select the account from which the funds must be transferred.
- Next, the amount and purpose of the transfer must be entered.
- Next, the individual must choose the beneficiary account to which the money must be transferred.
- Next, the individual can choose when the transfer must take place from the options that have been provided.
- Once all the above details have been filled, the individual must check the terms and conditions box and click on ‘Submit’.
- On the next page, the individual must verify all the details and click on ‘Confirm’.
- On the next page, the individual must enter the high-security password that has been sent to the registered mobile number. Once the password has been entered, the individual must click on ‘Confirm’.
- On completion of the above step, a confirmation message will appear on the screen.
What are the OnlineSBI Transaction Limits?
Given in the table below are the transaction limits and charges under SBI:
|Type of transaction||Per day limit (Rs.)||Overall limit on a daily basis (Rs.)||Overall category limit under EasyPIN (Rs.)||Overall daily limits for individuals under EasyPIN (Rs.)||Charges (Rs.)|
|Transfer within Self Accounts||2,00,00,000||2,00,00,000||1,00,000||1,00,000||No charges|
|Third party transfer||10,00,000||10,00,000||1,00,000||1,00,000||No charges|
|Inter Bank Transfer – NEFT||10,00,000||10,00,000||1,00,000||1,00,000||
|Inter Bank Transfer – RTGS||10,00,000||10,00,000||1,00,000||Since the minimum amount is Rs.2,00,000, this option is not applicable.||
|IMPS||2,00,000 is the limit per transaction and overall transaction in a day||10,00,000||1,00,000||1,00,000||
Credit Card Bill Payment via SBI Net Banking
In order for individuals to pay their credits via OnlineSBI, they need to register for the services. Only once the registration process is complete, individuals will be able to make payments online. Individuals can also link their credit card to the OnlineSBI account once they complete logging in to their portal. However, individuals will need to use their ATM pin in order to link the credit card to their account.
Individuals can access various details of their credit card such as unbilled transactions, transaction history, and statement can be viewed on the portal. The step-by-step procedure to make credit card payments on OnlineSBI is mentioned below:
- First, the individual must log in to the OnlineSBI portal (https://www.onlinesbi.com/).
- Next, the individual must click on ‘Bill Payment’. Next, click on ‘Manage Biller’.
- On the next page, the individual must select the ‘Add’ option and choose the biller as ‘SBI Cards and Payment Services Pvt. Ltd.’
- On the next page, the registration process must be completed by entering the name and credit card details. Click on ‘Submit’ once the details have been entered.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Once the OTP is entered, the registration of the credit card is complete.
- Next, the individual must click on ‘View/Pay Bills’ and then click on ‘Without Bills’.
- Next, the biller must be selected as ‘SBI Card’. Click on ‘Pay’ next.
- On the next page, the individual must choose the SBI account number from where the funds must be transferred.
- Next, the amount of money that is to be paid must be entered. Once all the details have been entered, the individual must click on ‘Pay Now’. Next, the individual must click on ‘Submit’ to complete the process of paying the credit card bill.
How to Reset the Forgot Password?
The step-by-step procedure that must be followed in case individuals want to reset the forgot password is mentioned below:
- Initially, individuals must visit https://www.onlinesbi.com/.
- Next, individuals must click on ‘Login’ which is present under ‘Personal Banking’.
- On the next page, the individual must click on ‘Continue to Login’.
- Next, the individual must click on ‘Forgot Login Password’.
- A new page will appear, where the individual must select ‘Forgot My Login Password’ from the drop-down menu. The individual must click on ‘Next’ once the option is selected.
- On the next page, the individual must provide relevant details such as username, account number, country, mobile number, date of birth, and the captcha details.
- Click on ‘Submit’ once all the details have been entered.
- Next, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number of the individual.
- The individual must enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’.
- On the next page, the individual can reset the password.
The internet banking service of SBI allows customers to perform a wide range of activities online, but at the same time it ensures that they transact over a secure medium. SBI online platform offers the greatest level of security available for internet transactions using an SSL encrypted medium (minimum of 128-bit to maximum of 256-bit SSL tunnel). EV SSL certificate is an evidence to the fact the SBI’s servers shield you from all malicious attacks and unauthorized websites and encrypts each and every session. Here are some of its features:
- VeriSign one of the world’s leading internet certification authority provides the certification for SBI
- Search for the padlock symbol in the address bar or status bar to verify the security certificate. The padlock symbol won’t be locate outside of the page display area
- Clicking the padlock will display the VeriSign Certificate attesting the authenticity of SBI’s website
Customers too have a role to play in securing their online transactions. Here’s are three important things you can do to safeguard your transactions:
- Never share your password with anyone
- Keep in mind that bank officials will never contact your for account related information
- Set a strong password and change it at regular intervals
Each SBI customer is issued with a unique User ID and password which is generated in way that the details are only known to them. It is protected from unauthorized entry or viewing in a number of ways as follows:
- Your account gets locked if wrong password has been entered three consecutive times
- Your account gets logged out if you leave your session idle for an extended period of time. For example 5 minutes
Retail Internet Banking of SBI
The Retail SBI Net Banking service of the bank offers an unending list of services to cater to the customer needs. Listed below are some of the prime services offered by the Retail Internet Banking segment of SBI:
- Allows one to transfer funds
- Offers a suite of investment options such as fixed, flexi, recurring deposits etc.
- Book an air, rail or, bus ticket online
- Book a hotel
- Online shopping
- Allows instant recharges
- Western Union Service
- Filing e-tax
- DEMAT and IPO services
- Setup standing instructions, and
- Other value added services
Corporate Internet Banking of SBI
SBI also offers corporate banking services through its web portal OnlineSBI. The service allows corporate customers to perform banking activities anytime as per their convenience. The following options come along with the Corporate Net Banking service of the SBI:
- Convenience banking which allows you to operate your account sitting anywhere
- It engages a checker model to make transactions fully secure
- You can transact using the portal 24x7
- It saves your time and cost
- Allows you to pay your bills and taxes
- Comes with a file upload facility
- Transfer money to SBI accounts
- Transfer money to other banks accounts
- Make online payments to registered suppliers
- Collect and remit fees
- Easy reconciliation
- Apply to IPOs online
SBI Net Banking FAQs
- Who can opt for Corporate Internet Banking?
- What is extended validation SSL certificate?
- Why is there a need to implement SSL certificates?
- What are the key features of Corporate Internet Banking?
All non-individual customers of the bank including firms, non-agency banks, government departments, trusts, corporations, enterprises, and the like can avail the Corporate Internet Banking service of SBI.
Extended Validation Secure Sockets Layer certificates run on high security web browsers to detect a website’s identity. It helps you identify which website is genuine and which one is not.
It prevents a customer from malicious or suspicious activities on the internet and improves security to a great extent.
- Allows tax payments
- Online EPF payments
- Supplier payments
- MIS reports generation
- Salary payments
Yes, all associate banks offer the Retail Internet Banking service.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services July 1,2017 onwards.
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- Steps to Develop a Healthy Saving Habit
- Which Type of Account Is Usually the Most Liquid?
- Does Your Returns Get Affected by Auto Sweep Accounts?
- Banking Mistakes You Cannot Afford to Make
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- NRE Savings Account v/s NRO Savings Account
- Should I Go for One Bank or Many When it Comes to Keeping my Accounts
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account – Things To Remember
- Savings Bank Accounts v/s Current Accounts
- Top 7 Smart Money Saving Tips
- Top 8 Money Management Tips Even During Job Loss