With HDFC Net Banking, customers can easily perform more than 200 banking transactions like checking account balance, transferring money online, opening a new account, requesting for a cheque book, opening a Fixed / Recurring deposit, download their account statement, pay various kinds of utility bills, recharge their mobile phones or dish TV connections, etc.
HDFC Netbanking Registeration Process
HDFC has made it very convenient for customers to register for the online banking service. Customers can register online, via an ATM, via Phone Banking or download the form for the same. Procedures for each channel are described below:
Register HDFC Netbanking Online
Only resident and non-resident individuals who have an active mobile number will be able to avail the net banking facility. The step-by-step procedure to activate internet banking services is mentioned below:
- First, you must visit HDFC Bank’s netbanking page (https://www.hdfcbank.com/assets/popuppages/netbanking.htm).
- At the bottom of the page, you will find ‘Register’, click on it.
- On the next page, you must enter the Customer ID and click on ‘Go’.
- Next, you must confirm the mobile number that is registered to your account.
- Next, you must enter the OTP that you have received on the registered mobile number.
- Next, you must select and fill up the relevant Debit Card details.
- On the next page, you will be able to set the IPIN.
- You will be able to use the Customer ID and the new IPIN to access netbanking.
Register HDFC Phone Banking
- You must call the HDFC Phone Banking number provided for your city. You will be asked to enter your Customer ID and HDFC Debit Card + PIN / Telephone Identification Number (TIN).
- The HDFC Phone Banking representative will record your NetBanking registration request and initiate the process.
- Your NetBanking IPIN will be couriered to your registered mailing address within 5 working days.
Register HDFC Internet Banking via Form
- Visit the HDFC NetBanking website and download the NetBanking registration form – corporate or individual as is applicable.
- Fill out the form completely and submit the same at any HDFC Bank branch.
- Your request will be registered and the IPIN will be couriered to your registered mailing address.
Register HDFC Netbanking via ATM
- Go to any HDFC Bank ATM.
- Input your HDFC Bank Debit Card number along with your ATM PIN.
- From the main screen, tap on 'Other Option'.
- Now, tap on 'NetBanking Registration' and confirm the action upon being prompted.
- Your NetBanking request will be registered and the IPIN will be couriered to your registered mailing address.
Reset HDFC Netbanking Forgot Password
The step-by-step procedure to reset the HDFC Netbanking password is mentioned below:
- Visit HDFC Bank’s net banking website.
- Click on ‘Forgot IPIN (Password)?’.
- Enter your User ID or Customer ID and click on ‘Go’.
Next, you must select from one of the two options mentioned below:
- OTP on registered mobile number and Debit Card details (PIN and expiry date)
- OTP sent to your registered mobile number and email ID (not applicable for Resident senior citizen customers)
- Once the above step is complete, you must enter the relevant details.
- Next, you must set the new IPIN.
- Next, you will be able to login with the User ID and new IPIN.
Check HDFC Balance
The step-by-step procedure to check HDFC Bank balance is mentioned below:
- Login to HDFC Bank’s net banking portal.
- Next, Click on ‘Accounts’.
- On the next page, click on ‘Account Summary’.
- Once the above step is complete, various accounts will be displayed on the screen.
- On selecting the relevant account, you will be able to access details and bank balance of the account.
Transfer of Funds on the HDFC Online Banking Portal
HDFC Bank customers will be able to transfer money to their own accounts as well as make third-party transfers on the net banking portal. Third-party transfers can be completed once the HDFC Bank customer completes the login procedure to his internet banking portal and clicks on ‘Funds Transfer’. On the next page, you must choose the relevant option to complete the transfer.
The different ways by which third-party transfers can be completed are mentioned below:
- Visa CardPay: You will be able to transfer funds from your account to any Visa Credit Card across India. However, the credit card account must be added as a beneficiary and the amount will be transferred within 2 working days.
- Online Merchant payment option can be used for the transfer of funds. However, tax payments, mutual fund payments, and payments towards stock brokers cannot be made using this option.
- Immediate Payment Service (IMPS): Funds can be transferred immediately via IMPS. Funds can also be transferred to other HDFC accounts as well as to accounts from other banks. You will be able to transfer money via IMPS on bank holidays as well.
- Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS): Under this facility, funds will be paid to the beneficiary’s bank within RBI’s stipulated time. However, the account where the funds are being added to must be added as a beneficiary. The amount that can be transferred can vary from Rs.2 lakh to Rs.10 lakh, respectively.
- National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT): Funds can be transferred to banks other than HDFC by using this facility. The amount that can be transferred ranges from Rs.1 lakh to Rs.10 lakh. However, the account to which the amount will have to be transferred to must be added as a beneficiary.
- Funds can be transferred from your HDFC account to another HDFC account by using different Customer IDs. Any transfer using this facility will be immediate.
HDFC Transaction Limits
The transaction limits provided by HDFC Bank’s netbanking portal are mentioned in the table below:
|Mode of Transfer||Transfer Limit||Charges|
|IMPS||Up to Rs.2 lakh||
|RTGS||The minimum amount and the maximum amount that can be transferred are Rs.2 lakh and Rs.25 lakh, respectively.||Rs.15 plus GST|
How to Pay the Credit Card Bill on the HDFC Online Banking Portal?
The procedure to pay the credit card bill on the net banking portal is simple and quick. However, individuals must first register for net banking in order to avail these services.
- Initially, individuals must log in to their HDFC Bank netbanking portal.
- Next, you must link your credit card to the netbanking account by using the credit card ATM PIN.
- The option to transfer the money to the credit card can be found under the ‘Funds Transfer’ section as well as the ‘Credit Card’ section.
Features of HDFC Netbanking
- HDFC NetBanking brings you multiple features and benefits which make it infinitely easier for you to manage your HDFC savings account and carry out transactions. Given below are just a few of the many features which HDFC NetBanking offers you.
- You can check your account balance and also download your account statement for the past 5 years in multiple formats with the click of a button.
- You can open a Fixed / Recurring Deposit Account with the bank.
- Transfer funds in a hassle free and secure manner via online fund transfer modes like NEFT and RTGS. You can also register for Third Party Transfer or even transfer funds between HDFC accounts as well as to non-HDFC bank accounts.
- Make quick and easy payments of various types of utility bills like electricity bills, water bills, landline bill, etc.
- Check your Credit Card details and also pay off Credit Card bills
- Do a quick recharge on your DTH connection or your prepaid mobile bill.
- NetBanking also allows you to invest in Mutual Fund schemes of your choice.
- Booking travel tickets has never been easier. Now you can book air or train tickets (via third party travel booking websites or IRCTC ) with the help of NetBanking.
- Make easy payments to online merchants for purchasing Gift Cards for your loved ones.
- Make a variety of tax related transactions online like tax payments and viewing your Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS).
- You can also update your PAN Card details via NetBanking.
- Carry out banking related transactions like requesting for a new cheque book / Demand Draft, hotlist your debit/credit card or even make stop payment instructions of a cheque.
- NetBanking also allows you to conveniently view your loan related details under the same portal.
- You can place a request to re-generate your Debit Card PIN with the help of NetBanking by following some easy steps.
- NetBanking also allows you to apply for an IPO.
HDFC Netbanking FAQs
Which customers are eligible for Netbanking?
All customers holding Savings or Current account with HDFC Bank can access NetBanking services.
Are there any added benefits which I get with Netbanking?
HDFC NetBanking provides multiple benefits like statement requests, BillPay facility, fund transfer facility, stop cheque payment, tec.
Are there any charges applicable for use of HDFC Netbanking?
No, currently HDFC does not levy any charges for the use of its NetBanking facility. Customers must, however, maintain all minimum balance requirements associated with their accounts.
Savings Account Popular Pages
- Savings Account
- Best Zero Balance Savings Account
- Post Office Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Savings Account
- ICICI Savings Account
- UBI Savings Account
- Citibank Savings Account
- PNB Savings Account
- Savings Account Interest Rates
- Savings Account vs Current Account
- Zero Balance Savings Account
- Banks with Highest Interest Rates in India
- SBI Balance Enquiry
- Kotak 811