HDFC, one of India’s premier banking institutions offers its customers the facility to transact online with the help of their online banking platform known as NetBanking. The significance of online banking is not unknown. Ever since it was introduced, online banking has definitely saved customers multiple trips which would otherwise have to be made to the bank for various transactions. NetBanking can be easily accessed from home or any other place which provides you with a steady internet connection. With HDFC NetBanking, customers can easily perform more than 200 banking transactions like checking account balance, transferring money online, opening a new account, requesting for a cheque book, opening a Fixed / Recurring deposit, download their account statement, pay various kinds of utility bills, recharge their mobile phones or dish TV connections, etc.
How Do You Register For HDFC Internet Banking?
HDFC has made it very convenient for customers to register for the internet banking service. Customers can register online, via an ATM, via Phone Banking or download the form for the same. Procedures for each channel are described below:
Steps to Register for HDFC NetBanking online
- You can now Register for NetBanking online by following the below steps
- Go to the HDFC NetBanking website, enter your Customer ID & confirm the same upon being prompted.
- Non-resident customers holding an Indian mobile number must first choose the Debit Card option and then provide their Debit Card details. Following this, they must confirm their mobile number and finally authenticate the registration by providing the OTP (One Time Password) which will be sent to their registered Indian mobile number.
- Non-resident customers holding an International mobile number will be required to follow the same procedure as above. However, they will receive the OTP (One Time Password) on their registered mobile number as well as their email ID. Both the OTPs must be provided in this case.
- Following this, customers must provide their new IPIN.
- Now you may log-in to your NetBanking account with the new IPIN.
Steps to Register for via HDFC Phone Banking
- You must call the HDFC Phone Banking number provided for your city. You will be asked to enter your Customer ID and HDFC Debit Card + PIN / Telephone Identification Number (TIN).
- The HDFC Phone Banking representative will record your NetBanking registration request and initiate the process.
- Your NetBanking IPIN will be couriered to your registered mailing address within 5 working days.
Steps to Register for HDFC Internet Banking via Form
- Visit the HDFC NetBanking website and download the NetBanking registration form – corporate or individual as is applicable.
- Fill out the form completely and submit the same at any HDFC Bank branch.
- Your request will be registered and the IPIN will be couriered to your registered mailing address.
Steps to Register for NetBanking via ATM
- Go to any HDFC Bank ATM.
- Input your HDFC Bank Debit Card number along with your ATM PIN.
- From the main screen, tap on 'Other Option'.
- Now, tap on 'NetBanking Registration' and confirm the action upon being prompted.
- Your NetBanking request will be registered and the IPIN will be couriered to your registered mailing address.
Features of HDFC Net Banking
HDFC NetBanking brings you multiple features and benefits which make it infinitely easier for you to manage your HDFC savings account and carry out transactions. Given below are just a few of the many features which HDFC NetBanking offers you.
You can check your account balance and also download your account statement for the past 5 years in multiple formats with the click of a button.
You can open a Fixed / Recurring Deposit Account with the bank.
Transfer funds in a hassle free and secure manner via online fund transfer modes like NEFT and RTGS. You can also register for Third Party Transfer or even transfer funds between HDFC accounts as well as to non-HDFC bank accounts.
- Make quick and easy payments of various types of utility bills like electricity bills, water bills, landline bill, etc.
- Check your Credit Card details and also pay off Credit Card bills
- Do a quick recharge on your DTH connection or your prepaid mobile bill.
- NetBanking also allows you to invest in Mutual Fund schemes of your choice.
- Booking travel tickets has never been easier. Now you can book air or train tickets (via third party travel booking websites or IRCTC ) with the help of NetBanking.
- Make easy payments to online merchants for purchasing Gift Cards for your loved ones.
- Make a variety of tax related transactions online like tax payments and viewing your Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS).
- You can also update your PAN Card details via NetBanking.
- Carry out banking related transactions like requesting for a new cheque book / Demand Draft, hotlist your debit/credit card or even make stop payment instructions of a cheque.
- NetBanking also allows you to conveniently view your loan related details under the same portal.
- You can place a request to re-generate your Debit Card PIN with the help of NetBanking by following some easy steps.
- NetBanking also allows you to apply for an IPO.
HDFC NetBanking FAQs
- Which customers are eligible for NetBanking?
All customers holding Savings or Current account with HDFC Bank can access NetBanking services.
- Are there any added benefits which I get with NetBanking?
HDFC NetBanking provides multiple benefits like statement requests, BillPay facility, fund transfer facility, stop cheque payment, tec.
- Are there any charges applicable for use of HDFC NetBanking?
No, currently HDFC does not levy any charges for the use of its NetBanking facility. Customers must, however, maintain all minimum balance requirements associated with their accounts.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.