Founded in 1902, Citibank India is a subsidiary of the world’s leading financial corporation known as Citigroup. In India, Citibank operates with a well spread out network of 44 branches and over 700 ATMs located in 31 cities. Catering to a diverse client base, Citibank offers a varied range of financial products and services, one of the most popular of which are Savings Accounts.
Why Choose Citibank Savings Account
Citibank Savings Accounts have been the top choice of individuals and organizations alike when it comes to banking needs.
- Complimentary Debit Card
- Ease of Internet Banking
- Easy Withdrawals at ATMs worldwide
- Exclusive privileges & Reward Points
- Zero Fees On a Variety of Banking Services
On opening any type of Savings Account with Citibank, a customer gets a complimentary Debit Card, free of charge. Enjoy cashless transactions, online and at retail stores with your Citibank Debit card. Also enjoy high daily spending and withdrawal limits.
Experience the convenience of internet banking with your Citibank Savings Account. Carry out a variety of banking functions like making online payments, checking your account balance, obtaining an account statement, transferring funds and much more, right from your desktop or laptop.
Citibank boasts of a network of over 700 ATMs in India and over a million worldwide, so you can rest assured, wherever you go, you're never far from a Citibank ATM.
Earn exciting Reward Points and avail exclusive privileges when you carry out transactions with your debit card associated to your Citibank Savings Account.
With your Citibank Savings Account, enjoy a variety of banking services like withdrawals and enquiry at ATMs in India and abroad, NEFT / RTGS transactions, cheque book replacement, replacement debit card and many more.
Types of Citibank Savings Account
Citibank offers 4 types of Savings Accounts, which are as follows:
- Citibank Savings Account
- Citibank Savings Account for Expatriates
- Citibank Suvidha Salary Account
Key Benefits of Citibank Savings Account
Citibank offers multiple types of savings accounts for you to chose from, depending on your need. Each account comes with a string of exclusive benefits and features so you can gain the maximum benefit. Following are some of the notable features of each Citibank Savings Account.Citibank Savings Account
- Every Citibank savings Account holder is issued a complimentary Citibank Platinum Debit Card on account opening.
- Enjoy value-based benefits with your Citibank Savings Account like zero fee on a wide range of banking services, instant fund transfer and receipt through SMS or mobile banking.
- Get timely alerts via SMS, email and post about your account activity and E-statements.
- The Citibank Savings Account features attractive interest rates.
- Earn never-expiring Reward Points on your Citibank Platinum Debit Card and earn 1 point for every Rs 100/- spent. Get 2x air miles with Jet Airways and Air India.
- Enjoy attractive welcome privileges on a range of lifestyle products and services like dining, shopping and travel, clothing, accessories and entertainment.
- This is a zero balance salary account which means you needn’t maintain a minimum balance to ensure operation.
- Every Suvidha Salary Account Holder is entitled to chip and PIN ATM / Debit Card which is accepted worldwide.
- Enjoy limitless as this account comes with a high daily spending and withdrawal limit of Rs 50,000/-.
- Enjoy preferential treatment with an automatic overdraft facility of up to 5 times your net monthly salary credit.
- Get real-time alerts and services for account activity, account statements and more via SMS and email.
- As a Suvidha Salary Account holder, you are entitled to preferential pricing on home loans and personal loans.
- Earn handsome Reward Points when you pay using your Debit Card and up to 5x Reward Points at eligible grocery stores or on making purchases with your Grocery Debit Card.
- With the Suvidha Service, you get a host of exciting features like no cost delivery of Demand Drafts at multiple locations in India, no cost NEFT/RTGS fund transfers, Financial Planning Services from certified Citibank counsellors on investments and financial planning.
Citibank Savings Account for Expatriates
- All Expatriates Savings Account holders are entitled to a complimentary Citibank Platinum Debit Card which features a high daily spending and withdrawal limit of up to Rs 1 lakh and worldwide acceptability.
- Enjoy a range of benefits and privileges on lifestyle products and services like dining, travel, shopping, clothing & accessories and dining at some of the finest establishments.
- Get timely alerts and access multiple banking services on the go with CitiAlerts, Citibank Online, mobile, email and branch banking.
- Benefit from attractive interest rates on your capital with the Citibank Savings Account for Expatriates.
- As an Expatriate Savings Account holder, you get to enjoy a range of transactional benefits offered by Citibank like zero transaction fee at Citibank associated IndianOil outlets, complimentary withdrawals and balance enquiry at ATMs in India and abroad, complimentary foreign currency draft issuance and cancellation, complimentary replacement of debit card and many more core services.
- As a part of the Rewards program, not only do you get 1% cash back on all your debit card purchases but also earn 2 air miles on Jet Airways and Air India for every Rs 100/- spent (Applicable only if you are a member of the Frequent Flyer Programme with one or both airlines).
- Ensure peace of mind while travelling as Citibank provides Emergency Cash Advance of USD 1000 to Expatriate Savings Account holders, if they lose their debit card while travelling in a foreign country.
- With Team Based Relationship Management, you are privy to the best advice from the financial experts on financial matters across various segments like wealth management, business solutions and everyday banking needs.
- Maximize your capital with Integrated Wealth Planning, choose from a range of comprehensive banking and financial products tailored to your requirements and receive research and analysis insights which focus on your financial goals and priorities.
- Citibank Gold focuses on maximizing your business’ potential by providing you with some of the best advice on business, trade and forex.
- As a Citigold customer, you shall receive a complimentary World Debit MasterCard which carries exclusive privileges on dining, hospitality, travel and leisure activities.
- Enjoy global banking with Citigold, no matter where you are. Enjoy from a range of exclusive privileges like Global Status Recognition, cross-border account opening privileges, access to airport lounges worldwide, Emergency Encashment facility of up to USD 3,000 and more.
- Keeping track of your financials has never been easier. Citigold brings you several intuitive services like One-Glance-Statement, Account Representative facility online and mobile access to your account and all connected services.
- Will I get a debit card on opening a Savings Bank Account with Citibank?
- Are there any withdrawal charges levied on ATM withdrawals made from the Citibank Savings Account?
- What are some of the services associated with Citibank Savings Account which are free of charge?
- Is there a rewards program available with the Citibank Platinum Debit Card?
- What is the interest rate applicable on Citibank Savings Account?
|Type of Savings A/C||Interest Rate||Minimum Balance Required|
|Citibank Savings A/c||4% per annum||-|
|Citibank Suvidha Salary A/c||4% per annum||No minimum balance required|
|Citibank Savings A/c for Expatriates||4% per annum||-|
Citibank Savings Account FAQs
Yes, you get a complimentary Citibank Platinum Debit card on opening a Savings Account with Citibank.
There are no withdrawal charges levied on ATM withdrawals made from your Citibank Savings Account.
Services like ATM withdrawals (in India and worldwide, subject to conditions), NEFT/RTGS transfers, cheque book re-order, issuance and cancellation of demand drafts, duplicate statement, etc., are some of the many services which can be availed free of any charge.
Yes, you get to enjoy never-expiring reward points on every spend. You earn 1 reward point for every Rs 100 spent on your card.
This Savings Account carries an interest rate of 4% per annum which is calculated on a daily basis; interest is payable on a half yearly basis.