Founded in 1902, Citibank India is a subsidiary of the world’s leading financial corporation known as Citigroup. In India, Citibank operates with a well spread-out network of 44 branches and over 700 ATMs located in 31 cities. Catering to a diverse client base, Citibank offers a varied range of financial products and services, one of the most popular of which are Savings Accounts.
Table of Contents
Why Choose Citibank Savings Account
Citibank Savings Accounts have been the top choice of individuals and organizations alike when it comes to banking needs.
Complimentary Debit Card
On opening any type of Savings Account with Citibank, a customer gets a complimentary Debit Card, free of charge. Enjoy cashless transactions, online and at retail stores with your Citibank Debit card. Also enjoy high daily spending and withdrawal limits.
Ease of Internet Banking
Experience the convenience of internet banking with your Citibank Savings Account. Carry out a variety of banking functions like making online payments, checking your account balance, obtaining an account statement, transferring funds and much more, right from your desktop or laptop.
Easy Withdrawals at ATMs worldwide
Citibank boasts of a network of over 700 ATMs in India and over a million worldwide, so you can rest assured, wherever you go, you're never far from a Citibank ATM.
Exclusive privileges & Reward Points
Earn exciting Reward Points and avail exclusive privileges when you carry out transactions with your debit card associated to your Citibank Savings Account.
Zero Fees on a Variety of Banking Services
With your Citibank Savings Account, enjoy a variety of banking services like withdrawals and enquiry at ATMs in India and abroad, NEFT / RTGS transactions, cheque book replacement, replacement debit card and many more.
Types of Citibank Savings Account
Citibank offers 6 types of Savings Accounts, which are as follows:
- Citibank Suvidha Account
- Expat Savings Account
- Citi Priority Account
- Citigold Account
- Citigold Private Client
- Citibank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account
- Global Banking
- Citibank Junior Account
Key Benefits of Citibank Savings Account
Citibank offers multiple types of savings accounts for you to choose from, depending on your need. Each account comes with a string of exclusive benefits and features so you can gain the maximum benefit. Following are some of the notable features of each Citibank Savings Account.
Citibank Savings Account
- Every Citibank savings Account holder is issued a complimentary Citibank Platinum Debit Card on account opening.
- Enjoy value-based benefits with your Citibank Savings Account like zero fee on a wide range of banking services, instant fund transfer and receipt through SMS or mobile banking.
- Get timely alerts via SMS, email and post about your account activity and E-statements.
- The Citibank Savings Account features attractive interest rates.
- Earn never-expiring Reward Points on your Citibank Platinum Debit Card and earn 1 point for every Rs 100/- spent. Get 2x air miles with Jet Airways and Air India.
- Enjoy attractive welcome privileges on a range of lifestyle products and services like dining, shopping and travel, clothing, accessories and entertainment.
Citibank Suvidha Salary Account
- This is a zero-balance salary account which means you needn’t maintain a minimum balance to ensure operation.
- Every Suvidha Salary Account Holder is entitled to chip and PIN ATM / Debit Card which is accepted worldwide.
- Enjoy ATM/Debit card with daily limit of Rs.1 lakh.
- Enjoy preferential treatment with an automatic overdraft facility of up to 5 times your net monthly salary credit.
- Get real-time alerts and services for account activity, account statements and more via SMS and email.
- As a Suvidha Salary Account holder, you are entitled to preferential pricing on home loans and personal loans.
- Earn handsome Reward Points when you pay using your Debit Card and up to 5x Reward Points at eligible grocery stores or on making purchases with your Grocery Debit Card.
- With the Suvidha Service, you get a host of exciting features like no cost delivery of Demand Drafts at multiple locations in India, no cost NEFT/RTGS fund transfers, Financial Planning Services from certified Citibank counsellors on investments and financial planning.
Citibank Savings Account for Expatriates
- All Expatriates Savings Account holders are entitled to a complimentary Citibank Platinum Debit Card which features a high daily spending and withdrawal limit of up to Rs 1 lakh and worldwide acceptability.
- The interest rate for this account is 3.5% per annum.
- Enjoy a range of benefits and privileges on lifestyle products and services like dining, travel, shopping, clothing & accessories and dining at some of the finest establishments.
- Get timely alerts and access multiple banking services on the go with CitiAlerts, Citibank Online, mobile, email and branch banking.
- Benefit from attractive interest rates on your capital with the Citibank Savings Account for Expatriates.
- As an Expatriate Savings Account holder, you get to enjoy a range of transactional benefits offered by Citibank like zero transaction fee at Citibank associated IndianOil outlets, complimentary withdrawals and balance enquiry at ATMs in India and abroad, complimentary foreign currency draft issuance and cancellation, complimentary replacement of debit card and many more core services.
- As a part of the Rewards program, not only do you get 1% cash back on all your debit card purchases but also earn 2 air miles on Jet Airways and Air India for every Rs.100 spent (Applicable only if you are a member of the Frequent Flyer Programme with one or both airlines).
- Ensure peace of mind while travelling as Citibank provides Emergency Cash Advance of USD 1000 to Expatriate Savings Account holders, if they lose their debit card while travelling in a foreign country.
- With Team Based Relationship Management, you are privy to the best advice from the financial experts on financial matters across various segments like wealth management, business solutions and everyday banking needs.
- Maximize your capital with Integrated Wealth Planning, choose from a range of comprehensive banking and financial products tailored to your requirements and receive research and analysis insights which focus on your financial goals and priorities.
- Citibank Gold focuses on maximizing your business’ potential by providing you with some of the best advice on business, trade and forex.
- As a Citigold customer, you shall receive a complimentary World Debit MasterCard which carries exclusive privileges on dining, hospitality, travel and leisure activities.
- Enjoy global banking with Citigold, no matter where you are. Enjoy from a range of exclusive privileges like Global Status Recognition, cross-border account opening privileges, access to airport lounges worldwide, Emergency Encashment facility of up to USD 3,000 and more.
- Keeping track of your financials has never been easier. Citigold brings you several intuitive services like One-Glance-Statement, Account Representative facility online and mobile access to your account and all connected services.
|Type of Savings A/C||Interest Rate||Minimum Balance Required|
|Citibank Savings A/c||2.50% per annum||-|
|Citibank Suvidha Salary A/c||4% per annum||No minimum balance required|
|Citibank Savings A/c for Expatriates||3.50% per annum||-|
Citigold Private Client
A premium banking experience offered by Citibank to high net worth clients, Citigold Private Client is designed to provide comprehensive business banking services, personalised wealth management and lending solutions. To be eligible for the Citigold Private Client, you need to have a net relationship value of Rs.5 crore and above with Citibank. The services and benefits offered to Citigold Private Clients include:
- Personalised servicing from your Senior Banker.
- Undivided attention from the Citibank team of portfolio advisors and season specialists in all aspects of business, investment and personal banking interests.
- Access to an enhanced product suite including investment and lending products and trade and forex services.
- Preferential pricing when it comes to the product suite on offer.
- Access to investment opportunities overseas.
- You will have the global benefit of being recognised as a priority banking customer.
- Enjoy access to Citigold Private Client lounges around the world.
- Experience travel privileges such as access to international lounges with the Citigold Private Client Debit Card.
- Enjoy signature golfing privileges.
Citi Priority caters to those who wish to invest for things that are planned and unplanned in life, be it the home you want to buy, the kids you want to have some day, the places you wish to travel to or the business you want to invest in. Some of the benefits of opening a Citi Priority Account are:
- Get a Citi Priority Personal Banker .
- Enjoy world-class wealth management with a wide range of investment options.
- Enjoy a comprehensive digital financial planner.
- Enjoy exclusive Citi Priority privileges onilne.
- Access within 20 seconds or less to assistance on the Citiphone helpline 24x7 for all account-related queries.
- Enjoy exclusive banking products such as the Citibank personal loan, home loan, personal accident insurance, PremierMiles credit card and CitiBusiness Current Account.
- Enjoy preferential pricing, zero processing fees, minimal documentation, fee waivers and more on the exclusive banking products.
- Citibank offers you global banking services such as access to emergency cash abroad, account opening assistance for those moving abroad, free withdrawals at all ATMs around the world, and other value-added services.
- Experience banking simplified and easily accessible with Citi Mobile, Tablet Banking, SMS or Mobile Banking and Online Banking
Citibank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account
According to the guidelines that have been provided, Citibank offers the Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account. A cheque book and debit card will be provided as well. Some of the main features of the account are mentioned below:
- No minimum balance needs to be maintained.
- A cheque book will be provided at no additional cost.
- SMS banking and Citibank Online facility are provided.
- A debit card will be provided at no additional cost.
- The transaction limit on a daily basis is Rs.10,000.
Citibank supports its customers through 4,000 branches and 20,000 ATMs spread across 42 countries of the world. The bank facilitates its customers everywhere to be customers anywhere they go. Some of the global services offered by Citibank are listed below:
- For expats moving to India, Citibank has customised solutions to help make the move smooth.
- If you are moving overseas, you can get a headstart with a little help from Citibank.
- Citibank helps NRI clients manage their finance and banking needs in India.
- Fund transfers are easy and secure with Citibank fund transfers across the globe.
- Citibank gives customers access to investment opportunities around the world.
- For travellers, Citibank offers a number of benefits in their global banking network.
Citibank Junior Account
- You get 24x7 customer service with CitiPhone Banking.
- You also get free access to Online Banking.
- You get a dual Insurance benefit with your life cover which is available to you and your child.
- There are 10 different Investment funds in the Classic Child Plan.
- There is also a built-in policy continuation benefit.
- You get assistance from certified Investment Counselors.
- You also get access to comprehensive Financial Market Reports.
Summary of Basic Citibank Savings Account
|Type of Savings Account||Interest Rate||Minimum Balance Required|
|Citibank Savings Account||2.50% per annum||NIL|
|Citibank Suvidha Salary Account||2.5% per annum||NIL|
|Citibank Savings Account for Expatriates||3.50% per annum||-|
Citibank Savings Account FAQs
Will I get a debit card on opening a Savings Bank Account with Citibank?
Yes, you get a complimentary Citibank Platinum Debit card on opening a Savings Account with Citibank.
Are there any withdrawal charges levied on ATM withdrawals made from the Citibank Savings Account?
There are no withdrawal charges levied on ATM withdrawals made from your Citibank Savings Account.
What are some of the services associated with Citibank Savings Account which are free of charge?
Services like ATM withdrawals (in India and worldwide, subject to conditions), NEFT/RTGS transfers, cheque book re-order, issuance and cancellation of demand drafts, duplicate statement, etc., are some of the many services which can be availed free of any charge.
What is the interest rate applicable on Citibank Savings Account?
This Savings Account carries an interest rate of 2.50% per annum which is calculated on a daily basis; interest is payable on a half yearly basis.
How do I add a nominee for my NRI account?
You can change the nominee of your account by filling up the nomination form and mailing it to the NRI Service Center in your country of residence. You can also mail it to Citibank, N.A. Mail Room, No. 2, Club House Road, Chennai - 600 002. Tamil Nadu. India. If you are in the country, you can visit any branch of Citibank to change the nominee.
Why does Citibank call to confirm changes made to my NRI account when I have requested for it?
To ensure mutual protection, representatives from Citibank in India will call you to confirm any requests made prior to carrying out the instructions. The bank will call you on the registered contact number. If you have not updated your latest contact information, then your request will not be confirmed and this can delay the execution of your instructions.
Will Citibank send me a separate statement for my debit card?
Your monthly statement will include all transactions made from your Rupee Checking Account whether it is through your debit card, net banking, fund transfers or banking account. There will be no separate statement for debit card transactions.
Savings Account Popular Pages
- Savings Account
- Best Zero Balance Savings Account
- Post Office Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Savings Account
- ICICI Savings Account
- UBI Savings Account
- Citibank Savings Account
- PNB Savings Account
- Savings Account Interest Rates
- Savings Account vs Current Account
- Zero Balance Savings Account
- Banks with Highest Interest Rates in India
- SBI Balance Enquiry
- Kotak 811
Savings Account Trending Pages
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.