YES BANK, founded in 2004, took the Indian banking sector by storm and grew to become the fifth largest private sector bank. Recognised as one of the fastest growing banks, it offers a wide range of products that cater to personal banking, business banking and corporate banking. YES BANK also flourished in digital banking providing a number of online and mobiles services through their website and app, along with other digital payment solutions. YES BANK offers a variety of savings account options to cater to different needs of every customer. They also have a customisable option that allows customers to get a savings account with the benefits and features they desire.
Revision of Interest Rates on Yes Bank Savings Bank Deposits
|Particulars||Rate of Interest|
|Saving Deposits Balance upto Rs. 1 lakh.||5% p.a|
|Saving Deposits Between Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 1 crore.||6% p.a|
|Saving Deposits above Rs. 1 crore.||6.25% p.a|
Features and Benefits of YES BANK Savings Account
- Enjoy free NEFT / RTGS payment facility via net banking
- Get a debit card with exciting offers
- Enjoy unlimited access to ATMs of any bank throughout the country
- Higher return of up to 6% p.a. on saving account
- Avail quarterly payout of savings interest
- Avail free demand draft (DD) issuance through both netbanking and branches
- Pay utility bills at ease using your YES BANK savings account
- Enjoy Life Insurance, Purchase Protection Insurance and Card Lost Liability
- Select an account number of your choice
- With the advancement in technology, you can apply, maintain and track your saving account very easily
- Get access to mobile and SMS banking
- YES BANK also provides doorstep banking services
How to open YES BANK Savings Account
Applying for a Savings Account at BankBazaar.com involves three simple steps from the user’s end:
Step 1: The user must fill out the Savings Account Eligibility form available online with the required personal data. Once submitted, the website automatically checks the eligibility of the applicant with a list of banks and generates a personalised list of savings account options available.
Step 2: The applicant can compare various Savings Account options offered. If the applicant is eligible to open a YES BANK savings account on the BankBazaar portal, the option will be made available.
Step 3: Select the desired bank and apply for a savings account. The user will then receive an instant e-approval from BankBazaar.com after successful submission of Savings Account application online. The application is sent electronically to the selected bank. The Savings Account department of the concerned bank gets in touch with the applicant directly. Users can check the status of their application through SMS and email alerts.
Types of YES BANK Savings Account
YES BANK offers savings accounts under three categories:
- Savings Exclusive - Enjoy high returns on your account balance along with doorstep services, debit card with unlimited access to ATMs in India, tax benefits on interest and more.
- Savings Advantage - Enjoy a high interest rate of 6% p.a. payable on your account balance, free demand draft issues, tax-free interest for up to Rs.10,000 earned and a free silver debit card.
- Savings Value - This option gives you complete value for money with low minimum balance requirements. Customers can still enjoy a number of benefits offered by YES BANK.
- Savings Select - Get high returns of 6% p.a. with the benefits of a silver debit card with unlimited access, sweep-in facility, and more.
- Smart Salary Platinum - Get access to exclusive privileges and enjoy best-in-class services with this account. There is no minimum balance required. The debit card issued with this account is an International Platinum debit card.
- Smart Salary Exclusive - Enjoy zero balance requirements with interest rate of 6% p.a. on your account balance. YES BANK offers the Domestic Gold debit card with this account.
- Smart Salary Advantage - No minimum balance required, high interest rates on the balance, and best-in-class services make this an attractive salary account. YES BANK offers the Domestic Silver debit card with this account.
- Customizable Savings Account - A first of its kind, this savings account gives the customer power to design their own savings account. The customer can choose their own debit card, pricing options, account benefit packages and complimentary introductory offers. This savings account can be tailored to suit an individual’s lifestyle and banking preferences. The customer can also eliminate unnecessary account features and charges which are not required.
- Create Your Own Savings Account - YES BANK offers you the option to create your own Savings Account online and enjoy features such as quarterly interest payout, unlimited ATM benefits, tax benefits, branch services and digital banking.
YES BANK Personal Savings Account Charges
|Details||Savings Exclusive||Savings Advantage||Savings Value||Savings Select|
|Average Quarterly Balance (AQB)||Rs.1 lakh||Rs.10,000||Rs.5,000||Rs.25,000|
|FD requirement for Nil (AQB)||Rs.5 lakhs||Rs.50,000||Rs.50,000||Rs.2.5 lakhs|
|RTGS Payment (Branch and Netbanking)||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|NEFT Payment (Branch and Netbanking)||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Foreign Outward Remittance||Rs.500 inclusive of SWIFT charges||Rs.200 plus SWIFT charges||Rs.200 plus SWIFT charges||Rs.200 plus SWIFT charges|
|Demand Draft payable at YES BANK branch||20 free per month. Rs.50 per instrument, thereafter||10 free per month and Rs.50 per instrument thereafter||4 free per month and Rs.50 per instrument thereafter||10 free per month and Rs.50 per instrument thereafter|
|Annual fee for debit cum ATM card||Rs.249||Zero||Rs.149||Rs.149|
|PIN regeneration||Rs.50 per instance||Rs.50 per instance||Rs.50 per instance||Rs.50 per instance|
YES BANK Salary Account Charges
The rates given below are effective 1st August 2016.
|Details||Salary Platinum||Salary Exclusive||Salary Advantage|
|Average Quarterly Balance (AQB)||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|FD requirement for Nil (AQB)||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|RTGS Payment (Branch and Netbanking)||Free||Free||Free|
|NEFT Payment (Branch and Netbanking)||Free||Free||Rs.5 to Rs.25 for branch. Free for netbanking|
|Foreign Outward Remittance||Rs.500 inclusive of SWIFT charges||Rs.500 plus SWIFT charges||Rs.700 (Rs.500 SWIFT charges plus Rs.200 commission)|
|Demand Draft payable at YES BANK branch||Free||Free||Free|
|Annual fee for debit cum ATM card||Free||Free||Free|
|PIN regeneration||Rs.50 per instance||Rs.50 per instance||Rs.50 per instance|
YES PAY is a digital wallet launched by YES BANK to facilitate smart phone and social media users to transact seamlessly for payments and receipts. All YES BANK customers and non-customers can register for this wallet and will receive a free virtual online card that can be used to make online transactions such as mobile and DTH recharges, purchase gift vouchers and discount coupons and pay bills.
Benefits of YES PAY
- Transfer funds to YES PAY users or bank accounts.
- Request for money from your contacts.
- Split bills or expenses amongst a group.
- Set goals to contribute a specified amount regularly for in-app purchases.
- Recharge your phone or DTH.
- Shop online at over 30,000 merchants with a single click.
- When you purchase a mobile or tablet with YES PAY, you can purchase insurance to safeguard you against expenses for handset damage, replacement and loss.
- Get attractive reward points for transactions made through YES PAY.
- Pay your bills.
- You can also download the latest songs across a variety of categories.
How to use YES PAY
Download the mobile app and register for the wallet. Through Facebook, one can easily access their YES PAY wallet without registration. Enter your mobile number and then the OTP. Set a 6-digit PIN as your login. You need to enter your personal details and set secret questions. Your wallet will be created.
To use the YES PAY wallet you simply need to load money through your YES BANK account or any other bank account using Internet banking or a debit card, or through IMPS. Once the money is in your wallet, you can transfer funds and pay for a variety of purchases and bills by selecting the “YES PAY” option while checking out.
YES BANK FAQs
Where can I find my account statement?
Your account statement will be mailed to you at the address provided by you in the account opening form. If you have provided your email ID, you will receive an e-statement every month. Your account statement is also available in your online banking account.
What is the Grievance Redressal system?
If you have a complaint or query, you can send an email to YES BANK at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also call their “YES TOUCH” Phone Banking Number.
Is it possible to upgrade my savings account to a better variant?
Yes, you can change your savings account to another variant of your choice. You need to contact the nearest YES BANK branch, or the branch where you hold your savings account, to make the change or upgrade.
If no salary is credited to my YES BANK salary account, will I be charged?
If there is no salary credited to your YES BANK salary account for three consecutive months, the account will be converted to a regular savings account. You will be required to maintain the minimum average monthly balance or you will be charged accordingly for failing to comply. A notice will be sent to you if there has been no salary credited to your account for three consecutive months.
My salary account was converted to a savings account. I cannot maintain the minimum balance required for a savings account, what should I do?
Contact the bank immediately and communicate your situation. You might be given an option to maintain a zero balance savings account with the same features or with alterations. You can also close your bank account with YES BANK to avoid further charges.
Can I transfer my YES BANK salary account to my new organisation and continue to receive salary in the account?
If the new employer or organisation has an existing salary relationship with YES BANK, then you can transfer your old salary account to the new company and continue to receive your salary in the same account. To do so, you need to submit a letter or email received from the official company email ID to the nearest branch. The letter must bear your complete name, bank account number and must state that you have been employed in the company.
I am a YES BANK customer. Will I automatically be registered for YES PAY?
No. You need to register for YES PAY separately. While registering, you can use your Customer ID issued by YES BANK.
Are there any limits on the wallet usage?
Yes, as stipulated by the RBI, the maximum amount you can load in a month is Rs.20,000. This rule was applicable till 31st December 2016. The new permissible limits will be put into force as per the new RBI guidelines.
If I lost my smartphone, can I lock my YES PAY wallet?
Yes, there is an option to lock the YES PAY wallet. You can click on “Lock Wallet” when you are on the app. You can also call the YES BANK toll free number (1800-2000) to lock your wallet. No transaction can be carried out once it is locked. To unlock your wallet, you can use the OTP.
Can I use the YES PAY wallet at merchant outlets
YES PAY Is accepted at over 40,000 merchants. If the merchant accepts this payment, you will be able to use your YES PAY wallet to pay for the transaction.
- ATM Withdrawal Limit
- SBI ATM Card
- ATM Card
- International Debit Card
- PNB ATM Card
- Rupay Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Debit Card
- Bank of India Debit Card Apply Online
- Best Prepaid Travel Card India
- Union Bank ATM Limit
- Andhra Bank Platinum Debit card
- Coral Debit Card Benefits
- HDFC Platinum Debit Card Offers
- EMI on Debit Card
- BOB Debit Card
News About YES BANK Savings Account
Yes Bank too cuts interest rates on savings account deposits
On August 10 2017, following suite with other nationalised banks announced that they would be cutting the interest rates on savings account deposits. According to the bank, they have reduced the interest rate on savings bank accounts by 1 per cent to 5 per cent for deposits of less than Rs 1 lakh but will continue to pay 6 per cent interest on deposits of over Rs.1 lakh and less than Rs.1 crore. They have also slashed the interest rate on savings accounts to 6.25 per cent from existing 6.5 per cent for deposits over Rs 1 crore. The new rates would be effective from September 1.
18th August 2017
YES BANK Slashes Rates On Its Savings Account
YES BANK is one of the few private banks that has seen a tremendous growth in a short span of time, thanks to its bold and unconventional moves. Now it has brought down its interest rate on savings account by one percent and at present stands at six percent. The interest rate for domestic and non-resident savings accounts has been changed from seven to six percent, and will be effected from 1st November, according to the press release sent by the bank. Yes Bank had previously escalated its interest rate on savings deposit to seven percent four years back in 2011. The rate is disbursed on savings bank account, which is estimated on an everyday basis. Another bank that offers the same as of now is Kotak Mahindra Bank. But every other lenders are offering four percent interest for their savings account.
20th October 2015
YES BANK Jumps on the M-Wallet Bandwagon- Will Launch Contender Soon
The technologically savvy concept of m-wallets (mobile wallets for the uninitiated) is rapidly gaining a fan following in India, with popular options like Paytm and MobiKwik leading the pack. YES BANK, a premier private sector bank isn’t ignoring this development, or its competitor, ICICI Bank’s response in the form of its very own m-wallet concept called ‘Pockets’. The bank has promised to launch a m-wallet of its own soon, and tap into the latest craze amongst the Indian masses of making online payments on the go and affect major purchases and other financial transactions via their mobile phones. YES BANK has reasons to react- latest RBI data notes that m-wallet transaction stood at a whopping Rs.8,180 crores in the fiscal year 2014-15 and the trend is only set to go skywards.
18th August 2015
Note :* *With effect from 1st November 2015, interest rate of 6% p.a. will be applicable on Savings Account balances. Rates are subject to change at the sole discretion of YES BANK. Conditions apply. For more details, please visit nearest YESBANK branch or www.yesbank.in
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.