The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has a web portal that makes it easier to access information about your account using just your Universal Account Number (UAN) (UANUAN). You can check your EPF account balance, track the status of your claims, get updates on contributions made, and transfer funds from a previous member ID to the current one. Multiple PF accounts (PF) can also be merged online using your UAN login so that it becomes easier to manage your account and access information one place.
Table of Contents
Steps to UAN Login
- Step 1: Go to the EPFO website EPFO website
- Step 2: Next, enter the UAN, password, and captcha details, and click on ‘Sign in’.
- Step 3: On the next page, click on ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’.
- Step 4: Next, enter the UAN, password, and captcha details, and click on ‘Sign in’.
- Step 5: The next page will be the main page of your EPFO portal.
Steps to Change Mobile Number on EPFO Portal
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the EPFO
- Step 2: Next, under the ‘Our Services’ tab, must click on ‘For Employees’.
- Step 3: On the next page, click on the ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’ link that is present under the ‘Services’ menu.
- Step 4: On the next page, enter the UAN, password, and captcha details and click on ‘Sign In’.
- Step 5: Click on ‘Contact Details’ which can be found under the ‘Manage’ tab.
- Step 6: On the next page, click on the ‘Change Mobile No.’ option.
- Step 7: Enter the new mobile number twice in the respective boxes and click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
- Step 8: An OTP will be sent to the new mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’.
- Step 9: Once the above step is completed, the new number will be updated on the EPFO portal.
Steps to Update Mobile Number in case individuals have forgotten password
- Step 1: Visit the page:
- Step 2: Once on the page, click on ‘Forgot Password’.
- Step 3: On the next page, enter the UAN and captcha details.
- Step 4: Once the above details have been entered, click on ‘Submit’.
- Step 5: On the next page, there will be a request to send an OTP to the old mobile number. Click on the ‘No’ option which can be found against the ‘Do you wish to send the OTP on the above mobile number?’
- Step 6: Next, enter your name, date of birth, and gender.
- Step 7: Once the above details have been entered, click on ‘Verify’.
- Step 8: Next, select the method by which they would like to verify your details. You will be able to verify details either by using the Permanent Account Number (PAN) or Aadhaar number.
- Step 9: Once the relevant details are entered, click on ‘Verify’.
- Step 10: Once the details that are provided by you are validated, enter the new mobile number in the box provided and click on ‘Get OTP’.
- Step 11: An OTP will be sent to the new mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Verify’.
- Step 12: Once the above step is complete, you have the option to change the password. The password will need to be entered twice in the boxes that are provided. Once the new password details have been entered, click on ‘Submit’.
- Step 13: Once the above step is complete, the mobile number and the password will be updated on the EPFO portal.
Advantages of Updating Mobile Number on EPFO portal
- The EPF balance can be checked by sending an SMS from the registered mobile number.
- The status of the claim can be checked by using the registered mobile number.
- Contributions that are made to the EPF account are updated via SMS and are sent to the registered mobile number.
- In case of EPF withdrawal, once the process to credit the amount to the bank account has been initiated, the notification will be sent via SMS to the registered mobile number.
- To transfer EPF amount from the previous member ID to the current one.
- The process of validation is complete only once the OTP that is sent to the registered mobile number is entered.
Merging Multiple PF Accounts using UAN
Now, instead of closing a PF account every time a subscriber changes his/her job, he/she can merge multiple PF accounts using their UAN and manage all accounts as one. For those who wish to merge multiple PF accounts using their UAN, they can follow the steps mentioned below. Subscribers will have to ensure that they have the below-listed conditions in place before getting to the process of merging their accounts.
FAQs on UAN Login
- When changing jobs will my PF Account automatically merge or do I continue with my old PF Account?
- How will UAN help in the PF Withdrawal Process?
- Is it possible to upload the KYC Documents using the EPFO’S Member Portal?
- What has to be done if I change my job?
You will have to transfer your old account (with your previous employer) to a new one. Your current employer will give you a new PF account number, to which you can transfer your funds from the previous account. This can be done on the EPFO member portal and is a fairly easy task. Though, since the UAN is still in the initial stages of implementation and covering all fields, in the future you wouldn’t need to. Providing the UAN to your current employer is enough to initiate the transfer of funds as the UAN links all PF accounts.
The UAN has all your KYC documents (PAN card, Aadhaar Card, etc.) seeded in its system. In the future, you will not need the attestation of your ex-employer (always a hassle for many) to transfer funds or make withdrawals. All that the PF account holder needs to show to make a PF transfer or a withdrawal is his/her Aadhaar card.
Yes, you can, but your employer has to digitally attest your documents using his/her digital signature. Once that is done, your documents which will be seeded in the EPFO member portal will be valid. Till the process of attestation is done, your KYC will show as 'Pending’.
With the introduction of the UAN, the processes with regard to PF accounts have become far more relaxed. Now, all you have to do is to declare your UAN with your present employer. The UAN will link all your accounts and it will be maintained as a single UAN account