As already mentioned above, with the UAN, employees can merge their multiple PF accounts and manage it like one. When shifting jobs, all that the employee has to give his/her employer is his/her UAN. Now, on the UAN portal launched by the EPFO, subscribers can merge as many as 10 PF accounts in one go. That said, in order to avail the facility, the employee is required to seed his/her bank account with the UAN, as well as attach details of their Aadhaar card and PAN.
Steps to Change Mobile Number on UAN Portal
For subscribers that wish to change their mobile number on the UAN portal, they can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the UAN portal and log in.
- Click on the “Manage” option on the UAN portal homepage.
- Click on “Contact Details” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the checkbox against the “Change Mobile No.” option.
- Enter your new mobile number.
- Re-enter your new mobile number.
- Click on “Get Authorization Pin”.
- Enter the OTP sent to your new mobile number.
- Click on “Save Changes” to register your new mobile number.
Steps to Change Mobile Number if Forgot Password
If a subscriber has changed his/her mobile number and has forgotten their password, they can follow the steps mentioned below to change the mobile number and their password.
- Visit the UAN portal.
- Enter your UAN number and click on “forgot password”.
- Re-enter your UAN number and enter the captcha.
- Your existing mobile number will be displayed, if you wish to change it, click on “no” for the question if you want to confirm the mobile number.
- Click on “verify” document number on the page that displays your name, gender, date of birth, KYC details, etc.
- Enter the new mobile number.
- Click on the “get authorization PIN” tab.
- Once this is done, your new mobile number will be registered in the UAN database.
Other Ways to Change Mobile Number
For EPF subscribers that have no access to the internet, they can opt for the offline mode to change their EPF registered mobile number. For this to happen, the subscriber will have to fill in a form with the mobile number change and submit it to one’s employer. The employer will then forward the form to the regional PF office for approval. The verification and approval process will take around 15 working days. Once the mobile number has been changed, the subscriber will receive a notification message from the EPFO that his/her mobile number has been changed.
How to Generate UAN
Follow the steps to generate UAN:
- Visit the EPFO website
- Click on “Our Services”
- Choose “For Employees”.
- Click on the “Register or Activate UAN” link.
- Fill in your KYC details -name, mobile number, passport number, bank account number, Aadhaar card number, etc.
- Upload a scanned copy of your signature and passport photograph.
- Once you click on “Submit”, an authorization PIN will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the PIN.
- Once the PIN has been entered, your UAN will be generated. The next step is to activate your UAN.
Steps to Activate UAN
For subscribers new to the EPFO member portal, they can follow the steps mentioned below to activate their UAN.
- Visit the EPFO services link -http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/uan_reg_form.php
- Click on the “Service Tab”.
- Choose the “For Employees” option.
- Click on “UAN Activation”.
- Enter your registered mobile number, PF details and UAN once the page is displayed.
- Enter details such as father’s name, date of birth, etc.
- Enter your authorization PIN.
- Click on “Activate UAN”.
- Create username and password to complete the process.
Merging Multiple PF Accounts using UAN
Now, instead of closing a PF account every time a subscriber changes his/her job, he/she can merge multiple PF accounts using their UAN and manage all accounts as one. For those who wish to merge multiple PF accounts using their UAN, they can follow the steps mentioned below. Subscribers will have to ensure that they have the below-listed conditions in place before getting to the process of merging their accounts.
When changing jobs will my PF Account automatically merge or do I continue with my old PF Account?
You will have to transfer your old account (with your previous employer) to a new one. Your current employer will give you a new PF account number, to which you can transfer your funds from the previous account. This can be done on the EPFO member portal and is a fairly easy task. Though, since the UAN is still in the initial stages of implementation and covering all fields, in the future you wouldn’t need to. Providing the UAN to your current employer is enough to initiate the transfer of funds as the UAN links all PF accounts.
How will UAN help in the PF Withdrawal Process?
The UAN has all your KYC documents (PAN card, Aadhaar Card, etc.) seeded in its system. In the future, you will not need the attestation of your ex-employer (always a hassle for many) to transfer funds or make withdrawals. All that the PF account holder needs to show to make a PF transfer or a withdrawal is his/her Aadhaar card.
Is it possible to upload the KYC Documents using the EPFO’S Member Portal?
Yes you can, but your employer has to digitally attest your documents using his/her digital signature. Once that is done, your documents which will be seeded in the EPFO member portal will be valid. Till the process of attestation is done, your KYC will show as “Pending”.
What has to be done if I change my job?
With the introduction of the UAN, the processes with regard to PF accounts have become far more relaxed. Now, all you have to do is to declare your UAN with your present employer. The UAN will link all your accounts and it will be maintained as a single UAN account.
- PF Withdrawal
- PF Status Online
- EPFO Login
- EPF Balance Check on Mobile
- EPF Contribution
- EPF Form 31
- Online PF Transfer
- EPF Registration
- PF Claim Form
- PF Settlement Form
- PF Transfer Form
- PF Withdrawal Rules
- PF Interest Calculator
- EPFO e Sewa
- UAN Registration
- PF Challan
- EPF Balance
- EPF Claim Status
- EPF Interest Rate
- Transfer PF Online
- Provident Fund Rules
- Gratuity Calculator
- Breakup of EPF Contribution
- PF Passbook
- Employee Pension Scheme
- EPF Form 5
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme 1952
- EPF Form 11
- PF Limit
- PF Nomination Form
- PF Statement
- Form 2
- EPF Name Correction
- PF Account Number
- PF Withdrawal Forms
- SBI EPF Account
- EPF Account Withdrawal Fraud
- EPF Money after Resignation
- EPF Life Insurance
- 7 Ways to Check PF Account Balance
- EPFO into Equities
- Unclaimed EPF Account
- EPFO Stock Market Investment
- How to Change EPF Nomination Online
- Claiming PF from Inactive EPF Accounts
- EPF vs EPS
- EPF Claim after the Death of a Subscriber
- EPF vs NPS
- EPF vs PPF
- GPF Amount Withdrawals
- Claim 100% EPF at 60 Years
- PF Act
- Centre Cracks Down on EPF
- File an RTI for EPF Withdraw or Transfer
- PF Advance withdrawal
- How to withdraw PF online
- EPF - All about Employees Provident Fund
- Difference between GPF and PPF
- difference between epf and ppf
- difference between pf and ppf
- EPF Balance Check Online
- Tax free Withdrawal limit for PF
- PF Withdrawal Reasons
- PF Declaration Form for Annual Leave Encashment
- EPF Grievance Online
- PF Loan
- New EPF withdrawal Form
- UAN for PF Settlement
- EPF Withdraw without Employer Signature
- Check Employer EPF Contribution
- EPF Transfer after Job Change
- Merge Two UAN Accounts
- EPF KYC