Individuals can access various features by logging in to the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) portal. The process to UAN Login to the EPFO portal can be completed by using the Universal Account Number (UAN) is very simple.
Steps to UAN Login
Employees who are members of the EPFO will able to login to the portal only after their UAN has been activated. Given below is the step-by-step procedure to login to the EPFO portal after the activation of the UAN:
- Visit the EPFO website (https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php).
- Click on ‘For Employees’ which can be found under ‘Our Services’.
- On the next page, click on ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’.
- Next, enter the UAN, password, and captcha details, and click on ‘Sign in’.
- The next page will be the main page of your EPFO portal.
Steps to Change Mobile Number on EPFO Portal
All communication regarding the EPF will be sent to the mobile number of the employees that is linked to their respective UAN via SMS. However, at certain times employees change their mobile number. It is vital that employees update their new mobile number on the EPFO portal immediately. The process to update the mobile number on the EPFO portal is mentioned below:
- First, employees must visit the official website of the EPFO (https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php).
- Next, under the ‘Our Services’ tab, employees must click on ‘For Employees’.
- On the next page, employees must click on the ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’ link that is present under the ‘Services’ menu.
- On the next page, employees must enter their UAN, password, and captcha details. The next step would be to click on ‘Sign In’.
- Once employees log in to the UAN portal, they must click on ‘Contact Details’ which can be found under the ‘Manage’ tab.
- On the next page, employees must click on the ‘Change Mobile No.’ option.
- The next step would be for the employees to enter the new mobile number twice in the respective boxes and click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
- An OTP will be sent to the new mobile number. Employees will need to enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’.
- Once the above step is completed, the new number will be updated on the EPFO portal.
Steps to Update Mobile Number in case individuals have forgotten password
There are times that employees have changed their mobile number but are unable to update the number on the UAN portal because they have forgotten the password. Employees must follow the steps mentioned below in case they have forgotten the password:
- Initially, employees must visit the page where they can log in to their account (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/).
- Once on the page, employees must click on ‘Forgot Password’.
- On the next page, the employee must enter the UAN and captcha details.
- Once the above details have been entered, the employee must click on ‘Submit’.
- On the next page, there will be a request to send an OTP to the old mobile number. The employee must click on the ‘No’ option which can be found against the ‘Do you wish to send the OTP on the above mobile number?’
- Next, the employee must enter his/her name, date of birth, and gender.
- Once the above details have been entered, the employee must click on ‘Verify’.
- Next, employees must select the method by which they would like to verify their details. Employees will be able to verify their details either by using the Permanent Account Number (PAN) or Aadhaar number.
- Once the relevant details are entered, employees must click on ‘Verify’.
- Once the details that are provided by the employee are validated, he/she must enter the new mobile number in the box provided and click on ‘Get OTP’.
- An OTP will be sent to the new mobile number of the employee. The employee must enter the OTP and click on ‘Verify’.
- Once the above step is complete, employees will have the option to change the password. The password will need to be entered twice in the boxes that are provided. Once the new password details have been entered, employees must click on ‘Submit’.
- Once the above step is complete, the mobile number and the password of the employee will be updated on the EPFO portal.
Advantages of Updating Mobile Number on EPFO portal
The main advantages of keeping the mobile number up to date on the EPFO portal are mentioned below:
- The EPF balance can be checked by sending an SMS from the registered mobile number.
- The status of the claim can be checked by using the registered mobile number.
- Contributions that are made to the EPF account are updated via SMS and are sent to the registered mobile number.
- In case of EPF withdrawal, once the process to credit the amount to the bank account has been initiated, the notification will be sent via SMS to the registered mobile number.
- To transfer EPF amount from the previous member ID to the current one.
- The process of validation is complete only once the OTP that is sent to the registered mobile number is entered.
Merging Multiple PF Accounts using UAN
Now, instead of closing a PF account every time a subscriber changes his/her job, he/she can merge multiple PF accounts using their UAN and manage all accounts as one. For those who wish to merge multiple PF accounts using their UAN, they can follow the steps mentioned below. Subscribers will have to ensure that they have the below-listed conditions in place before getting to the process of merging their accounts.
FAQs on UAN Login
You will have to transfer your old account (with your previous employer) to a new one. Your current employer will give you a new PF account number, to which you can transfer your funds from the previous account. This can be done on the EPFO member portal and is a fairly easy task. Though, since the UAN is still in the initial stages of implementation and covering all fields, in the future you wouldn’t need to. Providing the UAN to your current employer is enough to initiate the transfer of funds as the UAN links all PF accounts.
The UAN has all your KYC documents (PAN card, Aadhaar Card, etc.) seeded in its system. In the future, you will not need the attestation of your ex-employer (always a hassle for many) to transfer funds or make withdrawals. All that the PF account holder needs to show to make a PF transfer or a withdrawal is his/her Aadhaar card.
Yes you can, but your employer has to digitally attest your documents using his/her digital signature. Once that is done, your documents which will be seeded in the EPFO member portal will be valid. Till the process of attestation is done, your KYC will show as “Pending”.
With the introduction of the UAN, the processes with regard to PF accounts have become far more relaxed. Now, all you have to do is to declare your UAN with your present employer. The UAN will link all your accounts and it will be maintained as a single UAN account