EPF Claim Status
EPF or Employee Provident Fund can now be accessed online in a few simple steps. This service is a lifesaver for numerous employees who have no idea how to access their EPF accounts and take actions on them. Online EPF facility provided by the government offers the feature of checking their EPF balance as well as downloading the PF pass books and other related features.
Checking EPF claim status
An applicant simply needs to know his/her PF account number to access this service.
- Open EPFO website.
- Click on ‘For Employees’ under the ‘Our Services’ section.
- Click on ‘Know Your Claim Status’ under the ‘Services’ section.
- In the next page, click on ‘Click Here for Knowing the Claim Status’.
- A new page will open with a single field where you select the state of PF office.
- In the next page, you will see a list of EPFO offices in the selected city.
- Select the EPF office where the claim is to be settled from a drop down menu.
- Once you have selected the relevant office, the Office Code and Region Code sections will get filled automatically with relevant data.
- Next, you need to type in the establishment code of your employer in the 3rd box. This code is maximum 7 digits.
- If there is any extension or sub-code for the establishment code, you need to fill it in the 4th box. If there is no extension or sub-code, you can leave the field blank.
- Next, fill in your account number which is a maximum of 7 digits long in the 5th box.
- Recheck all the fields and click on submit.
- You can now view your EPF claim status.
EPFO’s Unified Portal
You can check the status of the claim submitted through the unified portal. The member will have to be a registered member and should have a UAN (Universal Account Number).
- Open EPFO’s unified portal created for members.
- Log in using the UAN and password.
- Find the ‘Online Services’ drop down in the top panel of the page.
- Click on ‘Track Claim Status’.
- You can then view the status of the claim.
2 Ways of Checking EPF Claim Status Online
EPF members can check the status of their EPF claim online by using 2 methods: the EPFO website or the UMANG app. To check the status of a claim online, it is essential that the subscriber has an active UAN.
The following is the procedure for checking the status of a claim that has already been filed:
Simple Steps through EPFO website
- Login to the EPFO website and click on the menu titled ‘Our Services’
- From the ‘Our Services’ menu, followed by the ‘For Employees’ option. Then select the option titled ‘Know Your Claim Status’
- Enter the 12-digit UAN and password
- Select the member ID that has been generated against the UAN
- The status of the claim filed will then be displayed on the following page.
For individuals who do not have an activated UAN, the status of the claim filed can be tracked using their EPF account number. The procedure is as follows:
- Login to the EPFO website and click on the menu titled ‘Our Services’
- From the ‘Our Services’ menu, select the option titled ‘Know Your Claim Status’
- Select the state in which the PF account has been opened from the drop-down menu
- Select the city from the drop-down menu
- Enter your PF account number
- On clicking the submit button, the status of your claim will be displayed on the screen.
Through UMANG App
- Open the UMANG app and choose EPFO
- Select ‘Employee Centric Services’ from the options provided
- Choose the ‘Track Claim’ option
- Enter the UAN and click on the option titled ‘Get OTP’
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number and click on the ‘Login’ option.
- All information related to your withdrawal claim will be displayed on the following page.
By Accessing the Member Claim Status Link
The status of the claim requested can be viewed by simply accessing the link https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemClaimStatusUAN/.
- Click on the above link.
- Fill in the UAN.
- Enter the Captcha code.
- Click ‘Search’.
- The Member ID will be displayed as a link to the next page. Click on the link.
- You can now view the status and other claim details.
Benefits of online EPF claim status feature
- It allows you to view the claim status online and do away with visits to concerned EPFO office.
- You can also check the PF balance if online EPF has been activated.
- Simple and hassle-free process to view claim status.
- The status is updated as and when an action takes place.
Claim Status Information
The section for selecting the state (where the employer’s registered office is located) is as shown below. Once you select the state, the region name, office code, region code, and office name will be generated as shown in the example below:
|Select PF Office State||KARNATAKA|
|Select your EPFO Office|
|Region Name||Region Code||Office Code||Office Name|
|KN - BANGALORE||BG||BNG||BANGALORE|
|KN - BANGALORE||BG||MRD||MYSOREROAD|
|KN - GULBARGA||GB||GLB||GULBARGA|
|KN - GULBARGA||GB||HBL||HUBLI|
|KN - GULBARGA||GB||BLR||BELLARY|
|KN - GULBARGA||GB||RCH||RAICHUR|
|KN - MANGALORE||KN||MLR||MANGALORE|
|KN - MANGALORE||KN||MYS||MYSORE|
|KN - MANGALORE||KN||CKR||CHIKAMAGALUR|
|KN - MANGALORE||KN||SHG||SHIMOGA|
|KN - MANGALORE||KN||UDP||UDUPPI|
|KN - PEENYA||PY||PNY||PEENYA|
|KN - PEENYA||PY||BOM||BOMMASANDRA|
|KN - PEENYA||PY||KRP||KRPURAM(WHITEFIELD)|
Here you are required to click on the Office Name where your organisation maintains the EPF accounts.
What are the things required to track your claim status?
In order to track your claim status, you only need to know the following information:
• Your EPF account number
• EPF regional office of your employer
• Establishment/Company Code and Extension Code (if relevant)
Checking transaction status on your mobile app
You can download the mobile application from the EPFO website to check the status of your last transaction, using your pensioner or member account. This will also show you the status of your claim request, i.e., whether it is approved or pending.
Checking transfer claim status
In the event of a job change, you would have to request for the transfer of the PF amount. In such a scenario, you can visit the member’s portal and check the status of your transfer claim. You would be required to enter your membership number, ID document, and mobile number. Then you can login to your account for checking the status of transfer.
SMS alerts on claim approval
If your EPF member account is linked to your mobile number, you can use the SMS facility to check if your withdrawal, pension, or transfer claim has moved to the approved status. The SMS is sent in the following instances:
- When the claim form has been received by the EPFO.
- When the claim has been approved and the corresponding amount has been moved to the bank account linked to the member.
PF Claim Status – EPF India - Android Apps on Google Play
The PF Claim Status - EPF India is a mobile application that works on Android 2.3 and above to provide you PF claim data at your fingertips. Using the app, you can check the status of your PF claim. Currently, this application enables you to assess the status of your withdrawal application, when you enter your PF account number and your employer’s establishment code. These two identifiers can be easily found on your payslip.
- PF Withdrawal
- PF Status Online
- EPFO Login
- EPF Balance Check on Mobile
- EPF Contribution
- EPF Form 31
- Online PF Transfer
- EPF Registration
- PF Claim Form
- PF Settlement Form
- PF Transfer Form
- PF Withdrawal Rules
- PF Interest Calculator
- EPFO e Sewa
- UAN Registration
- PF Challan
- EPF Balance
- EPF Interest Rate
- Transfer PF Online
- Provident Fund Rules
- Gratuity Calculator
- UAN Login
- Breakup of EPF Contribution
- PF Passbook
- Employee Pension Scheme
- EPF Form 5
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme 1952
- EPF Form 11
- PF Limit
- PF Nomination Form
- PF Statement
- Form 2
- EPF Name Correction
- PF Account Number
- PF Withdrawal Forms
- SBI EPF Account
- EPF Account Withdrawal Fraud
- EPF Money after Resignation
- EPF Life Insurance
- 7 Ways to Check PF Account Balance
- EPFO into Equities
- Unclaimed EPF Account
- EPFO Stock Market Investment
- How to Change EPF Nomination Online
- Claiming PF from Inactive EPF Accounts
- EPF vs EPS
- EPF Claim after the Death of a Subscriber
- EPF vs NPS
- EPF vs PPF
- GPF Amount Withdrawals
- Claim 100% EPF at 60 Years
- PF Act
- Centre Cracks Down on EPF
- File an RTI for EPF Withdraw or Transfer
- PF Advance withdrawal
- How to withdraw PF online
- EPF - All about Employees Provident Fund
- Difference between GPF and PPF
- difference between epf and ppf
- difference between pf and ppf
- EPF Balance Check Online
- Tax free Withdrawal limit for PF
- PF Withdrawal Reasons
- PF Declaration Form for Annual Leave Encashment
- EPF Grievance Online
- PF Loan
- New EPF withdrawal Form
- UAN for PF Settlement
- EPF Withdraw without Employer Signature
- Check Employer EPF Contribution
- EPF Transfer after Job Change
- Merge Two UAN Accounts
- EPF KYC
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.