About PF claim status
Employees will be able to check the status of the claim after they have applied to withdraw their EPF funds. The withdrawal of the EPF amount is simple from the time the EPFO launched the Universal Account Number (UAN), and the process can be completed online. However, in order to claim the EPF amount online, it is mandatory for employees to activate their UAN. The process for the activation can be done on the EPFO portal.
In order for employees to check the status of their claim, the below-mentioned details must be available with them:
- Company details
- Extension code if it needs to be provided
- Employer’s EPF Regional Office
- Universal Account Number
Various methods to check claim status
Employees will be able to check the status of the claims by following one of the below-mentioned methods:
Checking the claim status online
Employees must follow the below-mentioned procedure in case they want to check PF status online:
- Initially, employees must visit the official website of the EPFO.
- The next step would be to click on ‘For Employees’. This can be found under the ‘Our Services’ menu.
- On the next page, employees must click on ‘Know Your Claim Status’. The link is provided under ‘Services’.
- On the next page, the employee must enter his/her UAN and captcha details. Once the details are entered the employee must click on ‘Search’.
- On the next page, the employee must enter the PF number, establishment code, the PF office (under the drop-down menu), and the state where the PF office is present.
- Once the above-mentioned details are entered, the employer must click on ‘Submit’. The status of the claim will be displayed on the screen.
In order to help employees who have applied to PF withdrawal amount, the EPFO updates them via SMS that is sent to their registered mobile number. An SMS is sent to the employee under the below-mentioned circumstances:
- Once the application of the claim is received.
- Once the funds have been transferred to the employee’s bank account.
Employees can also check the status of their claim by logging in to their UAN portal. The procedure to log in to the EPFO portal is mentioned below:
- First, employees must visit the EPFO portal where they can log in to the UAN portal (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/). The employee must enter his/her UAN, password, and captcha details. Once the details are entered, the employee must click on ‘Sign in’.
- Once the employee has logged in to the UAN portal, he/she must click on ‘Track Claim Status’ which can be found under ‘Online Services’.
- On the next page, the details of the "Online Claim Status" will be displayed on the screen.
- Once you scroll down, the details of "Transfer Claim Status" will be displayed on the screen.
By giving a missed call
Employees can check the status of their claim by giving a missed call to 011-22901406 from their registered mobile number. However, the employee must link the mobile number with their UAN. The employee must also update his/her Aadhaar, Permanent Account Number (PAN), and bank account details on the UAN portal.
The employee does not incur any charges as the call would get disconnected after two rings. The details of the claim will be received via SMS on the registered mobile number.
By sending an SMS
Employees can check the status of their claim by sending an SMS. The employee must link their mobile with the UAN portal and the SMS must be sent from that mobile number. The format of the SMS must be “EPFOHO UAN LAN”, and it must be sent to 7738299899. In the format, ‘LAN’ is the language the employee would like to receive the details in. Below mentioned is the table for the various languages and the codes that the SMS facility is available in:
By using the UMANG app
Employees can also check various details regarding their PF such as balance available, claim status, etc., by using the Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG) app. The UMANG app must be downloaded and is available in both iOS and Android platforms.
Here is a step-by-step procedure to track your PF claim on the UMANG App:
- Download and install the UMANG app from the Play Store or App Store. Next, log in to your EPFO account, you will have two options, viz. ‘MPIN’ and ‘Login with OTP’. Enter your mobile number and choose your preferred option.
- If you choose ‘Login with OTP’, you will have receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter it in the provided space to log in to your account.
- After you have entered your OTP, click on ‘Login’.
- Once you log in, you will be redirected to the main page of the EPFO portal. Here, you will have to select ‘Employee Centric Services’.
- Next, select ‘Track Claim’ and you will be redirected to the page where you can track your claim status.
- This page shows your claim status. In case you have no claims, the screen will appear as below. But if you do have claims, the screen will show the details of the claim status.
Some of the services available on the UMANG app are mentioned below:
- Passbook can be viewed
- Claims can be raised
- Claims status can be checked
- PF claims can be checked
- Establishments can be searched
- Location of the EPFO office can be searched
- Temporary Return Reference Number (TRRN) status can be acquired
FAQs on EPF Claim Status
Form 10C is for pension withdrawal and for Provident Fund withdrawal, it is Form 19.
No, employers cannot reduce their share of contribution towards the EPF. It is against the law for employers to reduce their contribution.
No, employees cannot make contributions towards the EPF after their resignation. The contribution of the employer and employee must match, and since there is no contribution made by the employer, the employee cannot make any contribution as well.
Form 31, Form 10C, and Form 19 are the three types of claims PF members can apply for with the employer’s attestation. However, the Universal Account Number (UAN) of the member must be activated. The bank account and Aadhaar number of the member must also be linked to the UAN and the employer must approve both details using a Digital Certificate Signature.
According to the EPF scheme, the claim must be settled by 20 days.
PF claim forms can be submitted both online and offline. PF non-refundable advances, pension withdrawal benefits, and the Composite Claim Form can be submitted online. However, the member’s bank details, Permanent Account Number (PAN), and Aadhaar number must be linked with the UAN. All types of claims forms can be filed offline.
Given below is the different types of forms available for availing claim benefits:
- Composite Claim Form: Used for advances/withdrawal benefits/final settlement
- Form 10D: For pension
- Form 10C: For the Scheme Certificate
- Form 11: For the declaration of past service
- Form 2: In order to nominate members of the family
- Form 13: Used for the transfer of the PF account from the previous employer to the current one.
Members will be able to raise their grievances on the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) portal (http://epfigms.gov.in/). They can also raise their grievances by approaching the Regional PF Commissioner.
No, the widow and children of a pensioner can withdraw the pension only at the same bank and place.
EPF Other Pages
- EPF Form 5
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme 1952
- EPF Form 11
- PF Limit
- PF Nomination Form
- PF Statement
- Form 2
- EPF Name Correction
- PF Account Number
- PF Withdrawal Forms
- SBI EPF Account
- EPF Account Withdrawal Fraud
- EPF Money after Resignation
- EPF Life Insurance
- 7 Ways to Check PF Account Balance
- EPFO into Equities