EPF Claim Status
EPF or Employee Provident Fund can now be accessed online in a few simple steps. This service is a lifesaver for numerous employees who have no idea how to access their EPF accounts and take actions on them. Online EPF facility provided by the government offers the feature of checking their EPF balance as well as downloading the PF pass books and other related features.
Checking EPF claim status
You can check the EPF claim status online by following a few steps if you are a member, subscriber or pensioner. People who have submitted a claim at any of the EPFO offices in India can use this service to check the status of their applications in real time. An applicant simply needs to know his/her PF account number to access this service.
- Open EPFO website.
- Click on ‘For Employees’ under the ‘Our Services’ section.
- Click on ‘Know Your Claim Status’ under the ‘Services’ section.
- In the next page, click on ‘Click Here for Knowing the Claim Status’.
- A new page will open with a single field where you select the state of PF office.
- In the next page, you will see a list of EPFO offices in the selected city.
- Select the EPF office where the claim is to be settled from a drop down menu.
- Once you have selected the relevant office, the Office Code and Region Code sections will get filled automatically with relevant data.
- Next, you need to type in the establishment code of your employer in the 3rd box. This code is maximum 7 digits.
- If there is any extension or sub-code for the establishment code, you need to fill it in the 4th box. If there is no extension or sub-code, you can leave the field blank.
- Next, fill in your account number which is a maximum of 7 digits long in the 5th box.
- Recheck all the fields and click on submit.
- You can now view your EPF claim status.
Benefits of online EPF claim status feature
- It allows you to view the claim status online and do away with visits to concerned EPFO office.
- You can also check the PF balance if online EPF has been activated.
- Simple and hassle-free process to view claim status.
- The status is updated as and when an action takes place.
Claim Status Information
The section for selecting the state (where the employer’s registered office is located) is as shown below. Once you select the state, the region name, office code, region code, and office name will be generated as shown in the example below:
|Select PF Office State||KARNATAKA|
|Select your EPFO Office|
|Region Name||Region Code||Office Code||Office Name|
|KN - BANGALORE||BG||BNG||BANGALORE|
|KN - BANGALORE||BG||MRD||MYSOREROAD|
|KN - GULBARGA||GB||GLB||GULBARGA|
|KN - GULBARGA||GB||HBL||HUBLI|
|KN - GULBARGA||GB||BLR||BELLARY|
|KN - GULBARGA||GB||RCH||RAICHUR|
|KN - MANGALORE||KN||MLR||MANGALORE|
|KN - MANGALORE||KN||MYS||MYSORE|
|KN - MANGALORE||KN||CKR||CHIKAMAGALUR|
|KN - MANGALORE||KN||SHG||SHIMOGA|
|KN - MANGALORE||KN||UDP||UDUPPI|
|KN - PEENYA||PY||PNY||PEENYA|
|KN - PEENYA||PY||BOM||BOMMASANDRA|
|KN - PEENYA||PY||KRP||KRPURAM(WHITEFIELD)|
Here you are required to click on the Office Name where your organisation maintains the EPF accounts.
What are the things required to track your claim status?
In order to track your claim status, you only need to know the following information:
• Your EPF account number
• EPF regional office of your employer
• Establishment/Company Code and Extension Code (if relevant)
Checking transaction status on your mobile app
You can download the mobile application from the EPFO website to check the status of your last transaction, using your pensioner or member account. This will also show you the status of your claim request, i.e., whether it is approved or pending.
Checking transfer claim status
In the event of a job change, you would have to request for the transfer of the PF amount. In such a scenario, you can visit the member’s portal and check the status of your transfer claim. You would be required to enter your membership number, ID document, and mobile number. Then you can login to your account for checking the status of transfer.
SMS alerts on claim approval
If your EPF member account is linked to your mobile number, you can use the SMS facility to check if your withdrawal, pension, or transfer claim has moved to the approved status. The SMS is sent in the following instances:
- When the claim form has been received by the EPFO.
- When the claim has been approved and the corresponding amount has been moved to the bank account linked to the member.
PF Claim Status – EPF India - Android Apps on Google Play
The PF Claim Status - EPF India is a mobile application that works on Android 2.3 and above to provide you PF claim data at your fingertips. Using the app, you can check the status of your PF claim. Currently, this application enables you to assess the status of your withdrawal application, when you enter your PF account number and your employer’s establishment code. These two identifiers can be easily found on your payslip.
- EPF Balance
- EPF Claim Status
- EPF Interest Rate
- How to Transfer PF Amount
- Provident Fund Rules
- SBI EPF
- Gratuity Calculator
- EPF Account Withdrawal Fraud
- EPF Money after Resignation
- EPF Life Insurance
- 7 Ways to Check PF Account Balance
- EPFO into Equities
- New EPF Withdrawal Form
- Unclaimed EPF Account
- EPFO Stock Market Investment
- How to Access UAN Account after Changing the Mobile Number
- How to Change EPF Nomination Online
- Claiming PF from Inactive EPF Accounts
- EPF vs EPS
- EPF Claim after the Death of a Subscriber
- EPF vs NPS
- EPF vs PPF
- GPF Amount Withdrawals
- Claim 100% EPF at 60 Years
- Breakup of EPF Contribution
- EPF Contribution in Basic Salary
- Centre Cracks Down on EPF
- Employee Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme
- EPF e-Passbook
- Employee Pension Scheme
- File an RTI for EPF Withdraw or Transfer