The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. The services offered by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation are listed below:
Employees' Provident Fund Scheme, 1952
Employees' Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme, 1976
Employees' Pension Scheme, 1995
EPFO Member Portal
The EPFO member portal at http://members.epfoservices.in provides all information and services related to your Employee Provident Fund (EPF). You have to log into the portal to check your EPF balance by accessing your online Employee Provident Fund (EPF) Account Passbook. The portal, therefore, obviates the need to await your year-end EPF receipts for knowing your current EPF balance. The website is convenient in that you can log into the member portal at any time by registering your details, following which you can easily view all your accounts online. What’s more, you will also receive an SMS when your e-passbook is available.
How to log in to EPFO Member Portal
The following steps need to be taken to log into the EPFO Member Portal.
- You have to open the member of Employee Provident Fund.
- Fill in the required details in the main page for registration.
- You have to ensure that you enter the correct document type since you will have to log into the portal using the same details provided by you. After you are registered, you can log into the EPFO member portal. For instance, if you wish to register into the portal by using your PAN Card, you have to select PAN Number in the tab ‘Select Any One Document’ and enter your PAN Card number.
- Please check the details before submitting them to get your PIN number.
- After submitting your details, you will get an authorization PIN.
- You should then enter the authorization PIN, following which, you will be registered.
By following the aforementioned steps, you can open the member portal by entering specific details namely, mobile number, document type and document number and successfully download your EPF Passbook from the website.
EPFO Member Portal
You would do well to remember the following pertinent points
- You can use only one mobile number for registration purposes.
- While you can add multiple id numbers, you can use any one with your mobile number to log into the EPFO member portal.
- You can view your EPF account passbook after registering yourself. It is important to note that you can avail of this facility only if your employer has uploaded the electronic challan cum return from (wage month) May 2012 onwards.
- As a registered member, you can view only one account under one employer. If you have more than one account under a single employer, you should apply for a transfer by filling in the required details in Form 13.
- You can view up to 10 accounts under different organisations (establishments). There is no restriction on the number of times you can view all the accounts.
- You need not create any user id and password. You only have to use your mobile number and any one identification proof such as Aadhar, PAN, National Population Register, Voter ID, driving license and passport to register and login.
- If you wish to view your inoperative accounts, you have to make an official request in that the facility to display inoperative accounts may be provided after a request for the same is made through official channels. It is, however, important to note that the said facility is not available for current members of organisations (establishments) which have exemption as per EPF Scheme 1952.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced an universal account number (UAN) to facilitate Provident Fund (PF) number portability. EPFO’s Universal Account Number (UAN) member portal
accessible at http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/index.php offers several facilities via a single window.
The UAN is an umbrella for several member IDs of an individual given by different organisations (establishments). UAN, therefore, links multiple Member Identification Numbers of one member. If you have already been allotted a Universal Account Number (UAN), you have to give the same to your new employer so the latter can mark the new Member ID to the allotted UAN. Firstly, you must contact your organisation (establishment) to get your UAN. You should then activate your registration to utilize several facilities such as download of UAN card, updating of KYC related information and member passbook among others. Currently, active members (contribution received from October 2013 onwards) can only register (your mobile number is required to activate registration).
- EPF Balance
- EPF Claim Status
- EPF Interest Rate
- How to Transfer PF Amount
- Provident Fund Rules
- SBI EPF
- Gratuity Calculator
- EPF Account Withdrawal Fraud
- EPF Money after Resignation
- EPF Life Insurance
- 7 Ways to Check PF Account Balance
- EPFO into Equities
- New EPF Withdrawal Form
- Unclaimed EPF Account
- EPFO Stock Market Investment
- How to Access UAN Account after Changing the Mobile Number
- How to Change EPF Nomination Online
- Claiming PF from Inactive EPF Accounts
- EPF vs EPS
- EPF Claim after the Death of a Subscriber
- EPF vs NPS
- EPF vs PPF
- GPF Amount Withdrawals
- Claim 100% EPF at 60 Years
- Breakup of EPF Contribution
- EPF Contribution in Basic Salary
- Centre Cracks Down on EPF
- Employee Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme
- EPF e-Passbook
- Employee Pension Scheme
- File an RTI for EPF Withdraw or Transfer