About EPFO Member Portal
The portal, therefore, obviates the need to await your year-end EPF receipts for knowing your current EPF balance. The website is convenient in that you can log in to the EPFO member portal at any time by registering your details, following which you can easily view all your accounts online. What’s more, you will also receive an SMS when your e-passbook is available.
The EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organization) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Labor and Employment, Government of India.
Services offered by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization are listed below:
|Employees' Provident Fund Scheme, 1952||All the establishments with an employed workforce of 20 or more individuals are covered under this scheme. On retirement, the employee will get a lump sum amount which is the addition of both the employee’s and the employer’s contribution with added interest on both the amounts|
|Employees' Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme, 1976||It is an insurance plan which is applicable for all the employees who are enrolled under the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) and Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS). The monetary benefits under this scheme will be paid to the family members (dependent) of the employee or the nominated individual after the death of the employee registered under the scheme|
|Employees' Pension Scheme, 1995||The contribution towards this scheme is made by the employer and the government based on the employee’s salary. The monetary benefit is delivered in the form of pension to the employee as long as they are alive. After their death, the benefit is given to the spouse and two children (only if they are less than 25 years old)|
How to Login to EPFO Member Portal
The following steps need to be taken to log into the EPFO Member Portal
- You have to open the member of Employee Provident Fund.
- Fill in the required details in the main page for registration.
- You have to ensure that you enter the correct document type since you will have to log into the portal using the same details provided by you. After you are registered, you can log into the EPFO member portal. For instance, if you wish to register into the portal by using your PAN Card, you have to select PAN Number in the tab ‘Select Any One Document’ and enter your PAN Card number.
- Please check the details before submitting them to get your PIN number.
- After submitting your details, you will get an authorization PIN.
- You should then enter the authorization PIN, following which, you will be registered.
By following the aforementioned steps, you can open the member portal by entering specific details namely, mobile number, document type and document number and successfully download your EPF Passbook from the website.
Figure 2: The login page of the EPFO where registered users are required to log in to the portal using their User Name, Password, and the Captcha code.
Figure 2.1: After logging in to the portal, the user will be able to see his/her Member IDs that are registered under his/her UAN on the left side column of the screen. Clicking on the Member IDs will allow the user to check the EPF balance from different passbooks related to different employers.
Services under EPFO Member Portal
You would do well to remember the following pertinent points
- You can use only one mobile number for registration purposes.
- While you can add multiple id numbers, you can use only one of them with your mobile number to log into the EPFO member portal.
- You can view your EPF account passbook after registering yourself. It is important to note that you can avail of this facility only if your employer has uploaded the electronic challan cum return from (wage month) May 2012 onwards.
- As a registered member, you can view only one account under one employer. If you have more than one account under a single employer, you should apply for a transfer by filling in the required details in Form 11.
- You can view up to 10 accounts under different organizations (establishments). There is no restriction on the number of times you can view all the accounts.
- You need not create any user id and password. You only have to use your mobile number and one of your identification proof such as Aadhar, PAN, National Population Register, Voter ID, driving license and passport to register and login.
- If you wish to view your inoperative accounts, you have to make an official request in that the facility to display inoperative accounts may be provided after a request for the same is made through official channels. It is, however, important to note that the said facility is not available for current members of organizations (establishments) which have exemption as per EPF Scheme 1952.
EPFO’s Pensioners Portal
The EPFO’s Pensioners Portal was established as a means of creating a vehicle for India’s Pensioners Associations. The policies for pensioners is formulated by the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare. The department addresses various concerns of pensioners, and also provides information on pension rules, various pension schemes, retirement benefits and pension processes. The portal was created to bridge the distance between the government and pensioners. The portal was developed with the aim of making the pension sanctioning and disbursement process smoother. The Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare wished to have a system of governance that centred around the interest of pensioners and to make the practices of the department more transparent.
EPFO International Workers
The EPFO website also has a facility for employees who travel abroad for employment purposes. The Certificate Of Coverage (CoC) is generally required for employees working abroad temporarily to claim tax exemptions in the host country. This process can be done online and is thereby made more convenient and easily accessible for employees travelling abroad. At present, Indian residents travelling abroad for employment purposes temporarily can claim exemptions in 18 countries.
One Employee-One EPF Account
The One Employee-One EPF Account was launched in 2016 to help employees consolidate their previous EPF accounts. Before the launch of the UAN, employees had one PF account with one employer. The One Employee-One EPF Account allows employees to transfer funds from old EPF accounts to the EPF account that is linked with the UAN. However, the old EPF accounts cannot be merged with the new one since the regional offices that handle the EPF accounts are usually different. Claims for EPF transfers from old PF accounts can be done online through the Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP) and the request for PF transfers are instantly registered with the EPFO.
EPFO UAN Help Desk
The EPFO has a separate portal for all queries related to the UAN. A subscriber can avail the services of the portal by registering in the help-desk portal and provide certain details such as the UAN, Aadhar number and PAN. The help desk provides assistance with almost all EPF and UAN related issues.
EPFO Login for Employers
The EPFO has also developed a separate system for employers to help them transfer claims in a more efficient and convenient way. The process for employers to login to the EPFO portal is the same as that of employees. Employers need to have a UAN which has been registered and activated with the EPFO portal. To log in and avail services, employers should use their UAN as the user ID and the password that was created at the time of activation.
The online services for employers include registering a new establishment, making ECR challan payments, creating EPF accounts for employees and approving EPF claims among many other services.
- PF Withdrawal
- PF Status Online
- EPF Balance Check on Mobile
- EPF Contribution
- EPF Form 31
- Online PF Transfer
- EPF Registration
- PF Claim Form
- PF Settlement Form
- PF Transfer Form
- PF Withdrawal Rules
- PF Interest Calculator
- EPFO e Sewa
- UAN Registration
- PF Challan
- EPF Balance
- EPF Claim Status
- EPF Interest Rate
- Transfer PF Online
- Provident Fund Rules
- Gratuity Calculator
- UAN Login
- Breakup of EPF Contribution
- PF Passbook
- Employee Pension Scheme
- EPF Form 5
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme 1952
- EPF Form 11
- PF Limit
- PF Nomination Form
- PF Statement
- Form 2
- EPF Name Correction
- PF Account Number
- PF Withdrawal Forms
- SBI EPF Account
- EPF Account Withdrawal Fraud
- EPF Money after Resignation
- EPF Life Insurance
- 7 Ways to Check PF Account Balance
- EPFO into Equities
- Unclaimed EPF Account
- EPFO Stock Market Investment
- How to Change EPF Nomination Online
- Claiming PF from Inactive EPF Accounts
- EPF vs EPS
- EPF Claim after the Death of a Subscriber
- EPF vs NPS
- EPF vs PPF
- GPF Amount Withdrawals
- Claim 100% EPF at 60 Years
- PF Act
- Centre Cracks Down on EPF
- File an RTI for EPF Withdraw or Transfer
- PF Advance withdrawal
- How to withdraw PF online
- EPF - All about Employees Provident Fund
- Difference between GPF and PPF
- difference between epf and ppf
- difference between pf and ppf
- EPF Balance Check Online
- Tax free Withdrawal limit for PF
- PF Withdrawal Reasons
- PF Declaration Form for Annual Leave Encashment
- EPF Grievance Online
- PF Loan
- New EPF withdrawal Form
- UAN for PF Settlement
- EPF Withdraw without Employer Signature
- Check Employer EPF Contribution
- EPF Transfer after Job Change
- Merge Two UAN Accounts
- EPF KYC
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.