EPFO launched a special facility for attaining the online receipt of Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) since April 2012 where March was paid in April. The employers are simply required to make a registration of their establishments on the portal by creating a unique user ID as well as a secured password in the portal, to avail the facility.
Once registered, the employers are allowed to upload the Electronic Return. The uploaded return data gets displayed with the help of a digitally signed copy that can be saved in the PDF format, online. The document is printable too. After it is approved by the employer himself or herself online, a Challan will pop up on the screen that is based on the uploaded return. The employer can also choose to pay through the internet banking facility of SBI. He or she also has the option to print a hard copy of the Challan and thereafter pay at any listed branch of State Bank of India (SBI). It is suggestible that the employer keeps both a soft and hard copy for reference and documentation sake.
Advantages of Using The ESEWA Portal for Employers
This facility has tremendous potential and the EPF e-Sewa benefits include:
- Employers have the option of no paper return that needs preparation and submission to EPFO.
- There is no requirement anymore for submitting other returns viz Form 5/10/12A,3A and 6A.
- Once the payment is made, the employers will be immediately notified for the confirmation of payment via SMS.
- The EPF contribution would be hence credited to all the member’s account month wise.
- The annual accounts slips are available for viewing for the year 2011 to 2012 online and so on.
- A request can be sent by the employers for the annual slips, through the portal, for availing account slips prior 2011.
How to Use the ESEWA Facility
Kindly follow the steps enlisted to register and use the EPF e-Sewa facility at your convenience:
- Use the following URL to avail the ESEWA facilty: http://esewa.epfoservices.in/
- Register your establishment at EPFO website.
- The portal will provide you with a system generated username and password sent to your mobile, temporarily.
- When you log in for the first time with the given temporary username and password, you need to create a permanent User Id as well as a new password to login and enjoy all the facilities through the ESEWA portal.
FAQs on EPF e-SEWA
How long is the online generated chalan valid for?
The online chalan that you receive, is valid for 12 days.
As an employer, what happens if I do not register?
The generation of the online challan is only possible if the employer registers his or her establishment. It only takes a few minutes of your time to register and create your username and password for accessing the Employer Portal of EPFO.
When the pages for Registration ask for the entry of PAN, which PAN are we supposed to enter as being the Employer and Authorised Signatory?
You are supposed to enter the PAN issued by the Income Tax of India that has been registered in the name of your establishment Remember to enter the name as it shows on your PAN.
As an employer who is already registered with a username and password, what should I do, if I lose your forget my password?
When at the login page of the Employer Portal, a link is available right below the login area labelled as "Forgot Password?". You simply need to click the link. A pop up screen will appear where you can enter your establishment id. you then need to enter the user id or the primary mobile number or even the primary e-mail id will do. Once you submit, a text or email will be sent through which you can login.
If an individual is the employer and authorised signatory for multiple establishments, can he or she use the same login details for all the establishments?
No, as you need separate login details for separate establishments and hence requiring separate login details.
How can i change the profile details of my establishment?
Simply login at the Employer Portal. Look for the "PROFILE" Menu under which you need to click a link labelled "Edit profile". You can hence make the changes there on the profile details and click on the link "Get PIN". You will receive a text on the registered primary mobile number. Simply enter the provided PIN and click on the link labelled, “Update Profile”. You will receive a confirmation message on your phone through SMS.
What do I require to get a grant of exemption from any of the schemes?
Exemption is approved granted for an establishment that is covered under the “Act (i) if the rules of its provident fund with respect to the rates of contribution are not less favorable than those specified in Section 6 of the Act and (ii) if the employees are also in enjoyment of other provident fund benefits which on the whole are not less favorable to the employees than the benefits provided under this Act or any Scheme in relation to the employees in any other establishment of a similar character,” as per the EPF portal.
- EPF Balance
- EPF Claim Status
- EPF Interest Rate
- How to Transfer PF Amount
- Provident Fund Rules
- SBI EPF
- Gratuity Calculator
- EPF Account Withdrawal Fraud
- EPF Money after Resignation
- EPF Life Insurance
- 7 Ways to Check PF Account Balance
- EPFO into Equities
- New EPF Withdrawal Form
- Unclaimed EPF Account
- EPFO Stock Market Investment
- How to Access UAN Account after Changing the Mobile Number
- How to Change EPF Nomination Online
- Claiming PF from Inactive EPF Accounts
- EPF vs EPS
- EPF Claim after the Death of a Subscriber
- EPF vs NPS
- EPF vs PPF
- GPF Amount Withdrawals
- Claim 100% EPF at 60 Years
- Breakup of EPF Contribution
- EPF Contribution in Basic Salary
- Centre Cracks Down on EPF
- Employee Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme
- EPF e-Passbook
- Employee Pension Scheme
- File an RTI for EPF Withdraw or Transfer