The status of an individual's Aadhaar card can be determined easily through the internet by making use of the UIDAI's online portal as well as through one's mobile phone via an SMS or text message. Both are hassle-free processes and are extremely simple to use.
Steps to Check Aadhaar Card Status Online
The status of Aadhaar can be checked online through the UIDAI’s status checking service by following the steps mentioned below:
Visit the official website of the UIDAI to check Aadhaar status online
- At the bottom right corner of the page there is a link to ‘Enrolment/Download E-aadhaar/Update’
- After clicking on this link Aadhar applicants will be directed to the Aadhaar Kiosk, which displays a number of options with regards to Aadhaar enrollment as well as updation and status checks
- On this page choose the third option on the left, which says ‘Check Aadhaar Status’
- After clicking this option they will be directed to a page where they can check the status of their Aadhaar
- The following information will have to be entered in the blank spaces in order to check the status
- Enrolment ID - Enter the Enrolment ID in this space provided. The Enrolment ID should be in the following format EID(1234/12345/12345)
- Date and Time - Enter the Date and Time in the next space. The Date and Time should be entered in the following format (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss)
- Security Code - Enter the security code displayed on the screen
- Click the ‘Check Status’ button at the bottom of the screen
- Not Sure about the Enrolment ID Number?
- In case one is unsure of the Enrolment ID number all they need to do is check the application form. At the top of the Aadhaar acknowledgement slip there is a 14 digit enrolment number as well as a 14 digit number corresponding to the date and the time of enrolment. These numbers make up the temporary Enrolment ID (EID).
UIDAI also has the option of resetting or cancelling in case the applicant has entered any incorrect information.
How to Verify Mobile Phone Number Online
Aadhaar status can also be determined over the registered mobile phone by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of the UIDAI
- At the bottom of the screen go to the ‘Aadhar Services’ section, where a link to 'Enrolment/Download E-Aadhaar/Update' will be displayed
- Applicants will then be directed to the Aadhaar Kiosk after clicking on this link. On the subsequent page a number of options will be displayed with regards to Aadhaar enrolment as well as updation and status checks
- On the right hand side of the page, choose the ‘Verify Email/Mobile’ option
- A new page will open where the mobile number that was declared during the enrolment process will need to be verified
- After that one needs to enter his/her personal details such as
- The 12 digit Aadhaar Number
- Email id or mobile number
- Enter the security code as displayed on the screen and click on the 'Generate Verification Code'
- Enter the verification code that is sent to the registered mobile phone
- To complete the verification process click on the ‘Verify’ button at the bottom of the screen
How to Check Aadhar Card Status with & Without Enrolment Details
While checking the application status of Aadhaar is a fairly straightforward process, the UIDAI has made it accessible to residents regardless of whether they have their acknowledgement details with them or not. Prior to this development, it was not possible to determine the status of the Aadhaar application without any acknowledgement details, but now any resident can find out their UID Card status by following a few simple steps.
Procedure to Search Aadhaar Status with Enrolment Number
If an applicant already has his/her acknowledgement details, then he/she can check the status of the Aadhaar URN by following this step-by-step procedure:
- Open the official website of the UIDAI to check Aadhaar status by enrolment number
- They will notice a link at the bottom right side of the opening page which says ‘Aadhaar Services’.
- Click on this link to go to the Aadhaar Kiosk page, where a range of links is displayed in relation to Aadhaar. One can also go to the ‘Get Aadhaar’ link, an option which says ‘Check Aadhaar Status’ can be seen
- Choose the ‘Check Aadhaar Status’ option either on the Kiosk page or the ‘Get Aadhaar’ page
- A page will show up, which will prompt the Aadhaar applicants to enter details in order to check their Aadhaar status
- Applicants will be required to fill in all the blank spaces with relevant information, while the spaces marked with a ‘*’ are to be mandatorily filled in
- Enter the Enrolment ID number in the first space in the format given EID(9876/98765/9876)
- Enter the date and time in the second space in the format given ie: (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss)
- Enter the four digit security code that shows up on the screen
- Click on ‘Check Status’, which is shown at the bottom of the page
How to check Aadhaar status by name at the official UIDAI website?
After the enrolment process, it takes up to 90 days for the physical copy of Aadhaar to reach the applicants. The UIDAI provides services for people to check the status of their Aadhaar on its website. The steps to search Aadhaar status with enrolment number at the UIDAI website has already been discussed.
However, it is not uncommon of people to forget the long chain of digits in their enrolment id number. In such cases, applicants often try to search for the status by providing their names, date of birth, mobile phone number, email address etc. Although these demographic details are mentioned in the acknowledgment slip received after the enrolment, there is unfortunately no provision to search Aadhaar status by name, phone number, and date of birth.
Aadhaar card status search is only possible when the applicants have their enrolment id at hand. However, there is no need to panic if one cannot remember his/her Aadhar EID number.
The UIDAI has provisions to retrieve Aadhaar Enrolment ID. The steps to search EID is already mentioned above.
UIDAI has no option to search Aadhaar status by phone number. But applicants can know their Aadhaar number via the registered mobile number.
In the event the Aadhaar Card has already been issued, then a text message will be sent to the applicant displaying his/her Aadhaar Card number. If the Aadhaar Card has not yet been generated then a text message will be sent displaying the present status of the card.
Procedure to Check Aadhaar Status without Acknowledgement Details
If applicants cannot remember their Enrolment number or if they have misplaced or lost the acknowledgement slip, they can still check on the status of Aadhaar by following this step-by-step procedure:
- First, visit the UIDAI official website
- Scroll down to the ‘Aadhaar Services’ link towards the bottom of the screen and click on it
- On the next screen a button can be seen which says ‘Find UID/EID’, which is the the fourth link on the left hand side of the page
- The step above will directe to a page which asks whether the applicants would like to receive their lost Aadhaar Number or lost Enrolment Number
- If EID number holders want to receive their Enrolment Number, then they have to choose the ‘Enrolment No (EID)’ option
- Following this, they will be required to enter the following personal details in the spaces below:
- Applicant’s full name
- Email ID or mobile phone number (It is to be noted that it is compulsory to provide either the registered email id or registered mobile number in order to receive the lost EID/UID)
- Enter the security code that is displayed on the screen, which is in the form of random numbers
- Click the ‘Get OTP’ button
- Once they have received the OTP in the email or mobile phone enter it in the ‘Enter OTP’ space
- Click the ‘Verify OTP’ button
- Applicants will then receive their Aadhaar Enrolment Number either by mail or on their phone as a text message
Steps to Check Aadhaar Card Status by Phone
To then check the Aadhaar Status through mobile phone, applicants will need to type out the following SMS or text message "UID STATUS <14 digit enrolment number>". For instance UID STATUS12345678912345
Send the SMS to 51969 to receive information regarding the status of Aadhar.
How to check Aadhar status through India Post?
The status of delivery for Aadhar Card can be tracked online on the official website of India Post. With the help of the facilities offered by UIDAI, one can get the Aadhar card delivered to his/her house at no cost. After the applicants are done with the enrolment of the Aadhar Card at the Aadhar centre, the Aadhar Card will be dispersed and sent to them at the residential address within a period of 60 days to 90 days. Applicants may also check the delivery status of your Aadhar Card using the Aadhar number at any India Post Office.
Aadhar Delivery Status can also be checked by going on the official website of India Post. All one need to do on the website is enter the Aadhar Enrolment Number, time and date of enrolment. The delivery status for the Aadhar Card will be shown on the screen after the applicant enters these details.