Aadhaar Card is one of the most important documents in India, which can be used for availing benefits from different government schemes and for other purposes such as opening a bank account, applying for gas connection, etc.
To make it easy for the Indian citizens to apply for Aadhaar cards, the UIDAI has opened several Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centres in the country. These centres are present in almost all the regions and are run by registrars appointed by the UIDAI.
How to locate Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centre near you
You can look for your closest enrolment centre by following the steps listed below:
- Once you log into UIDAI's official website, that is, uidai.gov.in, you will need to click on "Locate Enrolment & Update Centres" that is listed under the section Aadhaar Enrolment.
- Once you click on "Locate Enrolment & Update Centres," you will be redirected to a new page.
- On the new page, you will need to furnish details the name of your state, district, sub-district, and village/town/city.
- Next, you will need to type in a verification code and click on the “Search” option.
- Once you do that, a list of the enrolment centres in your area will appear on the screen.
States/UT under NPR:
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Jammu & Kashmir
- West Bengal
- Tamil Nadu