The Unique Identification project was launched by the Planning Commission to provide better welfare services to the residents of the country as well as to act as an overseeing entity to monitor a wide range of governmental schemes and programs.
Services Provides by UIDAI
The UIDAI provides both online and offline services to the residents regarding all issues related to Aadhaar. One can check UIDAI enrolment centre locations, check status of his/her Aadhaar, update his/her UIDAI Aadhaar data online at the official website. The Unique Identification Authority of India also provides offline services for the same. Anyone can visiting the enrolment centres authorised by UIDAI to check his/her Aadhaar data or voice their issues and concerns.
Also, the UIDAI is adding new services to its list almost every day for people to check online. The online services available right now are:
Aadhaar Enrolment Services at UIDAI
- Enrolment & Update Centres in Banks & Post offices
- Locate Enrolment & Update Centres
- Check Aadhaar Status
- Download Aadhaar
- Get Aadhaar Number on Mobile
- Retrieve Lost UID/EID
Aadhaar Update at UIDAI
- UIDAI Address Update Request (Online)
- Update at Enrolment Centre
- Check UIDAI Aadhaar Status - Updates done at Enrolment Centre/ECMP
- Check UIDAI Aadhar Status - Updates done Online
Aadhaar Services at UIDAI
- Verify Aadhaar Number
- Verify Email/Mobile Number
- Lock/Unlock Biometrics
- Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status
- Aadhaar Authentication History
- Virtual ID (VID) Generator
Features of the UIDAI Model
The main features of the UIDAI Model are:
- Focus on the poor - One of the main features of the UIDAI Model is its focus on the poorer and economically backward communities of India. It aims to bring a majority of the poorer sections of society under the UID scheme so as to enhance delivery of services to the underprivileged.
- Resident Enrolment with a thorough and bona fide verification process - In order to avoid instances of fraud and duplication within the UIDAI database, the UIDAI Authority has chalked out a plan to conduct registration of residents by accessing their biometric and demographic details before entering them into the database.
- Responsibility as a partner - The UIDAI is tasked with collaborating with state and central departments as well as certain agencies from the private sector. These agencies will act as registrars for the UIDAI
- Flexibility - The model also ensures flexibility as far as issuance of cards, collection of data, verification, processing etc. are concerned.
- Zero duplication - The model also ensure that the system is designed in such a way so as to avoid instances of duplication of data within the database.
- Authentication via online means - The UIDAI will ensure that resident’s demographic as well as biometric data can be accessed and compared by the relevant agencies only through strict online authentication
- Security of Information - Through the use of the latest technology systems, the UIDAI will ensure that all data collated within the database will be safe and secure.
Role of the UIDAI
The main roles of the UIDAI are as follows:
- Utilising the assistance of service providers to help with the development, design and deployment of Aadhaar applications.
- Issuance of Aadhaar to Indian residents
- Establish fixed standards with regards to the enrolment of residents as well as the authentication process
- Recruitment of Registrars and providing approval to agencies dealing with resident enrolment among other things
- To improve and enhance the objectives of the scheme by providing assistance in terms of service creation dependent on authentication of Aadhaar
Search UID or EID by Name
If you have forgotten your Aadhaar Number (UID) or Enrolment Number (EID), then you do not have to worry because the Indian Government has introduced various solutions that will help you find this information online easily.
People can easily search their UID or EID by Name. To do so, they have to follow a few simple steps.
- Steps for Searching UID or EID by Name:
- Visit the Resident Portal of UIDAI and click on ‘Find UID/EID’.
- Choose UID or EID on the ‘You want to receive your lost’ section.
- Enter details such as your name, registered mobile number and email id.
- Enter the security code. The security code is displayed in the Captcha.
- Click on Get OTP.
- Once you get the OTP, enter it in the ‘Enter OTP’ section and click on ‘Verify OTP’.
- An email containing the EID or UID details will be sent on your registered email id. You will receive the details via SMS on your registered mobile number as well.