You can link your Aadhaar with your ration card either offline or online. The procedures for both are listed below.
Aadhar Link to Ration Card Online
To link your Aadhaar card to your ration card online, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Go to the official Aadhaar seeding website and click on “Start Now”.
- Step 2: Enter your full address, including district and state.
- Step 3: From the options provided, select the Benefit Type, which is “Ration Card”.
- Step 4:Choose the scheme name, which is “ration card”.
- Step 5: Enter your ration card number, Aadhaar number, email address and mobile number.
- Step 6:An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to the mobile number you have entered in the form.
- Step 7:Type in the OTP, after which an on screen notification will inform you that the application process was successful.
- Step 8:Your application will be processed, and on successful verification of the details provided, you will receive a notification informing you that your Aadhar card has been linked to your ration card.
Read About How To Check Aadhar Update Status
Aadhar Seeding to Ration Card - Offline
Individuals who wish to link their Aadhaar card with their ration card offline can do so by following the below mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Take photocopies of the Aadhaar cards of all family members as well as a photocopy of your ration card.
- Step 2:If you have not linked your Aadhaar card with your bank account, take a photocopy of your bank passbook.
- Step 3: Also take a passport sized photograph of the head of the family and submit these documents to the ration office or Public Distribution System (PDS)/ration shop.
- Step 4: You may be asked to give fingerprint ID on their sensors to validate that information against the Aadhaar database.
- Step 5: Once the documents have reached the relevant department, you will notified by SMS or email.
- Step 6:The authorities will process your documents, and once the ration card is successfully linked to the Aadhaar cards, you will receive a notification.
Why Link Aadhaar Card with Ration Card?
By linking the Aadhar card to the ration card, the government will be able to put a stop to instances where individuals obtain multiple ration cards. The government will also be able to stop individuals who are ineligible for ration as their income is above the ration threshold. This will also ensure that only deserving individuals receive subsidized fuel/food-grains.
Ration cards are issued to all households to obtain food grains and fuel at a subsidized rate. In addition to documents like passport and PAN card, the ration card also serves as a proof of identity and address. However, there have also been instances where an individual obtains more than their share of ration or where individuals not eligible for ration obtain it, depriving deserving people of it.