A 12 digit identification number provided by the Government of India through the Unique Identification Authority of India, the Aadhaar number serves as a proof of address and identity anywhere in India.
Individuals can procure an Aadhaar card online or offline at the designated Aadhaar centres by providing the required documents such as address and identity proof.
One of the common queries posed by individuals is regarding Aadhaar Card password. Most would have come across this term when they are about to download their Aadhaar card online. What exactly does Aadhaar password mean?
How can Customers Download e Aadhaar?
Downloading the e-copy of their Aadhaar card is simple for customers.
- They will have to first visit the official web portal of e Aadhaar Card UIDAI.
- A pop-up window will appear and in the ‘I have’ option, individuals will have to choose ‘Aadhaar’.
- They will have to provide their Aadhaar number and other details such as name, mobile number, pin code, etc.
- Once all required details have been filled, they will have to select the option that will provide them with a ‘One time password or OTP’.
- This OTP will be sent to their registered mobile number which will have to be entered in the space provided.
- The option ‘Validate and Download’ should be selected, following which they will receive their e Aadhaar card.
What is Aadhaar Card Password?
When Aadhaar gets downloaded as a PDF file, it is secured with a password which is known as Aadhaar card password. This password is purely for security purposes and is used to encrypt the Aadhaar card PDF file.
This password is nothing but the pin code that was entered by the customer when he/she procured the card. Therefore, when customers wish to open the PDF file, all they will have to do is enter their pin code and they will be able to access their Aadhaar card PDF file.
Why is the Password Required?
The purpose of this password is to secure the e Aadhaar card lest it falls into wrong hands. Only is individuals provide the password will they be able to download their Aadhaar card.