According to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), a photograph must be provided when you apply for an Aadhaar Card. In case you wish to change the photograph, you must visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
Steps to Change the Aadhaar Card Photo
Biometric updates such as photographs and fingerprints cannot be changed online. You will need to visit the Aadhaar Permanent Enrolment Centre to make the changes. The procedure to change the Aadhaar Card photo offline is mentioned below:
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar Permanent Enrolment Centre. You can find the nearest centre by Locate an Enrolment center.
- Collect the Aadhaar enrolment form. You can also download the form by visiting the official website of UIDAI.
- Fill in the relevant details on the form.
- Provide the form and give the biometric details.
- A photograph of you will be taken by the executive.
- The biometric details will need to be provided for approval.
- A fee of Rs.100 will need to be paid to update the Biometrics details on the Aadhaar.
- An acknowledgement slip will be provided to you with an Update Request Number (URN) mentioned on it. You can check the status of your request by using the URN.
No documents will need to be provided to update the photograph on the Aadhaar Card. It may take up to 90 days for the request to be processed.
Steps to Download the Aadhaar Card after Photo Change
The step-by-step procedure to download the Aadhaar Card after the photo is changed is mentioned below:
- Visit https://uidai.gov.in/my-aadhaar/get-aadhaar.html.
- Click on ‘Download Aadhaar’.
- On the next page, enter the Aadhaar Number, Enrolment ID, or Virtual ID.
- Enter the captcha and click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Next, enter the OTP that is sent to your registered mobile number.
- Follow the steps on the next page to download the Aadhaar Card. You will also have the option to print the Aadhaar.
Important Points to Remember when Updating the Photo on the Aadhaar Card
- Currently, you cannot update the photo on the Aadhaar Card online.
- The Aadhaar Card status can be checked with the help of the URN.
- No documents need to be submitted to change the photo on the Aadhaar Card.
Change Photo in Aadhar Card FAQs
- Will I receive an Aadhaar letter in case I Update the Photograph on the Aadhaar Card?
- Is it possible to change the Aadhaar Card photo online?
- How long will it take for the Aadhaar Card to get updated?
Yes, a new Aadhaar Card will be provided in case you update the photograph on the Aadhaar.
No, you cannot change the Aadhaar Card photo online.
It may take up to 90 days for the Aadhaar to get updated.