The Employee Provident Fund is a scheme that helps all the employees to save a small amount from their monthly salary, which will be given to them at the time of their retirement. Savings made under EPF are tax-free. By linking your Aadhaar number to your EPF account, it will become easier to verify all the details of the account holders.
You can link Aadhaar in both online and offline methods to your EPF account.
How to link Aadhaar number with EPF account online?
By using the EPFO online facility, you can link your Aadhaar to EPF with easily.
- A cursory search to link Aadhaar to EPF will give you this link:
- Put your UAN, mobile number linked with the UAN and then click on Generate OTP.
- Type in the OTP you have received and select the gender.
- The next step involves you putting in your Aadhaar number and then choose the “Aadhaar Verification” method. You have two options to choose from: Using Mobile/Email based OTP or Using Biometric.
- Choose the “Use Mobile/Email based verification and you will get a OTP to complete the verification.
What are the benefits of linking Aadhaar with EPF account?
The Employee Provident Fund Organization, which has over 4 crore subscribers, has requested its members to link their EPF account with Aadhaar to enable easy verification of details.
Listed below are few of the benefits of linking Aadhaar number with your EPF account:
- So, now that you know that your Aadhaar card contains all the authentic information, it becomes easier to verify all your details if you link your Aadhaar with EPF account as it contains all your information including biometrics and demographic details which includes you retina scan and thumb detection.
- There are very few chances of errors and discrepancies in the data when you link your Aadhaar with your EPF and UAN, as your information is consistent with your Aadhaar card details.
- Having Aadhaar linked to your EPF account, there will be less chances of having a duplicate account. Owning an Aadhaar card itself is proof of being an Indian citizen. So, when the Aadhaar details are produced, it means an employee can only have a single EPF or UAN account.
- You can withdraw your PF online without the attestation of your employer. The entire process can be completed online without any hassle.