Linking your Aadhaar number to your employee provident fund (EPF) account can make it easier for you to withdraw or transfer your PF balance when you leave your job. EPFO has made it very convenient to link Aadhaar with PF account.
You can link Aadhaar in both online and offline methods to your EPF account.
How to link Aadhaar number with EPF account online?
You can link your Aadhaar and PF account by following these 4 simple steps:
Visit EPFO Member e-SEWA
- Login with your UAN number and password
- Click on ‘KYC’ option under the ‘Manage’ tab
- On the new page, enter your Aadhaar and PAN number on the ‘Add KYC’ tab and click on submit.
- The details will then appear under the ‘Pending KYC tab’.
Once the linking is approved, your Aadhaar information will show under the ‘Approved KYC’ tab.
How to link Aadhaar number with EPF account offline?
You can link your Aadhaar with your PF account offline by visiting the nearest EPFO office. You will need to submit a duly filled application form by following these 3 simple steps:
- Fill the columns asking your name, Aadhaar number and UAN number
- Fill other relevant details as required
- Submit the form along with copies of your PAN, UAN and Aadhaar.
Your Aadhaar will be updated to your UAN once the submitted details are verified and you will get a message about it on your registered mobile number.
What are the benefits of linking Aadhaar with EPF account?
The Employee Provident Fund Organization, which has over 4 crore subscribers, has requested its members to link their EPF account with Aadhaar to enable easy verification of details.
Listed below are few of the benefits of linking Aadhaar number with your EPF account:
- There are very few chances of errors and discrepancies in the data when you link your Aadhaar with your EPF and UAN, as your information is consistent with your Aadhaar card details.
- Linking Aadhaar to your EPF account reduces the chances of having a duplicate account.
- You can withdraw your PF online without the attestation of your employer. The entire process can be completed online without any hassle.