Umang, which is also known as Unified Mobile Application is an all-in-one app. This app was launched by the Indian government to encourage more people to adopt digital payment transactions in the country. The Umang app is a unified app that can be used to access a variety of pan-India e-government services, including income tax filing, Aadhar and provident fund queries, gas cylinder booking, and Passport Seva.
The following are some of the services available in Umang:
|Pay Income Tax||
|Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana -Housing for All (Urban) (PMAY)||
What is Umang App?
The Umang app is a mobile application that can be used to get access to a wide range of government services at the click of a button through your smartphone.
How To Download Umang App
To download the Umang app on Android phones, go to Google Play Store and type Umang. Click on install and wait for the app to be downloaded. Proceed to launch the app post download and register for the service. For Apple users, the app can be installed from the Apple App Store.
How To Use Umang App
- Step 1: Download the Umang app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Step 2: Create your ‘Profile’ by providing personal details such as name, mobile number, age. There is also an option to upload a profile photo
- Step 3: You can also link your Aadhaar number to the app and other social media accounts
- Step 4: After profile creation, you can log in and go to the ‘Sort & Filter’ section to browse through the services and categories
- Step 5: Go to the search option to look for particular services
How To Register/Set Up Umang App Using Mobile Number
Follow the steps mentioned below to register in Umang App with your mobile number:
- Step 1: Download the Umang app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Step 2: Launch the app and click on ‘New User’.
- Step 3: On the ‘Registration’ screen, key in the mobile number and click ‘Proceed’. You will see the mobile number verification screen
- Step 4: Now, key in the OTP and proceed to set MPIN. Type MPIN and click ‘Confirm MPIN’
- Step 5: Choose ‘Proceed’ and answer the security question and continue
- Step 6: Now, enter Aadhar number if you want to link it or click ‘Skip’ to move on to the ‘Profile Information Screen’, where you will have to enter profile details and click ‘Save & Proceed’
- Step 7: This completes the registration process and you will be redirected to the home screen
If a user chooses to go ahead with Aadhar verification on Umang:
- It will allow users to log in to the app using Aadhar number
- The information will be used for E-KYC purposes
- During profile creation, Aadhaar information is copied automatically to the Umang profile
Note that if you key in your email address during profile creation, an email will be sent for verification to the given email address. The email id will be displayed only if the user verifies the same.
How to Withdraw EPF using Umang app
- Step 1: Download the Umang app
- Step 2: Go to the search menu and look for EPFO
- Step 3: Choose ‘Employee Centric’, click ‘Raise Claim’ and enter EPF UAN number
- Step 4: Enter the OTP that is sent to your phone number, choose type of withdrawal and submit through Umang
- Step 5: A claim reference number will be sent to you and you can use this to track the status of your claim
Note: In order to make EPF claims through this e-governance portal, it is very important to first have the following re-requites:
- Approved and verified KYC details
- UAN number linked to Aadhaar
- Umang app linked to Aadhaar
- Phone number should be linked to Aadhaar
Features and Benefits of Umang App:
- Seamless integration: With the Umang app, consumers can enjoy seamless integration with all government related services including Aadhaar, DigoLocker, and PayGov, to name a few. You can also check where Passport Seva Kendra’s are located and book appointments.
- Easy access: This e-governance app is not just limited to smartphones. You can also use it on a desktop, tablet or through SMS.
- Customer service: Umang has a dedicated customer support team that resolves all issues that a user may have. The support team is available on all days of the week from 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
- Single app for all services: The best part about the Umang app is that it a single platform for over 100 government services. Users will be able to access a number of services on a unified platform using a range of different channels.
What Are The Services Available On Umang?
- Employee’s Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) services: Umang app allows users to access EPFO services such as employee centric services and general services. Users will be able to make claims and track their status.
- LPG services: The Umang app can be used to book cylinders online, ask for refills, subsidies, surrender connections, ask for mechanic services, etc. The services can be availed on Bharat Gas, HP Gas and Indene Gas.
- Tax payments: The best part about the Umang app is that it also allows users to make payments towards income tax. Tax payers will be able to use Challan 280 or even check the status of their tax application.
- Passport Seva: Customers can use the Umang app to access various Passport Seva related services such as locating a center, calculating the fee payments, tracking the status of a passport application and checking appointment availability, among others.
- Pension: All pensioners can access services offered by the Department of Pension & Pensioner’s Welfare. All facilities such as the pension application process, grievances, and other retirement benefits can be availed through the Pension Portal on the app.
- ePathshala: This is an initiative of the government of India and the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCRT). Students will have access to e-books, educational audios, and videos, periodicals, learning outcomes, curricular resources, etc. The service can also be used by teachers to get access to educational content and teaching instructions. Parents can also use the portal for the same.
- CBSE: Students can use this e-governance app to check their results and also locate exam centers. Results can be obtained for 10th/12th, CTET, NET and JEE exams using the Umang app, at the click of a button.
- e-Dhara Land Records: Users from Gujrat will be able to check their land records using the Umang app with respect to district taluka and villages.
- Digi Seva: The app also allows users to apply for jobs and create their profiles for the same purpose using this platform. Users can apply for all jobs posted by government organizations.
- Crop Insurance: All farmers can use this tool to calculate the insurance premium and the total sum insured for their produce as per the various schemes that are made available to them by the government of India.
- Pharma Sahi Daam: This allows the app user to look for prices using a search tool for medicines.
- Driving license: Users will also be able to use the Parivahan Sewa -Sarathi and Vahan - to take a look at vehicle registration certificates and download the same.
Table of some Umang Services:
|All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)||
|Annapurna Krishi Prasaar Seva (AKPS)||
List of other category Umang Services:
- View market prices on Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Government of India
- Check e-Dhara Land Records
- Check e-Migrate details
- e-Pathshala services
- Farm Mechanization & Extension Reforms, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners
- Kendriya Vidyalaya: Admission, school locater, results
- Agro Advisory Services
- National Scholarship: Track application and check eligibility
- Online Job Application System
- Parivahan Sewa: Sarathi and Vahan
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- Soil Health Card
- Pension Portal
- Sukhad Yatra
- Crop insurance
FAQs on Umang App
- What is the main objective of Umang?
- If I lose my phone, what should I do?
- Will my account be deleted if I block it at any point in time?
- How I use a blocked account?
- How can I delete my account?
- What are the languages in which the app is available?
- Can I use 1 account for more than 1 user?
- What are the channels through which Umang can be used?
Ans:The objective is to speed up the process of embracing digital payment transactions and fast-track mobile governance.
Ans:Firstly, no one will be able to access your account because it is password-protected. However, to be safe call the toll-free number 1800-11-5246.
Ans:No. The account will not be deleted. The account can be unblocked by calling the customer care.
Ans:In such a case, you will have to activate your Umang account again and go through the registration process again.
Ans:To delete your account, go to ‘Settings', go to ‘Account Settings’ and click on ‘Delete My Umang Account’.
Ans:The app is currently available in as many as 12 Indian languages apart from English.
Ans:No. Unfortunately, this will not be possible. Every single user will have to have his/her own Umang account.
- Mobile app
Ans:Yes. Just log on to www.umang.gov.in to access services through a computer.
Ans:Yes. To do so, go to the ‘State’ option.
Ans:It is around 12 to 20 MB.
Ans: No. The service is free.
Ans:All concerned service departments.
Ans:Yes. The same can be done by going to the ‘Account Settings’ tab.
Ans:No. This will not be possible.