Updated on - 19 Oct 2021
HP Gas is the arm of HPCL which supplies LPG. There are 44 HP Gas plants in the country. The capacity of these plants in total is 3610 thousand metric tonnes per annum. Each process right from the bottling of the gas to its distribution is thoroughly examined.
HP Gas new connection offlineHP Gas new connection offline
- A customer can directly visit a HP gas centre in his or her area of residence and register for a new connection by providing the relevant documents to the HP gas distributor.
- The customer needs to obtain a KYC Form from the HP gas centre, take a print out and duly fill it with the details required.
HP Gas new connection online
To register for HP gas online, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click HP Gas new connection registration portal. This will take you to the page where registration for a new HP gas connection can be done.
- After clicking on the link and visiting the HP gas new registration page, keep your ID card and address proof ready with you.
- You can also opt for registration via e-KYC facility. This procedure eliminates the requirement of having an identity proof and address proof document with you while registering for a new connection. The only requirement for registering through e-KYC is that the current phone number must be linked with your Aadhar card.
- Once you have all the required documents with you, submit the documents online and click on submit button. After the successful submission of the application, you will receive a referral number which can be used to track the application status.
- In the next step you have to pay the fees levied by HP for obtaining a new connection. The fees can be paid by debit card, credit card or via net banking.
- After the payment, enter the name of your HP gas distributor.
Documents required for HP Gas new connectionDocuments required for HP Gas new connection
- Ration Card
- Utility Bill (Electricity Bill, Water, or Land line Telephone Bill)
- Rental/ Lease Agreement
- House registration certificate
- Employer’s Certificate
- Voter’s ID
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License, or Bank Passbook etc.
- PAN Card
- Voter’s ID
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Central/ State Government Issued ID, or Photo-bearing Bank Passbook.
Once this process is through, you will get new connection in less than a week.
List of Forms for HP Gas Connection
HP gas connection can be booked both online as well as offline by providing the needed documents. Subsidies are available for everyone, although many who come from a higher economic strata have adhered to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s plea and have voluntarily given up their subsidy so that the benefit could reach those who require it more desperately. There are a number of forms available for applicants who wish to procure an HP gas connection. Based on the applicant’s requirements, the relevant forms can be procured. These forms include - Ujjwala KYC Application form, which is meant for those who are procuring a HP Gas connection, for the first time; Ujjwala KYC form for procuring loan, in case applicants cannot afford to pay for an LPG connection; Simplified KYC documents for those who do not have KYC documents, and so on. These forms can be downloaded online by clicking here: HP Gas Online Form
How to locate your HP Gas distributors?
To locate your HP gas distributor, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the HP Gas distributor portal .
- Next, enter whether the SBU is LPG or retail.
- After entering the type of SBU, enter your state of residence.
- Next, enter your district of your residence.
- The last step is to select the ‘all’ option in the customer checkbox.
- After entering all the above mentioned details, you will be able to locate your HP gas distributor.
Transferring Your HP Gas Connection
The procedure of moving over to another provider for HP gas connection is generally called as connection transfer. This occurs when a client moves his/ her residence to another area either in the same town or to some other city or state as per the situation. You can get this done online as well as in person that is, offline.
HP Gas Online Transfer Process
These days everybody prefers online transactions regarding gas connections as it is quite cumbersome to go to the office, wait about and do the needful.
Since you are already an HP customer, please follow the steps mentioned below to transfer your LPG gas connection online.
- Open your official HP gas website (home page).
- Drop the list from Quick Link column on HP Gas website homepage
- From dropped list, please choose your specific HP Gas Customer Zone
- It will take you to another page where you have two choices, one for current member and the other for non-members.
- Being an old member, you can merely log in to your HP gas account and put in the transfer request by filling out the relevant transfer application form and submitting it.
- Non Members too can easily solve their dilemma by getting himself/ herself listed first. This can be done by a single click and you may comply with the given instructions then or later.
- The procedure of signing up process is quite simple and you shall use the same account for various other purposes like putting in complaints, too book for cylinder refills and so on. You can select the particular form, fill it duly and submit.
HP Gas Offline Transfer Process:
You may directly get in touch with your distributor if you are not comfortable with online transfer process.
The provider will inform you of the required regulations and steps you need to do. It entails getting a connection transfer form and submitting it duly filled.
Transfer Your HP LPG Gas Connection within the Same City and Out of the City:
Procedure to Transfer HP Gas Connection Within the Same City:
When your connection transfer form is given to your distributor, you will get an e-CTA (Consumer Transfer Advice). Keep this carefully as this is the code of agreement in the creation of your subscription voucher (SV). Remember, this is valid only for 90 days. You can keep your old regulator and cylinder.
Procedure to Transfer HP Gas Connection Out of the City:
A termination voucher (TV) will be given to you once you submit your application form for transfer. You will have to surrender your cylinder and regulator before leaving though. But your money for the same will be reimbursed accordingly. To enroll with your new service provider, you need to give in your old Domestic Consumer Gas Card (Book). Once all the norms are fulfilled, your gas connection will be recommenced with the new SV.
Book Your Refill Cylinder At Anytime:
The numbers of the cities are as follows:
|States / Areas||Phone Number|
|Delhi & NCR||99909 23456|
|Bihar & Jharkhand||95071 23456|
|Andhra Pradesh||96660 23456|
|Jammu & Kashmir||90860 23456|
|Himachal Pradesh||98820 23456|
|Tamil Nadu||90922 23456|
|Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh||96690 23456|
|Maharashtra & Goa||88888 23456|
|Uttar Pradesh||98896 23456|
|Uttar Pradesh (W)||81919 23456|
|West Bengal||90888 23456|
HP Gas customer feedback or complaint system
If as a HP gas customer, you have any grievances or complaints regarding the HP gas connection that you have taken, you can file a complain in HP Gas Complaint/Feedback System . The details to be filled are:
- The first detail that as a customer you have to fill is whether you are a consumer of HP gas.
- Next, enter the HP gas LPG ID.
- Enter the state of your residence.
- Enter the district of your residence.
- Select your HP gas distributor.
- After selecting the distributor, enter your customer number.
- Next, enter the type of feedback or complaint you want to file.
- The last step is to mention whether the complaint that you are filing is a PAHAL (DBTL) issue or any other issue.
Safety tips for HP Gas customers
Knowing all the safety tips prior to using an HP gas is of utmost importance. For HP gas customers, the safety tips are as follows:
Rubber tubing: The safety tips to keep in mind when working with the rubber tubing of the cylinder are as follows:
- The rubber tubing must be of ISI quality.
- The rubber tubing should ideally be short. Its maximum length can be 1.5 metres.
- The rubber tubing should be easily available for examination.
- The rubber tubing should cover the full length of the nozzle. The customer can do so by pushing it.
- The rubber tubing should not be twisted and should not get heated by the burner.
- It should not be cleaned with soap. The customer should only use a clean wet cloth.
- Sometimes an old rubber tubing can develop cracks, holes and porosity at the ends. Replace the rubber tubing at a period of 2 years.
- The rubber tubing should not be covered by any object.
Pressure Regulator: The pressure regulator is one of the most important equipments present in a cylinder. It regulates pressure of the gas and provides it constantly to the hot plate. Some of the situations that can occur while using a pressure regulator and the steps to take to handle it are:
When the gas can be smelled: The steps to take in case the consumer can smell gas leakage from the cylinder are:
- The user should not operate electrical switches.
- The stove should be turned off.
- The pressure regulator should be switched off.
- All the doors and windows in the house should be opened.
- If the smell still persists after doing all of the steps mentioned above, call the emergency care number in the HP office.
When disconnecting an empty cylinder: When an empty cylinder is being disconnected, the steps to be followed for safety are:
- If there is any flame burning in the house when disconnecting an empty cylinder, it should be immediately put out.
- All the taps on the cooking stove have to be closed immediately.
- The regulator has to be turned off before the disconnection of the empty cylinder.
- The user has to detach the regulator from the valve on the cylinder. This can be done by holding the regulator and pulling the blush. Blush is the black plastic locking ring.
- The delrin plastic cap has to be placed on the valve of the cylinder. The cap has to be pushed down firmly until a click sound is heard.
- The empty cylinder can now be disconnected.
When connecting the filled cylinder: When connecting the filled cylinder, follow safety tips mentioned below:
- The customer has to remove the safety cap first.
- The safety cap can be removed by the cord which has to be pulled. Keeping the cord in the same position, the cap of the valve of the cylinder is to be lifted.
- The next step for the user is to check whether the sealing ring is present inside the cylinder valve or not. The user can check it by feeling the sealing ring with the help of his or her little finger.
- If the sealing ring is absent from the cylinder, the safety cap is to be put back in its original place and the distributor needs to be contacted for exchange of the cylinder.
- The regulator has to be mounted on the filled cylinder.
FAQs on HP Gas
- Can a single household possess multiple HP gas connections?
- Can a customer possess a PNG and LPG connection from HP gas at the same time?
- Is it mandatory for the customer to buy other equipments such as hot plate from HP gas?
- What course of action should the customer take if there is gas leakage at night or on a public holiday?
- How can a customer find the nearest HPCL center near him or her?
- What is the procedure to be followed if there is no action taken on the grievance or complaint filed by the customer?
- Are the customers who buy an HP gas connection provided with insurance?
- What is the process for replacement of a cylinder or regulator if it is lost or defective?
No, a single household cannot possess multiple HP gas connections.
Yes, a customer possesses a PNG and LPG connection from HP gas at the same time but the charges will be levied at the non-subsidised rate.
No, it mandatory for the customer to buy other equipments such as hot plate from HP gas.Customers can opt for any BIS certified source to buy the other equipments.
If there is gas leakage at night or on a public holiday, the customer can contact the Emergency Service Cell . The refill cash memos includes the phone numbers of the Emergency Service Cell.
A customer find the nearest HPCL center near him or her by clicking http://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/contactus .
To find a complaint about no action being taken on the filed grievance, the customer can do so by clicking on the link http://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/contactus or visit the nearest HP office near his or her area of residence. You can check HP Office near you .
The customers are insured against any damage caused by an accident from an HP gas equipment. HPCL has also holds a Public Liability Insurance Policy.
To replace a cylinder or a regulator that has been damaged or lost, an undertaking has to be submitted to the distributor in the format mentioned in the link below - http://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/documents/pdf/format.pdf